About the Fortin EVO-ONE-SUB1
Remote start your vehicle — precool in summer, preheat in winter
Remote start your vehicle — precool in summer, preheat in winter
Choosing the right remote start system and installing it in your vehicle has become a lot simpler and more affordable with this all-in-one Fortin EVO-Series package. The EVO-ONE-SUB1 system includes a digital interface module, which bypasses your vehicle's immobilizer circuits so you can start it without a key, and a T-harness that'll connect the module to your specific vehicle.
Vehicle-specific harness simplifies the installation
While not quite plug-and-play, the harness connections cut down installation time considerably, so you do-it-yourselfers out there can save a little money. Fortin includes a code on the package that you use on their website to download and print detailed, illustrated instructions for your installation. In addition, Crutchfield offers free lifetime tech support, via our toll-free telephone number, to help ensure your remote start installation goes smoothly.
Use your factory remote
You start your vehicle by pressing the lock button on your factory key three times. This system lets you start your car from as far away as the key will lock and unlock your doors. Note: This feature works on most vehicles, but in certain select vehicles, the factory key won't work with this remote start system and an RF kit will be required for installation. Please contact us for more details.
Optional RF remotes increase the range
If you want to be able to start your car from inside your home or office, for instance, you can extend your range by simply plugging in one of these RF remote kits to the interface module.
Fortin RF641W 1-way, 4-button RF remote kit, 1500-foot range ($80)
Fortin RF642W 2-way, 4-button RF remote kit, 2500-foot range ($120)
Each RF kit contains two remote controls, an antenna module, and harness. Both kits let you remotely lock and unlock the doors, pop open the trunk, and perform other functions in addition to starting your engine.
Integrates with your factory security system too
The EVO-ONE-SUB1 also gives you control over your vehicle's factory security system's basic functions like horn-honking, light-flashing, and door-locking, giving you a little peace of mind when you get into your running car.
The EVO-ONE-SUB1 bypass module requires a Fortin FLASHLINK updater in order to program it to work in your vehicle.
If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this remote start system yourself. If not, please consider having your system professionally installed.
To ensure vehicle compatibility, please enter your vehicle information. Your order will be reviewed by our Car Experts group, who will contact you if further information or recommended accessories are needed.
- remote start system
- works in select 2012-up Subaru vehicles with regular key starting
- requires FLASHLINK Updater (#938FLINK) for programming
- vehicle-specific harness included
- uses factory key to start vehicle remotely
- also controls factory security basic functions
- remote start function is for fuel injected, diesel, and hybrid vehicles with automatic transmissions only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EVO-ONE-SUB1
What's in the box:
- EVO-ONE remote starter and alarm interface module
- THAR-SUB1 harness
- Valet switch with 36" wires (2-pin plug)
- 20-pin General Purpose harness with 36" wires
- 6-pin Bypass Relay harness with 36" wires
- 5-pin CAN-Bus harness with 36" wires
- Hood pin switch
- EVO-ONE Quick Installation Guide
- User Guide
- THAR-ONE-SUB1 Parts Included diagram
- Wire Color activation key card
- Warning/Attention sticker
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Fortin EVO-ONE-SUB1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fortin EVO-ONE-SUB1
Features & specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||No|
|Glass Break Sensor||No|
|Number of Remote Buttons||N/A|
|Number of Remote Functions||5|
|Factory Security Integration||Yes|
|Number of Cars||1|
|Remote Door Locks||Yes|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||Yes|
|Number of Zones||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Fortin EVO-ONE-SUB1 is a combo package containing the EVO-ONE, a universal, all-in-one high-power remote starter, security system, keyless entry, and data interface module. Included with the EVO-ONE module is the THAR-ONE-SUB1 T-Harness for select Subaru vehicles. The EVO-ONE and T-harness are designed to greatly shorten the installation time of the remote start/security system in those vehicles by making many of the connections via direct plug-in harnesses.
Note: This is a complex product, and it is recommended that installation is performed by a professional installer or experienced do-it-yourselfer.
Compatibility: The EVO-ONE-SUB1 is currently compatible with some 36 vehicles, including select 2012-18 Subaru Crosstrek, Forester, Forester XT, Impreza, Legacy, Outback, WRX, WRX STi, and XV Crosstrek. Click here to see if your vehicle is compatible.
EVO-ONE Programming: The included EVO-ONE module is ready to load with the required firmware to bypass the vehicle's immobilizer. The required Flash Link Updater (sold separately) must be connected to the EVO-ONE, flashed for your vehicle, and configured for the desired options before installation. It has a self-learning algorithm that automatically detects the vehicle, which greatly shortens the programming time. The module has three on-board LEDs to simplify the programming and diagnostics of the system.
Remote Start Features: The EVO-ONE remote starter, security system, and keyless entry offers many programmable features. A few of the key features include:
- Engine Run Time: Gas: 15 min, 7 min, 3 min; Diesel: 30 min, 15 min, 6 min
- Unlock Pulse Time: Single 0.25 sec, Double 0.25 sec, Single 4 sec, Single 2.5 sec, Single 1.5 sec, Single 0.75 sec
- Cold Start Time: Interval: Every 3 hours at 23°F, Every 1.5 hours at -23°F; Runtime: programmed length or 5 minutes
- Diesel Mode: Off, Enabled with 20 sec delay between ignition power and starter crank, Enabled with 10 sec delay, Enabled with no delay
- Start Attempts: 1, 2, 3
- Vehicle Type: Gas/Diesel, Hybrid
- Alarm Duration: 30 sec, 60 sec, 120 sec
- Trunk Output: Pulse 0.5 sec, Pulse 2.5 sec, Unlock before trunk pulse 0.5 sec, Trunk output at ignition only
User Interface: The EVO-ONE-SUB1 offers three different ways to start the vehicle or control the built-in alarm system:
- Start the vehicle with the OEM remote by pressing the Lock button 3 times
- Working with compatible long-range RF remote kits, such as the RF641W or RF642W.
- Through compatible smartphone modules (such as Compustar Drone and others).
Included Harnesses: The EVO-ONE-SUB1 includes the THAR-ONE-SUB1 pre-wired T-harness with multiple plugs on each end that connect to the EVO-ONE module and the vehicle's OEM wiring. An activation key to WireColor.com is included for a free vehicle wire color diagram.
3 questions already asked