About the Fortin EVO-ONE-TOY9
Remote start your vehicle — precool in summer, preheat in winter
Remote start your vehicle — precool in summer, preheat in winter
Choosing the right remote start system and installing it in your vehicle has become a lot simpler and more affordable with this all-in-one Fortin EVO-Series package. The EVO-ONE-TOY9 system includes a digital interface module, which bypasses your vehicle's immobilizer circuits so you can start it without a key, and a T-harness that'll connect the module to your specific vehicle.
Vehicle-specific harness simplifies the installation
While not quite plug-and-play, the harness connections cut down installation time considerably, so you do-it-yourselfers out there can save a little money. Fortin includes a code on the package that you use on their website to download and print detailed, illustrated instructions for your installation. In addition, Crutchfield offers free lifetime tech support, via our toll-free telephone number, to help ensure your remote start installation goes smoothly.
Use your factory remote
You start your vehicle by pressing the lock button on your factory key three times. This system lets you start your car from as far away as the key will lock and unlock your doors. Note: This feature works on most vehicles, but in certain select vehicles, the factory key won't work with this remote start system and an RF kit will be required for installation. Please contact us for more details.
Optional RF remotes increase the range
If you want to be able to start your car from inside your home or office, for instance, you can extend your range by simply plugging in one of these RF remote kits to the interface module.
Fortin RF641W 1-way, 4-button RF remote kit, 1500-foot range ($80)
Fortin RF642W 2-way, 4-button RF remote kit, 2500-foot range ($120)
Each RF kit contains two remote controls, an antenna module, and harness. Both kits let you remotely lock and unlock the doors, pop open the trunk, and perform other functions in addition to starting your engine.
Integrates with your factory security system too
The EVO-ONE-TOY9 also gives you control over your vehicle's factory security system's basic functions like horn-honking, light-flashing, and door-locking, giving you a little peace of mind when you get into your running car.
The EVO-ONE-TOY9 bypass module requires a Fortin FLASHLINK updater in order to program it to work in your vehicle.
If you know how to use a multimeter and have experience working with your vehicle's electrical system, you should be able to install this remote start system yourself. If not, please consider having your system professionally installed.
To ensure vehicle compatibility, please enter your vehicle information. Your order will be reviewed by our Car Experts group, who will contact you if further information or recommended accessories are needed.
- remote start system
- works in select Toyota vehicles
- vehicle-specific harness included
- requires FLASHLINK Updater (#938FLINK) for programming
- uses factory key to start vehicle remotely
- also controls factory security basic functions
- remote start function is for fuel injected, diesel, and hybrid vehicles with automatic transmissions only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EVOONETOY9
What's in the box:
- EVO-ONE remote starter and alarm interface module
- 33" THAR-TOY1 T-harness
- 36" THAR-TY30 T-harness
- Valet switch with 36" wires (2-pin plug)
- Hood pin switch
- Wiring Guide
- Quick Installation Guide
- Warning label
- Parts Included
- Activation key for vehicle wire color codes
Fortin EVO-ONE-TOY9 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fortin EVO-ONE-TOY9
Features & specs
|Lines of Defense|
|Scan-resistant Remote Codes||No|
|Glass Break Sensor||No|
|Number of Remote Buttons||N/A|
|Number of Remote Functions||---|
|Factory Security Integration||Yes|
|Number of Cars||N/A|
|Remote Door Locks||N/A|
|Manual Transmission Compatible||Yes|
|Number of Zones||9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Fortin EVO-ONE-TOY9 is an all-in-one, high-power remote starter, security system, keyless entry, and data interface module, that includes integration T-harnesses for installing into select 2010-2020 Toyota 4Runner and Sienna vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and a Standard, G-Key, or H-Key ignition system (not compatible with push-to-start vehicles).
- This is a complex product, and it is recommended that installation is performed by a professional installer or experienced do-it-yourselfer.
- A Flash Link Updater (sold separately) will be required for loading vehicle-specific firmware into the EVO-ONE module.
EVO-ONE Programming: The included EVO-ONE module will need to have its firmware flashed for your specific vehicle using a Fortin Flash Link Updater (938FLINK), which is sold separately. The Flash Link Updater connects to both the EVO-ONE module and your Windows computer (MAC not supported), letting you update the firmware as well enable/disable features. The module has three on-board LED to simplify the programming and diagnostics of the system.
Remote Start Features: The EVO-ONE remote starter, security system, and keyless entry offers many programmable features. A few of the key features include:
- Engine Run Time: Gas: 15 min, 7 min, 3 min; Diesel: 30 min, 15 min, 6 min
- Unlock Pulse Time: Single 0.25 sec, Double 0.25 sec, Single 4 sec, Single 2.5 sec, Single 1.5 sec, Single 0.75 sec
- Cold Start Time: Interval: Every 3 hours at 23°F, Every 1.5 hours at -23°F; Runtime: programmed length or 5 minutes
- Diesel Mode: Off, Enabled with 20 sec delay between ignition power and starter crank, Enabled with 10 sec delay, Enabled with no delay
- Start Attempts: 1, 2, 3
- Vehicle Type: Gas/Diesel, Hybrid
- Alarm Duration: 30 sec, 60 sec, 120 sec
- Trunk Output: Pulse 0.5 sec, Pulse 2.5 sec, Unlock before trunk pulse 0.5 sec, Trunk output at ignition only
User Interface: The EVO-ONE-TOY9 offers three different ways to start the vehicle or control the built-in alarm system:
- Using the OEM remote (possible with most, but not all, factory keyless entry remotes)
- Working with compatible long-range RF remote kits, such as the RF641W or RF642W.
- Through compatible smartphone modules (such as the Viper SmartStart or Code Alarm ASCL6).
Note: If your OEM remote will not function while the vehicle is running, you will need to unlock the door with the key after remote starting. If this is a concern, we suggest adding an optional RF kit (item 938RF641W or 938RF642W, sold separately).
Included Harnesses: The EVO-ONE-TOY9 includes two T-harnesses designed to plug directly into your compatible Toyota vehicle, making installation much faster and easier. A hood pin switch and a valet switch are also included, along with an activation key to WireColor.com for a free vehicle wire color diagram.