About the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
Get your game on
The NETGEAR Nighthawk™ lets you prioritize your gaming platform for smooth, lag-free gameplay.
Get your game on
Lag. Buffering. Freezing. These are the things my son complains about when he's gaming online. The NETGEAR R7000/AC1900 Nighthawk makes sure all of your wireless devices get enough bandwidth, and it's packed with features that enhance the online experience for serious gamers.
A powerful 1GHz dual core processor is the brains of the operation, and premium features like bandwidth prioritizing and beamshaping allow you to decide where your bandwidth is needed most. The gamer in your house will love that, but it also offers flexibility for streaming video on movie night, listening to high-res music, or downloading large work files.
Put your USB drive to work
If you plug your USB hard drive into your Nighthawk Wi-Fi router, you'll open up the door to NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. That means wherever you are, you'll be able to access your connected USB storage device, so you can keep large files like photos and videos at home, then see and share them when you're out and about without taking up precious space on your mobile device. The router can also perform regularly scheduled backups to the connected drive, so your important data stays current and safe.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. This router also offers double firewall protection and a stiff defense against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. If you have young ones in the house, use the router's parental controls to filter out content you don't want them to see. If you're one of the growing number of people who occasionally works from home, the Nighthawk offers a strong, secure VPN connection as well.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Once you've plugged in a few cables, use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to connect your Wi-Fi quickly. The NETGEAR genie® app lets you monitor, control and troubleshoot your network from a convenient personal dashboard.
- 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous dual band operation (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz)
- high-powered amplifiers with 3 detachable external antennas provide improved wireless coverage for large properties
- AC1900 Wi-Fi (600+1300 Mbps)
- up to 600 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- powerful 1GHz dual-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- advanced upstream and downstream QoS (quality of service)
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- DLNA compliant for easy content sharing
- NETGEAR genie® app helps you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your home network
- 128 MB flash and 256 MB RAM internal memory
- bandwidth can be prioritized for online gaming, streaming videos, or high-res music
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- Airtime fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access allows secure remote cloud access to USB storage
- five 10/100/1000 (4 LAN and 1 WAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- one USB 3.0 port
- one USB 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- automatic backup software for Windows® PC included
- compatible with Time Machine® for Mac
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11-1/4"W x 2"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 1.65 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R7000-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Dual-band WiFi router
- 3 Antennas
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
AC1900 Smart WiFi Router: Built with gaming, streaming and mobile devices in mind, this next generation gigabit WiFi router has a 1GHz dual core processor and delivers extreme speed so you enjoy less lag and less buffering. With Beamforming+ and built in high powered amplifiers and external antennas, you get WiFi coverage anywhere around your home.
Variety of Applications: With NETGEAR's Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router, you can create a powerful home network for applications such as lag-free multiple HD streaming, multi-player online gaming, ultra-fast, reliable connection to the Internet and a secure wireless connection.
- Surf/Chat/Email: Enjoy a reliable, secure wireless connection to the Internet for surfing the web, chatting, and email.
- HD Video Streaming: Optimized for a smooth, lag-free HD video streaming experience; even for multiple devices.
- Internet Radio Music: Enjoy a fast and reliable wireless connection for listening to music online.
- Online Gaming: Optimized for multi-player gaming with no lags.
1GHz Dual-Core Processor: The NETGEAR Nighthawk's Dual Core 1GHz processor boosts wireless, wired, & WAN-to-LAN performance. The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router is built to handle all your high-bandwidth online activities with features that will keep you connected at top speeds.
WiFi Technology: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router offers Gigabit WiFi speeds thanks to its WiFi 802.11ac chipset, plus extended WiFi range and reliability due to its 2.4GHZ & 5GHZ dual-bands.
- Gigabit WiFi Speed: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router adopts the latest WiFi 802.11ac chipset for extreme download speeds up to 600+1300 Mbps (up to 600Mbps @ 2.4 GHz, 1300Mbps @ 5 GHz). It is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices. Next generation 802.11ac WiFi with dual band technology avoids wireless interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds and reliable connections. Everything you need for an ultra-fast WiFi connected home.
- Extended WiFi Range: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router is equipped with high-powered amplifiers and three external antennas that provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity throughout larger homes for all your Internet-enabled devices.
- Dual-Band WiFi: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming.
Gigabit Wired: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router is fitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices.
Advanced Technologies: With features like QoS, Beamforming+, and Airtime Fairness you get enhanced speed by up to 100%, so you can roam freely throughout your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- QoS Upstream & Downstream: Downstream & upstream QoS automatically recognizes & prioritizes streaming & gaming applications. With the powerful 1GHz dual core processor and advanced upstream QoS for XBox and other game consoles, Nighthawk can prioritize bandwidth to your game so other devices on the network don't slow down your connection. Nighthawk also has downstream QoS and is optimized for streaming applications like YouTube, Netflix, and others, so you can enjoy uninterrupted video streaming with limited buffering.
- Beamforming+: Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
- Airtime Fairness: This features prevents network lag when slower devices connect to the router.
Convenient Content Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is built-in and simple, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing.
- DLNA: Stream your stored media files anywhere on the network to DLNA screens.
- AirPlay Compatible: Share your music to Airplay-compatible devices from the USB hard-drive connected to the router.
- ReadySHARE USB Access: Wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via the router's dual USB ports (2.0/3.0). USB 3.0 is 10x faster than USB 2.0.
- ReadySHARE Printer: Wirelessly access & share a USB printer.
Cloud Storage: Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into the NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you'll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home.
Simple Setup: NETGEAR makes installation and management fast & simple, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way. The router offers a built-in Setup Wizard for computer setup, an Apple & Google Play app for Apple iOS & Android setup, plus a WPS push-button setup.
- Device Install: Easy setup for iPad, tablets, smartphones & computers.
- Setup Wizard: You can use the router's built-in Setup Wizard for Windows & Mac to detect your Internet settings and automatically set up the router from your computer.
- NETGEAR Genie App: Personal dashboard to monitor, control & repair your home network from your smartphone or tablet.
- Push 'N' Connect: Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
- WiFi Power On/Off: Convenient power savings.
NETGEAR Genie App: The NETGEAR Genie App makes getting the most out of your home network fun & easy. The Genie App lets you easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. With the NETGEAR Genie App you can share & stream music or videos, diagnose & repair network issues, set up parental controls & more.
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPhone: compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPad: compatible with iPad (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for Android: compatible with Android 2.2 or higher
- NETGEAR Genie App for Windows PC: compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
- NETGEAR Genie App for Mac: compatible with Mac OS X
Alexa Commands: When you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa, you can use voice commands to configure your router's settings. You can also ask Alexa to send your network credentials to your Alexa app, which makes accessing your credentials more convenient while still keeping your information secure. The following Alex commands are supported -
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable the guest network
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable the guest network
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router
- Alexa, ask NETGEAR to send me my WiFi settings
- Before you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa, you must download the NETGEAR genie app, create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- There are two ways to enable your NETGEAR router to work with Amazon Alexa. You can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill," or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa app.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- VPN Support: VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
- Personal FTP Server: With your customized free URL, you can use FTP to access your network when you aren't home through Dynamic DNS.
Auto Backup: Keep your content safe by using the included ReadySHARE Vault application for backing up Windows-based PCs. For Mac OS users, back-up using Apple Time Machine.
- ReadyShare Vault PC: Use the free NETGEAR ReadySHARE Vault app to back up your Windows computers to a USB hard drive connected to the Nighthawk router.
- Time Machine: You can use Time Machine to back up your Mac computers onto a USB hard disk drive that is connected to one of the router's USB ports.
Firmware/Software Updates: Its USB 2.0/3.0 ports and 128MB Flash/128MB memory provide future software feature expansion. Click here for the latest firmware/software updates from NETGEAR.
LEDs: LEDs on the top-panel of the Nighthawk AC1900 indicate router status.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7/ Vista / XP /2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
2 questions already asked