About the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
Get top-tier speed and reliability for your network
Get top-tier speed and reliability for your network
The AC1900 Nighthawk uses Beamforming+ to deliver blazing-fast streaming to all of your devices.
In today's connected world, lots of devices are competing for your router's bandwidth. Streaming movies, music, and online gaming all at the same time requires a wireless network that can handle the demands of a high-tech home. Enter the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk. It combines a high-speed cable modem with best-in-class Wi-Fi technology to provide blazing-fast speeds and outstanding range. Bottlenecking, slow downloads, and spotty wireless coverage are now a thing of the past.
Dual-band Wi-Fi with no lag
The Nighthawk takes your incoming coaxial cable Internet signal and broadcasts it over two separate bands to maximize connectivity and reduce interference. The 2.4 and 5GHz ranges provide flexible wireless connectivity for your smartphones, tablets, and other streaming devices in your home. You'll enjoy fast downloads, even with heavy traffic. Four Ethernet ports provide direct connections for your hard-wired equipment.
Beamforming+ uses two-way communication between the router and your phone or tablet to provide the strongest wireless coverage possible. Instead of just broadcasting the Wi-Fi coverage in a broad circle, Beamforming focuses the coverage on your wireless devices. As you move around your home, that focused range follows, giving you a fast and reliable connection every time.
Easy to set up and share content
Set up your new Nighthawk using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Easy browser-based installation means no CDs to load or keep track of. Simply connect a few cables and then use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to create your Wi-Fi network. The free NETGEAR genie® app lets you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your network. You can even connect an external USB hard drive loaded with photos, music, and other files, then access them wirelessly from all around the house using DLNA-compatible devices.
Enjoy a safe, secure network
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. This router also offers double firewall protection and a stiff defense against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. Parental controls provide filtering of content you don't want youngsters to have access to.
- AC1900 Nighthawk cable modem and wireless router (model C7000)
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- uses high-powered radio amplifiers and three dual-band internal antennas for strong wireless coverage
- DLNA capable for movie, photo, and music access with compatible devices
- high-performance 1.6GHz combined processor
- channel bonding for fast download and upload speeds
- 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels
- includes Beamforming+ for more reliable wireless connections
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) supported
- CableLabs® certified to work with Comcast XFINITY® and Time Warner Cable® Internet services
- use the NETGEAR genie® app to monitor, control, and repair your home network
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- eliminates monthly cable modem rental fees
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- one USB 2.0 port to wirelessly access and share a USB hard drive or printer
- coaxial input for cable Internet service
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention
- separate and secure guest network access
- easy Push 'N' Connect push-button Wi-Fi setup (WPS)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-5/16"W x 9-11/16" H x 1-3/4"" D
- weight: 1.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4219653
What's in the box:
- WiFi cable modem router
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- Installation Guide
- GNU General Public License
NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
WiFi Cable Modem Router: NETGEAR's AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7000) combines a cable modem and WiFi router in one device, so you can connect to your cable internet service provider and other network devices in your home without having to connect a separate router or gateway. The NETGEAR AC1900 is certified by most major cable Internet providers in the US. The WiFi cable modem router saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your cable internet service provider.
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers; like Comcast XFINITY (including Comcast XFINITY Blast), Time Warner Cable (including Time Warner Cable Maxx), Cox, Charter, Cablevision & more. The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certified: The NETGEAR AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.0 is 16-times faster than 2.0 devices.
Powerful 1.6GHz Combined Processor w/ 24x8 Channel Bonding: Its powerful 1.6GHz combined processor supports 24 download & 8 upstream channels simultaneously for efficient and reliable Internet access. You get up to 960Mbps download speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi (2.4GHZ/5GHz): The NETGEAR AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router supports WiFi connection speeds up to 600Mbps in the 2.4GHz band for 802.11n devices and up to 1300Mbps in the 5GHz band for 802.11ac devices. Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands can be active simultaneously. The modem router supports the following advanced WiFi features -
- WiFi Multimedia (WMM): WMM QoS prioritizes WiFi data packets from different applications based on four access categories - voice, video, best effort, and background.
- Protected Management Frames (PMF): Protected Management Frames (PMF) is a security feature that protects unicast and multicast management frames from being intercepted and changed for malicious purposes.
- Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF): Wireless Multicast Forwarding (WMF) lets the modem router forward multicast frames to wireless LAN (WLAN) hosts, using unicast addresses. WMF provides robust wireless communication because unicast frames are acknowledged, retried, and dynamically rate-controlled.
- Airtime Fairness (ATF): Airtime Fairness (ATF) ensures that all WiFi clients receive equal time on the network. Network resources are divided by time, so if five WiFi clients are connected to the network, they each get one-fifth of the network time. The advantage of this feature is that the slowest WiFi clients do not control network responsiveness.
802.11ac: The modem router supports the 802.11ac networking standard. This new standard offers better speed, improved reliability, and more range than older WiFi networking standards. The extender is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi a/b/g/n standards. However, to get the benefits of 802.11ac, your WiFi router must support the 802.11ac WiFi networking standard. In comparison, the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard is 3x faster than the older 802.11n WiFi standard.
Beamforming+: Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
NETGEAR Genie App: The NETGEAR Genie App makes getting the most out of your home network fun & easy. The Genie App lets you easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. With the NETGEAR Genie App you can share & stream music or videos, diagnose & repair network issues, set up parental controls & more.
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPhone: compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPad: compatible with iPad (running iOS 6.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for Android: compatible with Android 2.2 or higher
- NETGEAR Genie App for Windows PC: compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
- NETGEAR Genie App for Mac: compatible with Mac OS X
Convenient Content Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is built-in and simple, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing.
- DLNA/UPnP: Find & play your media on DLNA/UPnP compatible TVs & game consoles.
- AirPlay: Share your music to Airplay-compatible devices from the USB hard-drive connected to the router.
- AirPrint: Make any network printer AirPrint compatible and print from your Apple iOS device.
- ReadySHARE USB Access: Wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via the one USB 2.0 port.
- ReadySHARE Printer: Wirelessly access & share a USB printer.
Cloud Storage: Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into the NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you'll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home.
Wired Connections: The modem router provides one coaxial cable connector, four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports, and one USB 2.0 port.
- Coax Connector: The modem router's coax connector plugs into your cable internet service provider's coax cable.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The four RJ-45 GigabitEthernet ports (10/100/1000) with auto-sensing technology let you make a wired connection to local LAN devices, like your computer, game system, smart TV, and Blu-ray player.
- USB Port: The one USB-A 2.0 port lets you connect a USB hard drive, flash drive, or printer to the modem router. USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT16/32, NTFS, or Ext2/3/4. If you attach a USB storage device to the modem router, you can access the storage device from your local network or outside your local network via the internet.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
- Personal FTP Server: With your customized free URL, you can use FTP to access your network when you aren't home through Dynamic DNS.
Browser-Based Installation: Browser-based installation makes setup easy using an Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer/laptop.
Computer Requirements: The NETGEAR AC1900 is compatible with Windows PC (8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked