About the Arlo Q
Wireless indoor security camera with two-way talk
Use the camera's two-way talk function to make sure the kids get their homework done, while you're still at work.
Wireless indoor security camera with two-way talk
Imagine this scenario: you're at work, and you get an alert on your phone. Your Arlo Q security camera has sensed motion in the front hallway, and sent you a push notification. You look at the camera feed and see that your kids are home, so you activate the speaker and microphone on the camera and remind them to do their homework and feed the dog. Then you finish up your workday, secure in the knowledge that everything at home is running smoothly. The wireless Arlo Q offers full-color HD video, motion sensing up to 15 feet away, and remote notification and control. It connects to your existing Wi-Fi network, so you can put one just anywhere you can find an AC outlet inside your home.
When things go *bump* in the night, you don't want to be left guessing about who or what made the noise. The Arlo Q is equipped with and array of sensitive infrared LED lights that can see in the dark up to 25 feet away. If you find you need to get a little closer to determine if it's your dog or a raccoon in the kitchen, use the camera's 8X digital zoom function to make sure.
Wireless connection and cloud storage
Arlo cameras are made by NETGEAR, so they work flawlessly with existing Wi-Fi networks. Your mobile device can get in on the action, too — just download the free app. Arlo offers 7 days of free cloud storage, and an optional 24/7 plan that continuously records footage day and night.
- full-color security camera for indoor use
- resolution: 1080p at 30 fps
- 8X digital zoom
- microphone and speaker allow two-way audio
- low-light vision up to 25 feet away
- motion detector senses movement up to 15 feet away
- 130° field of view
- receive email alerts and push notifications on your compatible mobile device
- free mobile apps for Android™, iOS®, and FireOS
- connects to your home Wi-Fi® network
- operates on 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless bands
- records video to cloud storage
- free basic storage option keeps up to 1GB of video for up to 7 days
- upgraded storage packages, including continuous 24/7 recording, available for a fee
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings home automation system and Apple TV
- plugs into standard AC wall outlet
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 2-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight: 5.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMC3040-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Arlo Q surveillance camera
- 10' USB/power cable (Type A USB on one end and right-angled Micro USB connector on other end)
- AC adapter (DC output: 5V 2A)
- Mounting base
Arlo Q reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Q
Overview: The Arlo Q (VMC3040) is an HD Security Camera with Wi-Fi that has 1080p video, two-way audio, motion and sound detection, and night vision. This compact camera can be placed on a tabletop or mounted to a wall. Unlike the Arlo Wire-Free cameras, the Q requires no base station--it connects directly to your router. The camera comes with a 10' Micro USB cable and an AC adapter.
Video Quality: Arlo Q delivers stunning Full HD 1080p video with sharp detail. With its full color, 4-megapixel CMOS image sensor and 130° wide-angle lens, Arlo Q lets you view entire rooms from corner-to-corner. It has ten 850nm infrared LEDs surrounding the lens to provide Night Vision up to 25 feet in total darkness.
Two-way Audio: The camera is equipped with a microphone and speaker, enabling you to hear what's going on in the room, and communicate with anyone there. When sounds are detected, you will receive alerts on your iOS or Android device.
Setup: You can setup the Arlo Q camera in a matter of minutes. You will need to download the free Arlo app to your computer (Windows, Mac), Apple iOS (7.0 or later), or Android (4.1 and up) device. Once you have set up an Arlo account, simply plug in the camera using the included AC adapter and USB power cable, and connect it to your router via Wi-Fi.
Schedules: The Arlo Q HD security camera operates on a schedule. It is pre-configured for a Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm schedule with motion sensors on. All other times, motion sensors are off. you can add or modify a schedule using your computer or mobile device.
Motion/Audio Detection: When the Arlo Q is armed, motion and audio detection are activated. Using the Arlo app, the sensitivity levels can be adjusted as necessary. You can identify "action zones" within the camera's view where you want the camera to detect motion. When motion or noise is detected, Arlo can start recording, push notifications to your smartphone, and send you email alerts.
Geofencing: Using the Arlo app on your mobile device, you can use geofencing to arm, disarm, or resume a schedule mode when you arrive at or leave a given location.
IFTTT: The Arlo app can be used with If This Then That (IFTTT), which is a free cloud-based service that connects smart home devices and applications. Through IFTTT, you can arm or disarm Arlo when you enter or exit an area. If Arlo detects motion, you can set up IFTTT to call your phone, turn on lights (requires Philips Hue or similar system), or start recording. And you can set up Arlo to turn off during the day and arm at night.
Streaming: You can change the video resolution settings to manage bandwidth. The maximum bandwidth usage when streaming is as follows:
- 1080p: 1500 kbps
- 720p: 700 kbps
- 480p: 300 kbps
- 360p: 200 kbps
- 240p: 100 kbps
Arlo Smart Plans: The Arlo Q Security Camera System comes with the Arlo Basic subscription plan, which includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras and 1 base station can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan. Additional Arlo Smart Plans are available (prices current as of 7/15/19, and subject to change):
- Arlo Smart ($2.99 per camera per month): The Arlo Smart plan lets you expand the Basic plan storage period from 7 to 30 days.
- Arlo Smart Premier ($9.99/mo. or $99/yr.): The Smart Premier plan includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
- Arlo Smart Elite ($14.99/mo. or $149/yr.): The Smart Elite plan includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 15 cameras and 3 base stations. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.
Mounting: The Arlo Q HD Security Camera can be mounted in a variety of ways. It has a flat base that allows it to be placed on a tabletop or shelf. The base has a strong magnetic plate that can attach to any flat steel or iron surface. With the supplied wall-mounting plate, you can mount the camera on the wall. Arlo Q requires AC power, so you must locate the camera within reach of an electrical outlet.
2 questions already asked