About the Arlo Pro Add-on Home Security Camera
Expand your Arlo Pro system (not included) with this add-on camera
Add-on camera for your Arlo Pro system
This add-on camera can be used to extend coverage for your existing Arlo Pro surveillance network. It can be magnetically mounted indoors or out, and it has a powerful rechargeable battery so you can go completely wireless. You'll get clear 720p video, and the camera's LED night vision will even let you see up to 25 feet away in low light. The camera has a wide 130-degree field of view, so you can keep an eye on an entryway or parking lot.
- add-on camera for your Arlo Pro smart home security system
- full-color CMOS image sensor
- rated for indoor/outdoor use
- 130° wide-angle field of view
- resolution: configurable up to 1280 x 720 pixels
- LED night vision illuminates up to 25 feet away
- operating temp. range -4°-113° F
- powered by 2440mAh rechargeable battery (included)
- 1-15/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight: 8.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMC 4030-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Arlo Pro Wi-Fi HD camera (VMC4030)
- A-1 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 2440mAh 17.57Wh)
- Magnetic dome-shaped camera mount
- 2 Self-tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- 79" Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on other end)
- AC adapter with USB output port (DC output: 5V 1.8A or 9V 1.1A)
- Quick Start Guide
- Window sticker (2-sided)
- Safety Rules for Arlo Pro Rechargeable Batteries
Arlo Pro Add-on Home Security Camera reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Pro Add-on Home Security Camera
Overview: The Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera (VMC4030) by Netgear features a full-color CMOS image sensor with a video resolution that is configurable up to 1280 x 720 with H.264 compression. It has a wide-angle lens with a 130° horizontal field of view, and a fixed focus range of 2' to infinity. With its built-in microphone and speaker, you can remotely carry on a two-way conversation with someone at the camera location. It has built-in infrared LEDs that illuminates up to 25 feet in very low light. The Arlo Pro cameras automatically detect movement, send alerts to the Arlo app on your mobile smartphone or tablet, and start recording video. This indoor/outdoor camera can be used in temperatures from -4° to 113°F, and carries an IP65 weatherproof certification.
Arlo Pro Security Camera System: The Arlo Pro camera is an add-on camera to an Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System, which includes an indoor base station with built-in Wi-Fi. You can wirelessly keep an eye on things while you are away using the Arlo app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The camera is not a stand-alone item.
Applications: You can use the Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System to watch over an empty home or business, to monitor your driveway or the entrance to your home, or to safeguard any space in or around the house. The Arlo Pro security system can also keep an eye on the kids after school, pets home alone, sleeping babies, and elderly family members.
Power Requirements: Each camera is powered by a 7.2-volt, 2440mAh rechargeable battery (supplied). The batteries can be charged in the camera when they are connected to the included power adapter via the included Micro USB cable. Charging time is approximately 2.5 hours. When the battery charge is low (less than 15%), an amber LED near the lens will flash once per minute. Battery life is affected by environmental factors (mounting location) and by video quality settings. Typical battery life is approximately 4 to 6 months.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the Arlo Pro wireless camera: 1.931"W x 2.79"H x 3.129"D, Weight: 8.4 ounces (camera w/battery)
Mounting Options: You can place the wireless network cameras on a shelf or other flat surface, or you can mount them to the supplied magnetic wall brackets. When positioning your Arlo Pro camera, keep these tips in mind:
- Position Mode: Use the Arlo app in Position mode to help aim the camera. Position Mode sends video to the cloud as quickly as possible. This allows you to aim the camera while watching the video feed on your Arlo smartphone app to make near real-time adjustments to the camera's position.
- Field Of View: The Arlo Pro cameras have a 130° viewing angle. Position the cameras so that the space that you want to monitor is within the cameras' field of view.
- Elevate Camera: Mount the Arlo Pro motion-detection cameras at least 7' above the floor and aim them slightly down for the best sensor performance.
- Side-To-Side Traffic: For best results, the path of expected motion should cross the cameras' field-of-view and not head directly into or away from the camera. For example, if you want to detect motion near a couch, place the camera to the side of the couch, rather than above it or opposite it. You can use the Motion Detection Test feature to verify if motion can be detected in a camera's current placement.
Arlo Smart Plans: The Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System comes with the Arlo Basic subscription plan, which includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras and 1 base station can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan. Additional Arlo Smart Plans are available (prices current as of 7/15/19, and subject to change):
- Arlo Smart ($2.99 per camera per month): The Arlo Smart plan lets you expand the Basic plan storage period from 7 to 30 days.
- Arlo Smart Premier ($9.99/mo. or $99/yr.): The Smart Premier plan includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
- Arlo Smart Elite ($14.99/mo. or $149/yr.): The Smart Elite plan includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 15 cameras and 3 base stations. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.