About the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
Modem, router and Voice communication hub
Modem, router and Voice communication hub
We always recommend that you buy your own modem and router, so you can make sure you're getting the fastest Wi-Fi speeds possible, and to avoid monthly cable company rental fees. This NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk offers 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band, and 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band, but it doesn't stop there. You also get two telephone lines that are compatible with Xfinity's Voice service, so you can use it for three-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more. (This modem/router works for Comcast XFINITY customers only.)
Beamforming+ makes it better
Beamforming+ uses two-way communication between the router and your phone or tablet to help "aim" Wi-Fi where it's needed most. That improves range, speed, and reliability as various different devices throughout your home access the internet during your busy day.
Tough network security
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers WPA/WPA2 encryption. This router also offers double firewall protection and a stiff defense against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. If you have kids in the house, parental controls let you decide which parts of the internet they're allowed to visit.
- AC1900 Nighthawk cable modem and wireless router for Comcast XFINITY internet and voice (model C7100V)
- for Comcast XFINITY customers only
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- supports two XFINITY Voice telephone lines with battery backup
- 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more
- DLNA capable for movie, photo, and music access with compatible devices
- high-performance 1.6GHz combined processor
- channel bonding for fast download and upload speeds
- 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels
- includes Beamforming+ for more reliable wireless connections
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- CableLabs® certified to work as a modem for Comcast XFINITY and Time Warner Cable® Internet services
- use the NETGEAR genie® app to monitor, control, and repair your home network
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- eliminates monthly cable modem rental fees
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- dual USB 2.0 ports to wirelessly access and share USB hard drives or printers
- two RJ-11 telephone ports
- coaxial input for cable Internet service
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK) and WEP
- double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention
- separate and secure guest network access
- easy Push 'N' Connect push-button Wi-Fi setup (WPS)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 3-9/16"W x 10-3/16" H x 10-13/16" D
- weight: 2.83 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C7100V-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem/WiFi router (for Comcast Xfinity only)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' Ethernet cable
- 5' Telephone cable
- Quick Start Guide
NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR AC1900 Nighthawk™
AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router: The NETGEAR Nighthawk C7100V is CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 three-in-one high-speed cable modem and AC1900 WiFi router with XFINITY Voice. This cable modem router gives you high-speed Internet connection with combined speeds of up to 1.9Gbps with AC19000 WiFi. It also supports two XFINITY Voice telephone lines with battery backup. Enhanced features include 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more. It's ideal for XFINITY Internet and Voice service - saving you up to $120 a year by eliminating Internet service provider rental fees.
Note: Before installing the NETGEAR C7100V, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
ISP Compatibility: The AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router is only compatible with Comcast XFINITY Internet and Voice services. You should setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY's self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certified: The NETGEAR AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.0 is 16x faster than 2.0 devices.
XFINITY Voice Compatible: The NETGEAR C7100V supports two XFINITY Voice telephone lines with enhanced call features like 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more. The C7100V is compatible with wired phones and cordless DECT phones. The C7100V does not have DECT hardware installed; you must have a DECT base station and phone to use it with the C7100V. If you want to use a VoIP phone with your C7100V, your C7100V must always be connected to a power source (you can purchase a backup battery in case of a power outage).
Powerful 1.6GHz Processor with 24x8 Channel Bonding: Its powerful 1.6GHz combined processor supports 24 download & 8 upstream channels simultaneously for efficient and reliable Internet access. You get up to 960Mbps download speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
802.11ac: The modem router supports the 802.11ac networking standard. This new standard offers better speed, improved reliability, and more range than older WiFi networking standards. The extender is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi a/b/g/n standards. However, to get the benefits of 802.11ac, your WiFi router must support the 802.11ac WiFi networking standard. In comparison, the latest 802.11ac WiFi standard is 3x faster than the older 802.11n WiFi standard.
Beamforming+: Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
NETGEAR Genie App: The NETGEAR Genie App makes getting the most out of your home network fun & easy. The Genie App lets you easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a Windows PC, Mac computer/laptop, Apple iOS device, or Android smartphone/tablet. With the NETGEAR Genie App you can share & stream music or videos, diagnose & repair network issues, set up parental controls & more.
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPhone: compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (running iOS 8.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for iPad: compatible with iPad (running iOS 8.0+)
- NETGEAR Genie App for Android: compatible with Android 4.2 or higher
- NETGEAR Genie App for Windows PC: compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
- NETGEAR Genie App for Mac: compatible with Mac OS X
Convenient Content Sharing: With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is built-in and simple, anything from accessing stored photos & music to wireless printing. DLNA allows you to stream media files between DLNA compatible devices over the network. ReadyShare lets you wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via the C7100V's built-in USB 2.0 ports, plus access and share a USB printer.
Wired Connections: The WiFi cable modem router provides one coaxial cable connector, four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports, and dual USB-A 2.0 ports.
- Coax Connector: The modem router's coax connector plugs into your cable internet service provider's coax cable.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The four RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000) with auto-sensing technology let you make a wired connection to local LAN devices, like your computer, game system, smart TV, and Blu-ray player.
- Dual Telephone Ports: There are two RJ-11 jacks to connect Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone lines.
- Dual USB Ports: The two USB-A 2.0 ports let you connect a USB hard drive, flash drive, or printer to the modem router. USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT16/32, NTFS, or Ext2/3/4. If you attach a USB storage device to the modem router, you can access the storage device from your local network or outside your local network via the internet.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
Simple Setup: NETGEAR makes installation and management fast & simple, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way. The router offers a built-in Setup Wizard for computer setup, an Apple & Google Play app for Apple iOS & Android setup, plus a WPS push-button setup.
Computer Requirements: The NETGEAR C7100V is compatible with Windows PC (8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The included 6.5' detachable AC power cord will need to be plugged into the back of the NETGEAR C7100V and an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked