About the NETGEAR Orbi Cable Modem/Router (CBR750)
A cable modem and Orbi router in one module
A cable modem and Orbi router in one module
The NETGEAR Orbi CBR750 has a cable modem built-in, so it can connect to your service provider's network directly, and generate up to 3,000 feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 for your home. The modem is certified to work with Comcast XFINITY® Spectrum®, COX® and other major U.S. cable service providers. And if you need more coverage, you can add one or more Orbi satellites (not included) to create a seamless whole-home mesh network.
Multiple streams, no waiting
MU-MIMO (multi-user, multi-input, multi-output) allows simultaneous streaming to multiple devices, so everyone in a large home can have glitch-free access to the internet at the same time. Each stream takes on a portion of your home's overall wireless traffic, reducing or eliminating lag and buffering, for smoother, faster performance with streaming devices.
This satellite offers 128-bit AES encryption with PSK. And built-in NETGEAR Armor™ (subscription required) provides anti-virus and data theft protection for your PC, Mac® and mobile devices. Security features can be accessed via the convenient Orbi app.
- tri-band Orbi router covers up to 3,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 (AX4200)
- built-in DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem supports cable internet speeds up to 10Gbps
- certified to work with Comcast XFINITY® Spectrum®, COX® and more
- add one or more Orbi satellites (not included) to create a whole-home mesh network
- tri-band AX4200 Wi-Fi (600 + 1200 + 2400 Mbps)
- up to 600 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 1,200 Mbps on first 5GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on second 5GHz band — dedicated band for communication between router and satellite
- 6 amplified, high-performance internal antennas
- powerful quad-core 1.4GHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- easy setup and network management via free NETGEAR Orbi app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- security features:
- WPA, WPA2 and WPA3 with double firewall protection
- 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- NETGEAR Armor™ (subscription required) provides anti-virus & data theft protection for your PC, Mac® and mobile devices
- 1 coaxial port for connecting to your service provider and 4 LAN ports for connecting downstream devices
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-3/4"W x 9-7/8"H x 4-5/8"D
- weight: 3.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CBR750-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem/WiFi 6 router
- AC Power supply w/attached 6' DC cord (19VDC/3.16A output)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- Quickstart guide
- NETGEAR Contact information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Orbi Cable Modem/Router (CBR750) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi Cable Modem/Router (CBR750)
WiFi Cable Modem Router: NETGEAR's CBR750 (AX4200) WiFi Cable Modem Router combines a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem and WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Mesh router in one device, so you can connect to your cable internet service provider and other network devices in your home without having to connect a separate router or gateway. The NETGEAR CBR750 is certified by most major cable Internet providers in the US. The WiFi cable modem router saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your cable internet service provider.
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The CBR750 WiFi Cable Modem Router is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers; like XFINITY, Spectrum, Cox, and Comcast. The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
- Not compatible with Verizon Fios, AT&T, Cable bundled voice services, or fiber internet services.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Certified: DOCSIS 3.1 offers a huge jump in download and upload internet speeds, supporting up to 10 Gbps download and 1 Gbps upload speeds (with 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels). Since the technology is backwards compatible, upgrading to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem means you'll still enjoy your current internet service and be ready for the fastest speeds available in your area when your service provider upgrades to DOCSIS 3.1.
Note: Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
Powerful Quad-Core Processor: A 1.4GhHz quad-core processor provides reliable internet access, as well as efficiently handles wired and wireless network traffic for streaming Ultra-HD videos, listening to Hi-Res music, high-speed online gaming, and faster downloads.
Tri-Band WiFi: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi bands that work simultaneously. Simultaneous dual band WiFi technology reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices with fast download speeds up to 4.2Gbps.
- 5GHz (ax): 802.11 a/n/ac/ax, 1024 QAM support, up to 2.4Gbps
- 5GHz (ax): 802.11 a/n/ac/ax, 1024 QAM support, up to 1.2Gbps
- 2.4GHz (ax): 802.11 b/g/n/ax, 1024 QAM support, up to 600Mbps
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): The NETGEAR CBR750 offers the latest generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology, providing greater capacity to handle more devices on your network and speeds up to 6.0Gbps, ensuring that you can enjoy blazing fast Internet connections on all your devices. WiFi 6 is the latest generation of WiFi that delivers 4x better performance than WiFi 5 (802.11ac)for a huge boost in speed and total capacity. This new standard of WiFi is designed to support more devices with better reliability and faster speeds. WiFi 6 is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi generation devices (including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac).
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- OFDMA with Intelligent Scheduling: Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network. This increased or available bandwidth allows you to add more devices to your network. The CBR750 supports uplink and downlink OFDMA to efficiently use air-time with better frequency reuse, reduced latency, and increased network efficiency. This is extremely useful for latency sensitive applications such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and Internet of things (IoT) sensors.
- Beamforming+ (Explicit & Implicit): Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ (Explicit), the router actively tracks connected devices and directs power to the router antenna closest to the client device. With Beamforming+ (Implicit), the router can use information from client devices that support Implicit Beamforming for even greater WiFi speed, reliability, and range.
Wired Connections: The CBR750 modem router provides one coaxial cable connector to connect to your ISP and four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect local network devices.
- Coax Connector: The modem router's coax connector plugs into your cable internet service provider's coax cable.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The four RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000) with auto-sensing technology let you make a wired connection to local LAN devices, like your computer, game system, smart TV, and Blu-ray player. The CBR750 supports port aggregation so you can combine two ports for faster LAN transfer.
Antennas: The CBR750 features six internal antennas with high-power amplifiers, providing up to 3000' of WiFi coverage.
Orbi App: The Orbi App (for Apple iOS 13.0+ &Android OS 5.0+) makes it easy and intuitive to setup and use the NETGEAR CBR750 Cable Modem Router. With the Orbi app, you can install your router using very few steps - just connect your mobile device to the default network, and the app will walk you through the rest. The app automatically updates the router to the latest firmware, allows you to personalize your WiFi network, and even help register your router with NETGEAR. At the end of installation, an easy to use overview screen provides quick way to see what your network credentials are so you don't have to write it down on a piece of paper. The overview screen also shows you all connected devices and links you to helpful support information related to your router.
Notes: You can still use web-based installation wizard to install the CBR750 by visiting from your mobile device or a PC connected to the cable modem router.
High Security: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- NETGEAR Armor: NETGEAR Armor is a subscription-based security service that's powered by Bitdefender, a global leader in cybersecurity. NETGEAR Armor protects your home network from potential cyber threats and provides complete data protection, advanced threat defense, parental control, webcam protection, multi-layer ransomware protection, anti-phishing, safe files, secure browsing, rescue mode, anti-fraud, and anti-theft. NETGEAR Armor provides you with multiple performance and privacy tools that can be viewed and configured on PC, Mac OS, iOS, and Android devices.
Note: NETGEAR Armor requires a paid subscription after the initial 30-day free trial period.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK, and WPA3 security with Double firewall protection (SPI/NAT firewall) and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): Provides secure access to your home network while you're away from home.
AC Power Adapter: The NETGEAR CBR750 includes an AC power adapter (12VDC/3.5A output) that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Mounting Options: The CBR750 can simply be placed on a flat-surface table-top. It does not support wall-mounting.
2 questions already asked