About the NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem
Fast internet and clear telephone calls
Fast internet and clear telephone calls
This advanced NETGEAR Nighthawk® cable modem offers speedy internet access and clear telephone calls with your Xfinity® Voice subscription plan. It's built around DOCSIS® 3.1 technology that's up to 10 times faster than the previous standard. It's most likely more powerful and reliable than the modem you're renting from your cable company, and it pays for itself and saves you money over the long term.
It delivers true multi-gig internet speeds with link aggregation support, which lets you connect the modem's two Ethernet ports to a compatible router. The two ports form a single, faster logical link — perfect for a blazing-fast router like the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8.
The modem features four Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting routers, streaming boxes, computers, and similar devices. There are also two dedicated ports for connecting telephones. A required Xfinity Voice service plan provides excellent call clarity and handy enhanced features like caller ID, three-way conference calling, call forwarding and more.
- delivers Gigabit speed cable internet and excellent call clarity
- enhanced call features: three-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more
- requires XFINITY® from Comcast Voice service plan
- up to 10 Gbps download and 1 Gbps upload speed
- meets DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- handy on/off switch makes resetting your modem easier
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect to a router, computer or similar device
- two dedicated telephone ports
- coaxial input for cable internet service
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-7/16"W x 10-5/16"H x 6-1/8"D
- weight: 1.33 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM1150V-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Ultra-high speed cable modem
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- 5' Telephone cable
- Quick Start Guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem
XFINITY Intrnet & Voice Cable Modem: The NETGEAR Nighthawk Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY Internet & Voice (CM1150V) delivers gigabit speed cable internet and the best call clarity. This high-performance DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem supports all of today's internet service plans and is designed for the fastest internet speed tiers in near future. CM1150V includes two telephones ports that automatically prioritize voice over internet for clear and uninterrupted calls. Enhanced call features include 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more. The NETGEAR CM1150V will save you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your Internet provider.
- Before connecting the CM1150V to your router and the Internet, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP); in this case XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) or go to the XFINITY webpage (xfinity.com/activate).
- The NETGEAR CM1150V will replace your existing cable modem. However, you will still need a network router (the CM1150V is not an all-in-one cable modem/network router.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Certified: DOCSIS 3.1 offers a huge jump in download and upload internet speeds, supporting up to 10 Gbps download and 1 Gbps upload speeds (with 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels). Since the technology is backwards compatible, upgrading to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem means you’ll still enjoy your current internet service and be ready for the fastest speeds available in your area when your service provider upgrades to DOCSIS 3.1.
Note: Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
Coaxial Cable Connector: The CM1150V cable modem is fitted with a coaxial cable connector which plugs into your Internet Service Provider's (XFINITY) coaxial cable and wall outlet (coax cable not included).
4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Aggregation Support: Use an Ethernet cable to connect the CM1150V cable modem Ethernet ports to WAN port of your existing WiFi router, WiFi System or directly to your computer and get high-speed connectivity for all your devices. Aggregate two (2) LAN ports to double maximum wired speeds (compatible WiFi router like the Nighthawk AX8 - sold separately).
Dual Telephone Ports: With two integrated telephone lines and support for enhanced calling features such as 3-way conferencing, caller ID, call forwarding and more, the C1150V is an ideal choice for a home office. It works with all Internet speed tiers with voice plans.
Computer Requirements: During installation and activation, you must connect the CM1150V cable modem directly to your Windows PC or Mac computer via the included Ethernet cable. The CM1150V is compatible with Windows PC (10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
- To install your cable modem, use Ethernet port 1.Your cable modem comes with plugs that cover Ethernet ports 2, 3 and 4. These ports can be used to connect a router that supports Ethernet port aggregation
- After you install the cable modem and activate your Internet service, you can disconnect the computer and connect a router to the cable modem.
AC Power Adapter: The NETGEAR CM1150V comes with an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).