About the NETGEAR CM1200 Nighthawk®
Speed up your internet access
Speed up your internet access
A high-speed modem is crucial for getting the most out of a high-speed internet plan from your service provider. The NETGEAR CM1200 delivers super-fast Gigabit internet speeds, which can help you stream 4K video with no hiccups. There are four Ethernet ports on the back for link aggregation (with a compatible router) or for multiple WAN addressing. Best of all, it can save you money — owning your own modem eliminates the monthly equipment charge on your cable bill.
Keep the data flowing with a super-fast router, too
For fast, reliable Wi-Fi®, consider picking up a wireless router to go along with your new modem. Your home's wireless network is only as speedy as its slowest part!
- 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels; supports Gigabit download speeds
- 2x2 OFDM(A) for reduced channel interference
- meets DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- browser-based installation for easy setup using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes network traffic for a smooth connection
- compatible with Cox®, Comcast XFINITY® and Time Warner Cable® internet services
- convenient on/off switch makes it easy to reset your router
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- four Ethernet ports on the back for link aggregation (with a compatible Wi-Fi® router) or for multiple WAN addressing
- coaxial input for cable internet service
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-7/16"W x 10-5/16"H x 6-1/8"D
- weight: 1.22 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM1200-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem
- AC power adapter w/ attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/1.5A output)
- 57" Ethernet cable
- Quickstart guide
- Extended warranty information
- NETGEAR Contact information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR CM1200 Nighthawk®
High Speed Cable Modem: The NETGEAR CM1200 Ultra Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with Multi-Gig speeds up to 2Gbps (port-aggregated). The cable modem is certified by most major cable Internet providers in the US. Four Gigabit Ethernet ports provides fast access and downloads. The NETGEAR CM1200 saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your Internet provider.
Note: Before connecting the CM1200 to your router and the Internet, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The CM1200 is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers; like Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision & more (up to Ultimate 300 plans). The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Certified: The NETGEAR CM1200 Ultra Speed Cable Modem is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.1 is 10x faster than 3.0 devices.
2Gbps Download Speed: The CM1200 cable modem supports up to 2Gbps with 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels to provide efficient and reliable access to any of your provider's fastest cable Internet speed tiers. Whether you're simply surfing the web or streaming multiple HD videos simultaneously, you'll stay connected with speed and reliability.
- Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
- Internet speeds over 1Gbps requires port-aggregation to a compatible router or computer.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The CM1200 cable modem features four RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000) for initial setup using your Windows PC or Mac computer, and permanent wired connection with your router and other devices. LAN ports 1 and 2 can be aggregated to a compatible router or computer for Internet speeds over 1Gbps.
Coaxial Cable Connector: The CM1200 cable modem is fitted with a coaxial cable connector which plugs into your Internet Service Provider's coaxial cable and wall outlet (coax cable not included).
Computer Requirements: During installation and activation, you must connect the CM1200 cable modem directly to your Windows PC or Mac computer via the included Ethernet cable. The CM1200 is compatible with Windows PC (10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.