About the NETGEAR CM2000 Nighthawk®
Fast internet access with no rental fee
Fast internet access with no rental fee
This modem makes the most out of a high-speed cable internet connection, which is crucial for a modern household with multiple online devices. And it can save you money in the long run, by doing away with the monthly equipment rental charge on your cable bill. The NETGEAR CM2000 can handle blazing-fast speeds up to 2.5 Gbps, plenty fast enough to keep you streaming 4K Ultra HD video with no hiccups.
Keep the data flowing with a super-fast router, too
For fast, reliable Wi-Fi®, consider picking up a wireless router to go along with your new modem. Your home's wireless network is only as speedy as its slowest part!
- 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels; supports download speeds up to 2.5 Gbps
- 2x2 OFDM(A) for reduced channel interference
- meets DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- browser-based installation for easy setup using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes network traffic for a smooth connection
- compatible with Cox®, Comcast XFINITY® and Time Warner Cable® internet services
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- one 10/100/1000 2.5 Gigabit LAN Ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi® router
- coaxial input for cable internet service
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-3/4"W x 8-1/4"H x 6-13/16"D
- weight: 1.02 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM2000-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem
- AC power adapter w/ attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/1.5A output)
- 57" Ethernet cable
- Quickstart guide
- Extended warranty information
- NETGEAR Contact information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR CM2000 Nighthawk® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR CM2000 Nighthawk®
High Speed Cable Modem: The NETGEAR CM2000 Ultra Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with Multi-Gig speeds up to 2.5Gbps. The cable modem is certified by most major cable Internet providers in the US. A single Gigabit Ethernet port provides fast access and downloads. The NETGEAR CM2000 saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your Internet provider.
Note: Before connecting the CM2000 to your router and the Internet, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The CM2000 is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers; like Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision & more (up to Ultimate 300 plans). The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Certified: The NETGEAR CM2000 Ultra Speed Cable Modem is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.1 is 10x faster than 3.0 devices.
2.5Gbps Download Speed: The CM2000 cable modem supports up to 2.5Gbps with 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels to provide efficient and reliable access to any of your provider's fastest cable Internet speed tiers. Two OFDM downstream channels and two OFDMA upstream channels provide lower channel interference. Whether you're simply surfing the web or streaming multiple HD videos simultaneously, you'll stay connected with speed and reliability.
Note: Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The CM2000 cable modem features a single RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port (10/100/1000) for initial setup using your Windows PC or Mac computer, and permanent wired connection with your router and other devices.
Coaxial Cable Connector: The CM2000 cable modem is fitted with a coaxial cable connector which plugs into your Internet Service Provider's coaxial cable and wall outlet (coax cable not included).
Computer Requirements: During installation and activation, you must connect the CM2000 cable modem directly to your Windows PC or Mac computer via the included Ethernet cable. The CM2000 is compatible with Windows PC (10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.