About the NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem
Speedy internet plus clear telephone calls
Speedy internet plus clear telephone calls
This advanced NETGEAR Nighthawk® cable modem offers speedy internet access and is compatible with your Xfinity® Voice plan for clear telephone calls. It's built around DOCSIS® 3.1 technology that's up to 10 times faster than the previous standard. It's probably more powerful and reliable than the modem you're renting from your cable company, and owning it saves you money over the long term.
The modem features a Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to your router, plus two dedicated ports for connecting telephones. A required Xfinity Voice service plan provides excellent call clarity and handy enhanced features like caller ID, three-way conference calling, call forwarding and more.
- delivers cable internet speeds up to 2.5 Gbps plus excellent call clarity
- enhanced call features: three-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding, and more
- requires XFINITY® from Comcast Voice service plan
- 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels
- meets DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable, and quick start guide
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
- 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to a router, computer, or similar device
- two dedicated telephone ports
- coaxial input for cable internet service
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-11/16"W x 8-1/4"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 1.09 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM2050V-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem
- AC power adapter w/ attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/2.5A output)
- 57" Ethernet cable
- 5' Telephone cable
- Quickstart guide
- Extended warranty information
- NETGEAR Contact information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem
High Speed Cable Modem: The NETGEAR CM2050V Ultra Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with Multi-Gig speeds up to 2.5Gbps. The cable modem is designed to work with XFINITY from Comcast Voice Plans and includes two telephone ports that automatically prioritize voice over internet for optimal call clarity. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides fast access and downloads. The NETGEAR CM2050V saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your Internet provider.
- The NETGEAR CM2050V does not include a WiFi router.
- Before connecting the CM2050V to your router and the Internet, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The CM2050V is only compatible with XFINITY from Comcast Voice Plans and is not compatible with Verizon, Fios, AT&T, and fiber internet services.
XFINITY from Comcast Internet and Phone Service: The CM2050V supports XFINITY from Comcast Double and Triple Plans with Voice Service (sold separately). Two RJ-11 telephone ports on the cable modem automatically prioritize voice over internet, providing the best call clarity. Telephone Port #1 is used for your main phone line, while Telephone Port #2 is used for a two-phone-line subscription only. The CM2050V supports IPv6 next generation Internet addressing.
- You must contact Comcast XFINITY Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact Comcast XFINITY, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- You can set up Comcast XFINITY Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
- Not compatible with other cable voice services.
DOCSIS 3.1 Certified: The NETGEAR CM2050V Ultra Speed Cable Modem is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.1 supports up to 2.5x faster speeds than DOCSIS 3.0 devices.
2.5Gbps Internet Speed: The CM2050V cable modem supports up to 2.5Gbps Internet speed with 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels to provide efficient and reliable access to any of your provider's fastest cable Internet speed tiers. Whether you're simply surfing the web or streaming multiple HD videos simultaneously, you'll stay connected with speed and reliability.
Note: Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.1 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
Gigabit Ethernet Port: The CM2050V cable modem features a single RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port (2.5Gbps) for initial setup using your Windows PC or Mac computer, and a permanent wired connection with your router and other devices.
Note: In order to take advantage of full Gigabit wireless speeds, your connected wireless router must feature a Gigabit WAN port.
Coaxial Cable Connector: The CM2050V cable modem is fitted with a coaxial cable connector which plugs into your Internet Service Provider's coaxial cable and wall outlet (coax cable not included).
Computer Requirements: During installation and activation, you must connect the CM2050V cable modem directly to your Windows PC or Mac computer via the included Ethernet cable. The CM2050V is compatible with Windows PC (10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi Gig Speed Cable Modem replaces these items
- for Comcast XFINITY customers only
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- 3-way conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding and more