About the NETGEAR CM500
Save money every month
Save money every month
If you're renting a modem from your cable company and want to stop paying a monthly fee just to use their modem, check out the CM500. It is packed with useful features to connect your home to the internet. Even better, it's super easy to setup. There aren't any CDs to install, or any software to download. Simply follow the included directions and use your computer, smartphone, or tablet's browser to get your new modem up and running. For fast, reliable Wi-Fi® consider picking up a wireless router to go along with your new modem.
We're here to help
Every Crutchfield purchase comes with free lifetime technical support. Our Virginia-based technicians are here seven days a week to answer any questions that may come up when installing your new CM500.
- CM500 high-speed cable modem
- 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels provide fast download and upload speeds
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- features Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- CableLabs® certified to work with Comcast XFINITY® and Time Warner Cable® Internet services
- use the NETGEAR genie® app to monitor, control, and repair your home network
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
- one 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi® router
- coaxial input for cable Internet service
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 4-15/16"W x 7-5/16" H x 2-3/8" D
- weight: 9.92 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM500-100NAS
What's in the box:
- High-speed cable modem
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
NETGEAR CM500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR CM500
High Speed Cable Modem: The NETGEAR CM500 High Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with speeds up to 680 Mbps. The cable modem is certified by most major cable Internet providers in the US. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides fast access and downloads. The NETGEAR CM500 saves you money over time by owning your cable equipment and avoiding monthly rental charges from your Internet provider.
Note: Before connecting the CM500 to your router and the Internet, you will need to configure it through your computer and call your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
US Cable Internet Service Provider Compatibility: The CM500 is compatible with most major US cable internet service providers; like Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision & more (up to Ultimate 300 plans). The cable modem supports the assignment of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by cable Internet providers. Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and tell them that you are using the cable modem. Before you connect the cable modem and contact your cable Internet provider, collect your cable account number, account phone number, and login information (your email address or user name and password).
- If Comcast XFINITY is your cable Internet provider, setup Internet service by using Comcast XFINITY self-activation process. If you are unable to self-activate your modem router, call Comcast XFINITY customer service.
CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 Certified: The NETGEAR CM500 High-Speed Cable Modem is designed to meet DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 networks. DOCSIS 3.0 is 16-times faster than 2.0 devices.
680Mbps Download/132MBps Upload Speed: You get up to 680Mbps download and 132Mbps upload 4k streaming speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming. 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels provide efficient and reliable Internet access.
Note: Maximum speed is derived from DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and actual throughput varies depending on your Internet subscription with your provider.
Gigabit Ethernet Port: The CM500 cable modem features an RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port (10/100/1000) for initial setup using your Windows PC or Mac computer, and permanent wired connection with your router.
Coaxial Cable Connector: The CM500 cable modem is fitted with a coaxial cable connector which plugs into your Internet Service Provider's coaxial cable and wall outlet (coax cable not included).
Computer Requirements: During installation and activation, you must connect the CM500 cable modem directly to your Windows PC or Mac computer via the included Ethernet cable. The CM500 is compatible with Windows PC (8/7/Vista/XP/2000) and Mac computers (OS X). It also supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked