About the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8
Add range to your existing Wi-Fi 6 router
Add range to your existing Wi-Fi 6 router
If your existing Wi-Fi 6 router doesn't quite reach every corner of your home, or if you've moved into a larger living space, the AX8 mesh extender can help. It lets you add coverage and continue using the same SSID network name for seamless connectivity as you roam around the house.
Wi-Fi 6 offers speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps, up to four times faster than the earlier Wi-Fi 5 protocol can deliver. Features built into this new version of Wi-Fi eliminate interference from other nearby networks for improved performance while streaming high-res content or gaming online.
More wired connections
The AX8 provides four Ethernet LAN (local area network) ports so you can directly connect devices like 4K TVs, gaming consoles or home automation control hubs, ensuring top speed through the wired connection. There's also a USB 3.0 port so you can plug in an external drive and quickly share stored videos, pictures, and music files to your network.
- desktop 802.11ax dual-band Gigabit wireless range extender
- extends Wi-Fi signals from existing routers for better range
- Wi-Fi 6 provides up to 1.8 Gbps speed for streaming, gaming and internet surfing
- 8-stream AX6000 Wi-Fi
- 2.5 GHz x 4 @ 1.2 Gbps
- 5 GHz x 4 @ 4.8 Gbps
- six high-performance internal antennas
- 64-bit/1.8GHz dual-core processor for maximum Wi-Fi performance
- four 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- USB 3.0 port allows remote access to connected drive
- 4 stream MU-MIMO enables simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- Push 'N' Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS)
- security: 128-bit AES encryption with PSK and WEP
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-1/4"W x 10"H x 7-3/4"D (vertical orientation)
- weight: 1.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EAX80-100NAS
What's in the box:
- WiFi mesh extender
- AC power adapter (attached 6' DC cord)
- Quick Start Guide
- GNU General Public License
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8
8-Stream WiFi 6 Mesh Extender: The NETGEAR Nighthawk EAX80 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender is built for delivering maximum capacity, maximum speed and more coverage. The EAX80 is ideal for large homes with up to 6 bedrooms. You'll enjoy a better connected home experience with extended and faster WiFi througout your home (up to 6Gbps). The extender's 8-streams of WiFi will provide more available bandwidth and less congestion for all your devices on the WiFi network. Your extended WiFi experience will deliver smooth streaming of ultra HD content on your new smart TV, music for your WiFi connected speakers, and fast online game play throughout your home.
- Seamless WiFi: The Nighthawk EAX80 Extender creates a seamless network throughout your home by using the same WiFi network name (SSID) as your router. Your WiFi devices like your smartphones, tablets, and laptops will remain connected to the same network name without disconnect and reconnect as you move around your house and yard.
- Smart Roaming: Smart Roaming intelligently connects your mobile devices to the optimal WiFi for 4K streaming, surfing and more. Now you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming on YouTube or Netflix, even as you move around the house. Smart Roaming is designed for devices that support the 802.11k standard.
- The EAX80 extender is compatible with any WiFi router, but delivers its best mesh performance with a Nighthawk WiFi 6 router (sold separately).
- The EAX80 is only a WiFi Mesh Extender; you still need a cable or DSL modem and WiFi router.
Powerful Processor & Antennas: The Nighawk EAX80 WiFi 6 Mesh Extender features a 64-bit/1.8GHz dual-core processor to ensure smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming. It also employs four powerful internal antennas to help extend WiFi signals to where your WiFi router cannot reach.
Nighthawk App: The NETGEAR Nighthawk App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) makes it easy to set up the extender from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. With the app you can install your extender in a few steps; just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once setup is complete, you can use the app's intuitive dashboard to pause the Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup smart parental controls and much more.
WiFi 6: The NETGEAR Nighthawk EAX80 Mesh Extender supports the latest generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard. WiFi 6 delivers the fastest WiFi speed s with up to 4x greater network capacity than WiFi 5, allowing you to connect more devices to your WiFi network. WiFi is also backward compatible with previous WiFi generations (a/b/g/n/ac) and will work with all your existing internet-connected devices.
Dual Band WiFi:. Support for dual 2.4/5GHz WiFi simultaneously doubles the available bandwidth and provide a reliable, dedicated WiFi network for smooth online streaming and gaming without any network congestion.
- Band 1: 1.2Gbps @ 2.4GHz
- Band 2: 4.8Gbps @ 5GHz
4X4 MU-MIMO: Using 4X4 MU-MIMO technology, the NETGEAR extender can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. Quad Stream on both WiFi bands gives you the fastest WiFi speeds combined with MU-MIMO capability allows you to simultaneously stream to multiple devices at the same time. Thanks to Quad Stream, up to four data streams per WiFi band maximizes connection speed. 8 WiFi streams (four in the 2.4GHz band and four in the 5GHz band) offer 4x the device capacity as compared to typical 2x2 AC WiFi. More WiFi streams per band greatly increases the amount of data the router sends to and receives from devices because more bandwidth is available and there is less congestion for all the devices on the network. With reliable connections to all connected devices, now more devices than ever before can simultaneously be on your network.
Note: Your WiFi router must also support 4X4 MU-MIMO.
OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access): The Nighthawk EAX80 uses OFDMA to direct WiFi traffic much more efficiently, increasing network capacity even when multiple devices are connected to the network. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network. This increased or available bandwidth allows you to add more devices to your network. The EAX80 supports uplink and downlink OFDMA to efficiently use air-time with better frequency reuse, reduced latency, and increased network efficiency. This is extremely useful for latency sensitive applications such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and Internet of things (IoT) sensors.
4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: An extender like the EAX80 is a great choice if you need more Ethernet ports to connect more network-ready wired devices throughout your home and don't want to run wires. The EAX80 extender includes four Gigabit Ethernet (RJ4) LAN ports with auto-sensing technology.
USB 3.0 Port: The Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 is equipped with a USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is up to 10x faster than USB 2.0. The USB 3.0 port on the extender can be used to connect only USB storage devices such as flash drives, hard drives, or a printer. Do not connect computers, USB modems, CD drives, or DVD drives to the extender's USB port.
Security Options: The Nighthawk EAX80 extender offers WPS & Web Browser setup. Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security. You can also use WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the extender to your WiFi router without typing your existing router's WiFi network name (SSID) or WiFi password.
Note: Not compatible with WPA Enterprise or WPA2 Enterprise security profiles.
AC Power Adapter: The Nighthawk EAX80 includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Mounting Options: The NETGEAR Nighthawk EAX80 can simply be placed on a flat-surface table-top. It cannot be wall-mounted.
Firmware Updates: Automatic firmware updates are done through the Nighthawk app. Click here for the latest firmware & software updates from NETGEAR.