About the NETGEAR GS348PP
Ethernet and PoE+ for a large venue
The NETGEAR GS348PP provides reliable network connectivity and PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) for large offices. It features 48 Ethernet ports, half of which provide PoE+ support — with a total power budget of 380 watts — for powering connected devices. PoE+ carries data and power to compatible security cameras and other smart home components, so you don't have to run a separate power cable for those devices.
- 48 total Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 24 PoE+ ports provide power and data to compatible equipment (380 watts)
- up to 30 watts per device
- automatically balances PoE power based on requirements of connected devices
- easy plug-and-play setup, configuration, and management
- rubber feet for desktop mounting and rack mounting kit included
- two internal cooling fans
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-5/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 12-1/4"D
- weight: 10.05 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS348PP-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 4 Screws (star and flat washers attached)
- 8 Machine screws
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Installation Guide
- "Read Me First" note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR GS348PP
SOHO Ethernet Switch: The NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS348PP) provide easy and affordable network connectivity to small offices and home/offices. It is easy to use, reliable, and rugged with metal enclosures. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support is also available for supplying both power and data across a single CAT-5 ethernet cable to devices such as IP security cameras, VoIP phones, wireless access points, etc. With the SOHO Ethernet Switch you can quickly and easily expand your network connections to multiple devices, with no configuration required.
48 Gigabit Ports: The NETGEAR GS348PP Switch is outfitted with 48 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) ports. It offers auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device, while support for auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables. Its non-blocking switching architecture delivers maximum throughput at wire speed. Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network.
PoE+ (Power-Over-Ethernet): The GS348PP provides PoE+ or PoE power on ports 1-24 and up to 30W to each port, with a PoE power budget of 380W across all active PoE ports. Power-Over-Ethernet can be used for IP cameras, VoIP/Internet-based phones, wireless access points, and other PoE compatible devices. NETGEAR's unique PoE power autobalance and allocation technology automatically balances the PoE power based on the device needs independent of PoE class detected.
- If the power requirements for the attached powered devices (PDs) exceed the total power budget of the switch, the PD on the highest-numbered port is disabled to make sure that the PDs connected to the higher-priority, lower numbered ports are supported first.
- Just because a PD is listed as an 802.3at PoE powered device does not necessarily mean that it requires the maximum power limit of the specification. Many PDs require less power, potentially allowing more PoE ports to be active simultaneously.
NETGEAR Insight App: The NETGEAR Insight App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) lets you instantly discover, configure, and continuously monitor and manage your network of select NETGEAR Wi-Fi access points, switches and storage devices from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. NETGEAR Insight enables multi-device, multi-network configuration of your NETGEAR Insight Managed switches, wireless access points, and network storage devices either locally or remotely. It provides network management, monitoring and service deployment across multiple remote and local sites for the easiest and most user-friendly networking experience. You can choose between two NETGEAR Insight subscription plans - Insight Basic or Insight Premium.
- Insight Basic: A complete and affordable solution to set up, manage, and monitor your networks anytime, anywhere, from the palm of your hand with the Insight mobile app. Insight Basic costs $4.99 per device/per year.
- Insight Premium: Provides advanced premium features on the Insight mobile app plus access to the Insight cloud portal, which supports more complex device and network setup. Insight Premium cost $9.99 per device/per year.
Note: All the setup, monitoring and management features available through the Insight app are now also available through the Insight Cloud portal. With a larger screen real estate, users will have a single-pane view of all their devices and their locations in an intuitive interface. The Insight Cloud portal is only available with the Insight Premium offer.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The included 6' detachable AC power cord plugs into the back of the Ethernet Switch and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The power cord is terminated by a 3-prong AC connector.
LED Indicators: When you connect the included external AC power adapter to the NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch and plug it into an electrical outlet, its front-panel LEDs will indicate the status.
Mounting Options: The NETGEAR SOHO Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS348PP) supports desktop or rack-mount placement. It includes all the necessary mounting hardware.