About the NETGEAR LM1200
Make a speedy 4G LTE internet connection
If you live in a place without easy access to broadband internet, travel often, or run a mobile business, the NETGEAR LM1200 modem can use your mobile data plan to make a speedy connection to the internet. You can then connect a compatible wireless router to generate strong, fast Wi-Fi coverage. LTE activation requires an activated Nano SIM card from your service provider.
- uses your mobile data plan to maximize internet speed where wired broadband access is unavailable
- speeds up to 150Mbps
- must be paired with a wireless router to generate Wi-Fi
- LTE requires activated Nano SIM card from your preferred provider
- two Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology
- USB Type-C port for connecting included power cable
- Ethernet cable included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-5/8"W x 1-5/16"H x 6-3/8"D
- weight: 6.24 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LM1200-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 4G LTE Modem
- 39" USB cable (type-A to type-C)
- 59" Ethernet cable (RJ-45)
- AC Power adapter (5V/2.0A output)
- Quickstart guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR LM1200
4G LTE: The NETGEAR LM1200 4G LTE modem can provide cellular-based internet service and is certified with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon (Sprint not supported). The LM1200 requires an activated nano SIM (4FF format) card to be installed for cellular communication and operation. After purchasing a data plan and an activated nano SIM card from your service provider, the card can then be inserted into the card slot on the LM1200. The 4G LTE modem will automatically connect to your broadband network and requires minimal setup for full operation. The LM1200 can provide up to 150Mbps download speed and up to 50Mbps upload speed.
Note: The NETGEAR LM1200 4G LTE modem does not include a built-in WiFi router.
System Requirements: To utilize the LM1200 4G LTE modem, you will need the following:
- Activated nano SIM card (4FF format) from AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon (Sprint not supported)
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP; Mac OS (10.6.8. and newer); and other operating systems running a TCP/IP network (for accessing Web Management User Interface)
- Compatible browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers and higher (for accessing Web Management User Interface)
- LTE CAT 4: B2, B4, B5, B12, B13, B14, B66, B71 - Up to 150Mbps download speed and up to 50Mbps upload speed.
- UMTS DC-HSPA+: B2, B4, B5 - Up to 42Mbps.
Port Forwarding: Port Forwarding is an advanced feature that affects the behavior of the firewall in the modem. By enabling Port Forwarding, you can make local computer or servers available to the internet for different services. By default, the LM1200 modem blocks inbound traffic from the internet to your computer except for replies to your outbound traffic. To allow remote computers on the internet to access a computer on your local network (LAN), you may need to create exceptions to this rule by enable Port Forwarding.
Modem Security: The NETGEAR LM1200 modem will have a default password for accessing settings and configuration. It is recommended that the default password be changed to provide stronger security in accessing the modem.
SIM Security: A second level of security can be achieved by creating a PIN (Personal Identification Number) that must be entered before the modem can access the mobile broadband connection and before you can make changes to the mobile broadband connection. Enabling the SIM Card Security feature will require the PIN to be entered each time the modem is powered on in order for it to access the mobile broadband network. Before setting up SIM Security, you must first obtain the default PIN for the SIM card from your service provider.
Note: Entering a wrong PIN multiple times can result in the SIM card being blocked. The number of attempts depends on the SIM card and your service provider. If the card becomes locked, you must contact your service provider for a PIN Unlock Key (PUK).
- LAN (RJ-45): A Gigabit Ethernet port provides the connection to your wired or wireless router (sold separately).
- WAN (RJ-45): This Gigabit Ethernet port is currently unused. A future firmware upgrade will allow this port to be used with a cable or DSL modem for a backup internet connection.
- USB-C: Used with the supplied AC power adapter for powering the LM1200 modem.
- Reset: A recessed Reset button will return the modem to factory default when pressed.
- SIM Slot: Lets you insert your activated nano SIM card for operation.
- Antenna: Two TS-9 antenna ports let you connect an optional antenna (not included) for improved signal reception.
- Solid Amber: Modem is booting up.
- Solid Green: Modem is receiving power and is connected to the mobile broadband network and the internet.
- Blinking Amber: Modem is detecting a device error.
- Off: Modem is not receiving power.
- LAN Ethernet:
- Solid Amber: A device is connecting to this port.
- Green: A device is connected.
- WAN Ethernet (currently not available):
- Solid Amber: A device is connected to this port.
- Solid Green: Full data connectivity.
- Signal Strength:
- Green: The LTE connection is good. Blinking indicates data traffic.
- Amber: The LTE connection is good, but the signal is weak. Blinking indicates data traffic.
- Red: The modem can't connect to the LTE network.
Power: The NETGEAR LM1200 modem is powered by the included AC power supply (5V/2.0A output), which gets connected to the modem's USB-C port.
Mounting: The LM1200 modem features a rubberized bottom panel that adds stability for table-top use. Two key-hole slots on the bottom panel allow the modem to be wall-mounted (mounting hardware not included).