About the Meural WiFi Photo Frame — Powered by NETGEAR
The easy way to display your memories
The easy way to display your memories
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has 10,000+ photos sitting in limbo on my phone. Somehow they almost never make their way to my walls where I could actually enjoy them. That's why I was so excited to see this new Meural WiFi Photo Frame. It offers a quick and easy way to display your favorite snaps and short videos. And it shows them off beautifully — in portrait or landscape — on a crisp 15.6-inch HD screen.
The Frame makes it easy and fun to display your favorite moments.
The Frame looks a lot like a traditional photo frame, with a stylish wood-grain finish around the edges and a nifty metal kickstand that will work whether you place it in portrait or landscape orientation. If you prefer to wall-mount it, you can use the included bracket to hang it vertically or horizontally.
No matter how you position it, Meural's proprietary technology aims to deliver lifelike details from every angle on the Frame's anti-glare HD display. There are sensors that measure the brightness in the room and automatically adjust the screen to compensate. It will even put the screen to sleep when the room is dark.
Feel closer to family and friends
The need for social distancing this year has made me miss my friends and family even more than usual. So I love that the Frame allows you to share access with your favorite people — allowing them to securely send photos and short videos directly to it from wherever they are.
A mini museum
Your Frame also includes access to a curated collection of 100 images from Meural's art library. And if you want more options, you can subscribe to an optional annual membership which provides access to tens of thousands of works from around the world. I use this on the larger Meural Canvas art display I have, and it is a very cool feature.
- digital frame renders lifelike images on 15.6" LCD display
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- up to 4K photo format support
- anti-glare IPS screen deflects light without distorting color
- plays back videos up to 15 seconds in length
- supports .HEIC, .mov, and H.264 video formats
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- wood-grain trim
- built-in sturdy metal kickstand can be used in portrait or landscape orientation
- can also be wall-mounted vertically or horizontally on included bracket
- Frame can be controlled with gestures
- wave up to see an "art card" for each image detailing the history of the work and artist or the metadata on your uploaded photos
- wave right or left to scroll through the playlist
- Meural app allows you to browse, curate, and set up your Frame
- search by museum, movement, artist, and more
- upload your own images
- invite friends and family to send photos or short videos to your Frame from wherever they are
- manage playlists, uploads, and settings
- link photo albums on your phone and any changes will be automatically synced on your Frame
- includes 100 free images from Meural's art library
- access entire collection with optional Meural Annual Membership
- ambient light sensor measures room's brightness and automatically adjusts Frame to match it
- puts Frame to sleep when room gets dark
- includes AC power adapter and power cord
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) for fast, reliable network connection
- 1.8 GHz processor
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- stores over 2,400 photos (based on average file size of 3MB)
- 16"W x 10"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight: 2.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MC315GDW-100NAS
What's in the box:
- WiFi photo frame
- AC power adapter (attached 6' DC cord)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Scews
- 2 Anchors
- Cleaning Cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Support Information
Meural WiFi Photo Frame — Powered by NETGEAR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Meural WiFi Photo Frame — Powered by NETGEAR
Meural WiFi Photo Frame: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame (MC315GDW) powered by Netgear lets you share special moments privately and securely almost instantly on a beautiful crystal-clear 15.6" display. Easily upload your smartphone's photo collection directly to your pixel-perfect display or invite loved ones to share right to your canvas. The Meural WiFi Photo Frame is a picture-perfect way to stay connected with loved ones, even when apart. Invite family and friends to share their photos right to your Meural Photo Frame and personalized photo playlists.
15.6" Full HD Display: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame features a crystal-clear 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) LCD screen with a 16:9 wide-screen aspect ratio. Its anti-glare IPS screen and patented TrueArt technology delivers lifelike photos and art at every angle. The Full HD LCD will automatically adjust the display brightness based on the amount of light in your room and goes to sleep when its dark.
- TrueArt Technology: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame powered by Netgear utilizes a proprietary blend of hardware, firmware, and software to render images that are lifelike and textured. The Meural WiFi Photo Frame can produce 16.7 million colors from true blacks and whites to rich colorful hues.
- Anti-Glare IPS Screen: The WiFi Photo Frame features an anti-glare IPS screen that organically deflects light without distorting the hue or image quality.
- Ambient Light Sensor: The ambient light sensor measures the light in the room and adjusts the Canvas screen's brightness level accordingly. The ambient light sensor feature can be set to Low, Normal, or High. can be adjusted within the Meural App (for Apple iOS and Android). The Meural WiFi Photo Frame will even go to sleep when the room goes totally dark.
Quad-Core Processor w/ Built-in WiFi: The Meural MC315GDW features a 1.8GHz Quad Core processor with 1GB DDR3 RAM. It also offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and will wirelessly connect to your home's WiFi network. Setup is done through the Meural App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. In addition, the WiFi Photo Frame supports WPS (Wireless Protect Setup) for push-button setup.
Note: The digital smart art frame does not offer a hardwired Ethernet jack connection.
My.Meural Account: After you have connect the Meural WiFi Photo Frame to your WiFi network, you will need to setup a my.meural account before using the Canvas digital smart art frame. This can be done from the the Meural app on you compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, or from my.meural.com. You'll use the my.meural website to browse and curate art, as well as change WiFi Photo Frame's settings - including Scheduler and Playlists.
Intuitive Control: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame provides intuitive operation through the Meural App (for Apple iOS and Android OS) and built-in gesture control.
- Meural App: The Meural app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.1+) is the easiest way to manage all the content that is displayed on The WiFi Photo Frame (MC315GDW). With the Meural app, you can discover art and control the WiFi Photo Frame on the go from the palm of your hand on a compatible smartphone or tablet device. You can even upload images from your device to your Meural account and preview them right in the app.
- Gesture Control: The Meural Canvas offers built-in gesture control for simple operation of the WiFi Photo Frame. Simply wave your hand left or right to change between artwork and images, wave your hand downward to access and choose a new playlist, and wave your hand upward to see details about a piece of artwork. For optimal gesture control, steadily wave your hand approximately 4" across the sensor area, at about an 1" away from the frame. This will ensure the frame's sensor registers hand waves with greater accuracy and precision. Additionally, gesture recognition is locked for 0.5 seconds after each gesture to prevent error waves, so fast waving will not work.
Note: Unlike other Meural digital photo frames, the MC315GDW WiFi Photo Frame does not support Alexa voice control.
Art Library: Meural's online Art Library bring the world's museums and galleries to your wall with Meural's virtually endless digital library of 30,000+ works of iconic and emerging art from old art to new art and everything in between. You can browse by museum, movement, artist, color, and more. With the Meural Membership, you get unlimited access to a $3 billion art library of past, present, and future artwork. If you're not interested in the Meural Membership, you'll have access to sample images (a small collection of popular artworks).
- The Meural Membership: The Meural Membership cost $69.95 a year or $8.95 a month (one subscription is good for up to two Meural WiFi Photo Frame digital smart art frames). You get access to 30,000+ works of art and photography from the world’s museums and galleries. Enjoy works from iconic artists and discover new ones. Meural's art library is easy to browse by color, museum, subject, style, artist, and more. Each artwork image has an "art card", detailing the history of the work and artist. You can even purchase individual digital artwork so you'll have it forever even if you decide to cancel your membership (Meural Members will receive discounts on purchased digital artwork).
- Sample Images: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame comes with 100 pre-loaded images and access to multiple sampler images from Meural's art library, ranging from classic to modern art. Some of the images are preloaded, though additional sampler playlists can be downloaded. See the images included here.
- You can cancel your Meural Membership at any time, whether it be Annual or Monthly. You'll still have all of the benefits until the end of your billing cycle. Any artwork, images, and playlists containing Membership-only work (that were not purchased) will be removed from the Canvas as well as your account.
- While a large part of the Meural Membership library stays consistent, works can be removed at anytime to make room for others.
Photos & Videos: You can even view your own photo and video images on the Meural WiFi Photo Frame. You can do this through the my.meural.com or from the Meural app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- My.Meural.Com: Go to my.meural.com to upload the images you want to your account. You'll then be able to crop and optimize them to look best on the smart art frame.
- Link Photo Albums: You can also link Photo Albums that are on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device's Photo Albums with the WiFi Photo Frame. Anytime you update your photo albums on your device, Meural will sync changes automatically on the digital picture frame.
- Video Clips: In addition, you can show video clips (up to 15 seconds per video) from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device on the Meural WiFi Photo Frame.
Note: The Meural MC315GDW WiFi Photo Frame is not equipped with an SD-card slot or USB port for external storage or to view photo files.
Favorites & Scheduler: Favorites is a feature that allows you to select images, playlists, artists, and channels that you want to return to later on the Meural WiFi Photo Frame. Using the Scheduler, you can also plan what the WiFi Photo Frame displays every hour. You can choose between images and playlists, as well as have the Canvas wake up and go to sleep when you do.
Mounting Options: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame's built-in premium metal stand allows you position the digital picture frame on a tabletop, countertop, desk, or shelf. It also comes with a wall-bracket to mount the WiFi Photo Frame vertically (portrait) or horizontally (landscape). It will automatically detect its orientation to make sure your digital artwork is displayed correctly.
- Tabletop Dimensions:
with integrated metal stand
- Landscape (Horizontal): 16.1875" (w) x 10.125" (h) x 6.625"
- Portrait (Vertical): 10.3125" (w) x 16.0" (h) x 6.625"
- Wall-Mount Dimensions: with included wall bracket
- Landscape (Horizontal): 16.1875" (w) x 10.3125" (h) x 1.6875"
- Portrait (Vertical): 10.3125" (w) x 16.1875" (h) x 1.6875"
Note: The MC315GDW WiFi Photo Frame is not compatible with the Netgear Meural Swivel Mount.
AC Power Adapter: The Meural WiFi Photo Frame (MC315GDW) comes with an external AC power adapter with an attached 6' cord. The cord plugs into the back of the WiFi Photo Frame, while the AC power adapter plugs into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The Meural Canvas is not battery powered.