About the Meural Canvas II (21.5") — Powered by NETGEAR
A new way to enjoy art
A new way to enjoy art
I'm lucky enough to have the previous version of this cool digital art frame at home, and I've been known to go on and on about how much I love it. See, before I had a Meural Canvas, I'd spend countless hours trying to pick just the right print to order from my favorite artist, or even which vacation photo I wanted to enlarge and frame. Because art used to be a long-term commitment. Meural changed that with Canvas — a lifelike digital display for your favorite works of art. This updated Canvas II offers two sizes and more frame color options. It's also easier to set up and even more energy efficient that its predecessor.
Easy and fun to customize
With the free Meural app you can switch up what's displayed on your Canvas on a whim. You can also create playlists that include your favorite classical pieces interspersed with photos from your latest vacation. And you can display each image for any length of time you want.
Meural's proprietary technology aims to bring to life every brushstroke and detail so that you might not even know it's digital until the picture changes. The Canvas II has a 21.5" anti-glare HD display, as well as sensors — improved from the previous version — that measure the brightness in the room and automatically adjust the screen to compensate. And you can hang it vertically or horizontally — it will adjust accordingly. It can even support images with motion elements.
The frame is handcrafted from premium wood, and it comes in four colors. It is also available in a larger size.
Control it with a wave of your hand
When I first started using the Canvas, I'll admit that the gesture controls took a little getting used to. But it's really easy once you get the hang of it. I frequently cross the room to swipe up and read each piece's “art card” detailing the history of the work and the artist. I've probably already learned half a semester's worth of art history. Gesturing left and right near the bottom of the frame lets me scroll through the playlist.
Or use your voice
Want to go hands-free? Use your Alexa-enabled device to turn the Canvas on or off, scroll forward and back in the playlist, or set the brightness using only your voice.
Making art more accessible
Your Canvas includes access to a curated collection of 100 images from Meural's art library, 42 of which are already pre-loaded. You can also upload your own great works for display. But if you want more options, you can subscribe to an optional annual membership which provides access to tens of thousands of works from around the world.
After spending some time with a trial subscription, I can already say that I will definitely pay to renew my membership when the time comes. You can search by artist or movement, subscribe to channels, check out playlists based on color or theme, and get recommendations based on what you already like. Surfing the Meural app has already led me to discover several artists whose work I really love but had somehow never seen before.
The Meural Canvas II comes with a hanging cleat that allows you to mount it horizontally or vertically. But if you want to change it up regularly, I recommend picking up the swivel mount. That's how I have mine mounted. Install it once, and you can easily rotate the attached Canvas whenever you get the urge to go from a portrait to a landscape.
The 8-foot power cord on Meural Canvas II is fairly unobtrusive, but hiding it definitely makes for a cleaner look. The cord is rated for in-wall use, but if you don't want to cut holes in your wall, you can easily disguise it with a paintable cable cover like I did to keep your home gallery looking super-streamlined.
- digital art frame renders lifelike images on 21.5" LCD display
- 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution
- matte anti-glare screen deflects light without distorting color
- brightness: 250 nits
- AHVA (Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle) panel technology
- handcrafted frame made of premium wood
- hang vertically or horizontally on included bracket — the Canvas II automatically detects its orientation and adjusts accordingly
- optional Swivel Mount makes it easy to rotate Canvas between portrait and landscape
- Canvas II can be controlled with gestures
- wave up to see an "art card" for each image detailing the history of the work and artist
- wave right or left to scroll through the playlist
- gesture control can be turned off
- Meural app allows you to browse, curate, and set up your Canvas II
- search by museum, movement, artist, and more
- upload your own images
- manage playlists, uploads, and settings from anywhere
- includes 100 free images from Meural's art library
- 42 works of art are pre-loaded on Canvas II
- access entire collection with optional Meural Annual Membership
- compatible with Amazon Echo
- use voice control to turn on/off, show next/previous image, and set brightness
- ambient light sensor measures room's brightness and automatically adjusts Canvas to match it
- puts Canvas II to sleep when room gets dark
- includes AC power adapter and 8-foot power cord
- side door offers easy access to factory reset button, SD card slot, and micro USB and Ethernet ports
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 for fast, reliable network connection
- 1.8 GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A17 processor
- 8GB built-in storage
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 24-5/16"W x 16-5/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 15.49 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MC321WL-100PAS
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Meural Canvas II (21.5") — Powered by NETGEAR