About the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1
Take your Wi-Fi with you
Take your Wi-Fi with you
When you're traveling, or operating an outdoor business, you probably use your cellular data to access the internet on your individual device. The NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 lets you turn that data into Wi-Fi that friends, family, and customers can use, too.
The router's 4G LTE Wi-Fi features four-band carrier aggregation for speedy data transmission rates. You can connect up to 20 devices to the network, and the built-in battery can last up to 24 hours per charge. A handy built-in display shows you information about your data usage at a glance.
Note: The MR1100 is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, and any mobile virtual network operators that use AT&T and T-Mobile as a network provider. It is not compatible with Verizon.
Convenient app control
The free NETGEAR mobile app lets you easily access and control the router, including:
- track data usage by month and session
- check connection status and battery life
- view connected Wi-Fi devices
- turn your hotspot off and on
- view and play media files
- offload to Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- configure base station support for Arlo security cameras (not included)
- dual-band travel router with Wi-Fi/Ethernet offloading capabilities
- uses your mobile data to generate 4G LTE Wi-Fi
- Note: Compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, and any mobile virtual network operators that use AT&T and T-Mobile as a network provider; not compatible with Verizon
- stream media from microSD card slot or external hard drive to all connected devices
- compatible file formats: FAT, FAT-16, FAT-32, NTFS, HFS, and HFS+
- LCD screen with adjustable brightness lets you monitor activity at a glance
- mobile broadband delivers download speeds up to 1 Gbps and upload speeds up to 150 Mbps
- connect up to 20 Wi-Fi devices on the go
- NETGEAR mobile app lets you manage connections, configure settings, check data usage, play media files, and set up parental controls
- 4-band carrier aggregation and 4x4 MIMO for higher data transmission rates
- 5040mAh battery for up to 24 hours of use
- USB Type-A output
- USB Type-C output
- two connections for optional TS-9 antennas
- WAN Ethernet port
- JumpBoost lets the mobile router charge the battery of your mobile device via USB-A
- security: firewall and WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) encryption
- parental controls let you allow or block access to specific sites, and schedule Wi-Fi availability
- requires activated micro SIM card (3FF format) from AT&T
- can serve as base station for Arlo wireless home security camera (not included)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-1/8"W x 7/8"H x 5-9/16"D
- weight: 8.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR1100-100NAS
What's in the box:
- LTE mobile hotspot router
- Rechargeable battery
- USB/AC power adatper
- 39" USB-C to USB-A cable
- Bottom cover
- Quick Start Guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Nighthawk® M1
LTE Mobile Hotspot Router: The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) by NETGEAR lets you create a WiFi access point in any location with cellular network coverage. Combining ultrafast download speeds (up to 1Gbps), support for Cat. 16 LTE Advanced and 4-band Carrier Aggregation, plus 4x4 MIMO, this Mobile Hotspot Router provides the best Internet connection experience possible whether it is used on-the-go, at home, or during your travels. The Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot Router can provide a secure LTE connection to share with up to 20 WiFi devices in your family, stream and play multimedia to keep everyone entertained, and work as a portable base station with Arlo security cameras to monitor your surroundings at any destination. The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) also provides a simple and intuitive mobile app (for Apple iOS and Android), parental control options, an improved JumpBoost feature, and a long-lasting battery for all day continuous use. The following system requirements are need to utilize the NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem (LB112).
- Activated micro SIM card (3FF format) from AT&T
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP; Mac OS (10.6.8. and newer); and other operating systems running a TCP/IP network
- Compatible browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers and higher
- Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.1+ (running NETGEAR Mobile app)
Note: You will need to obtain a micro SIM (3FF format) card from AT&T.
Advanced WiFi Connectivity: Thanks to dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz dual concurrent WiFi 802.11ac and 4X4 MIMO, the Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) delivers super-fast mobile broadband internet with download speeds up to 1Gbps and upload speeds up to 150Mbps for increased network performance and reduced interference. The Nighthawk M1 supports up to 20 WiFi-enabled devices simultaneously (including smartphones, laptops, tablets, printers, digital cameras, gaming consoles, etc.) that you may have with you at home, at the office, or on the road.
Note: The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router's WiFi setup can be done from the NETGEAR Mobile app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) or a web browser (enter http://192.168.1.1) on your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Ethernet Port: In addition to Cellular and WiFi wireless connectivity, the The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) is equipped with an Ethernet RJ-45 port that supports up to 500 Mbps.
NETGEAR Mobile App: The NETGEAR Mobile app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.1+) offers the easiest and most convenient way to interface with the Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router. The NETGEAR Mobile app lets you manage the M1 Mobile Hotspot Router from the convenience of your compatible smartphone or tablet. From the NETGEAR Mobile app, you can manage WiFi connections for all your devices, configure settings, check data usage, play media files, and set up parental controls.
- Track data usage by month and session
- Check the status of your WiFi connection and battery life in real-time
- View connected WiFi devices
- Turn off your hotspot
- Enable Dual-Band WiFi
- Beep your mobile router or hotspot
- View and play media files
- Offloading to WiFi or Ethernet
- Configure base station support for Arlo security cameras
Universal Plug N Play (UPnP): UPnP helps devices, such as Internet appliances and computers, access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network. UPnP is beneficial when you use applications such as multiplayer gaming, peer-to-peer connections, or real-time communications such as instant messaging or remote assistance. By default, UPnP is enabled in the mobile router.
Media Storage Sharing: You can use the mobile router to share media and storage devices through MyMedia (DLNA) on the NETGEAR Mobile app. You can insert a USB storage device in the mobile router USB type A port or install a microSD card in the mobile router. You can then access the files and folders on these devices from computers and mobile devices that are connected to the mobile router network. You can even upload media files to either an inserted microSD card or a connected USB storage device. The mobile router supports MyMedia on mobile devices.
- USB-Compliant: The mobile router works with most USB-compliant external flash and hard drives. Some USB external hard drives and flash drives require you to load the drivers onto the computer before the computer can access the USB device. Such USB devices do not work with the mobile router. The mobile router supports the following file system types for full read/write access - FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, and HFS+.
- microSD Card: The mobile router supports microSD cards up to 128 GB in the following formats - FAT, FAT-16, FAT-32, NTFS, HFS, and HFS+.
- MyMedia (DLNA): The NETGEAR Mobile app includes a MyMedia shortcut that displays categories of supported media types to play back. You can connect any DLNA-compatible client to the mobile router. This includes computers running Windows Media Player and other DLNA-enabled devices such as smart TVs.
Data Offloading: Data offloading lets you transfer the mobile hotspot router's Internet connection from mobile broadband to another WiFi or Ethernet connection. Data offloading reduces the amount of data that you are using on the cellular band. You might want to use this feature if you are in an area in which many others are using cellular connections at the same time or in areas with poor cellular reception.
Note: If you use WiFi offloading, you must configure the mobile router for 2.4GHz access only. Dual-band access is not supported for WiFi offloading.
USB Tethering: USB tethering lets you connect to the Internet from supported computers with a USB cable and charge the mobile router battery at the same time. Use the included cable to connect between the router's USB-C port and your computer's USB-A port.. Once connected, the computer will automatically connect to the mobile router LAN (local area network). The first time you connect this way, your computer might display notifications about detecting a new device.
JumpBoost: If your smartphone or tablet device is low on or out of battery power, you can give it a boost by connecting it to the mobile router's USB-A port. The JumpBoost feature allows the mobile router to charge the battery of your mobile device through its USB-A port.
Built-in Security: The router comes with a built-in firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted intrusions from the Internet. It also provides other unique security features, such as Parental Control and Access Control. Parental Control lets you block or allow access to specific websites, as well as create a scheduled time for internet access. Access Control allows you to set up a list of devices to be blocked from accessing or allowed access the mobile router.
ARLO Support: The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) supports the Arlo Smart Home Security System as the base station for Arlo cameras.
LCD Screen: The integrated top-panel LCD screen displays 4G LTE strength, the number of devices connected (up to 20), current data usage, days left on data billing cycle, and estimated data usage for current billing cycle. You can adjust the overall brightness of the screen display.
Power Requirements: The Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot Router (MR1100) includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (5040maH/3.85V) that can last up to 24 hours. The included USB/AC power adapter can be used to power the mobile hotspot router, as well as recharge the battery. The USB/AC power adapter plugs into the USB-C port of the router and an AC power outlet. If you keep the mobile hotspot router plugged in for an extended period of time, the mobile mobile router will automatically reduce charging levels to protect battery life. The router's LCD screen will indicate battery life and charging status.
Note: The 24 hour battery life rating was achieved by the following scenario - streaming YouTube for 1 hour followed by 30 minutes of idle time and then repeat for over 24 hours.
1 question already asked