About the NETGEAR AC1000
A cost-effective router for small spaces
A cost-effective router for small spaces
If you're looking for a cost-effective way to bring Wi-Fi access to a small apartment or a portion of a larger home, the NETGEAR AC1000 R6080 may just be a perfect fit. Connect it to your existing cable modem and download the free Nighthawk app to help with setup and troubleshooting, and you'll be ready to stream content and surf the internet in no time.
Simultaneous dual-band capability offers two "lanes" for traffic to flow through. External antennas provide a strong wireless signal. And there are five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology so you can make wired connections to streaming boxes and similar devices.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Once you've plugged in a few cables, use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to connect your Wi-Fi quickly.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. If you have guests come to visit, there's a separate guest network that gives them safe, limited access to your network.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous dual band operation (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
- AC1000 Wi-Fi (300 Mbps + 700 Mbps)
- up to 300 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 700 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- external antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- schedule Wi-Fi on/off times to save energy
- free Nighthawk app helps you set up and troubleshoot your home network
- internal memory: 8 MB flash and 64 MB RAM
- five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- NAT firewall protection
- separate and secure access network for guests
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 7-1/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 5-7/16"D
- weight: 8.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R6080-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Dual-band WiFi router
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR AC1000
Features & specs
|Wireless Range||Not given|
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.0 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||300 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||700 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router: The NETGEAR AC1000 (R6080) Dual Band WiFi Router offers improved performance and wireless coverage for your entire home. With up to 300+700 Mbps speed and simultaneous dual band WiFi technology, it avoids wireless interference for smooth media streaming. Compatible with next generation WiFi (802.11ac) devices, this router is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
- Dual Band WiFi: Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming. Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices.
- WiFi (802.11ac): The NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router is an incredibly fast router delivering AC1000 WiFi speeds. This router offers improved performance and wireless coverage for your entire home. It provides access that is 3x faster than similar 802.11n technology, and delivers the speed and reliability for HD streaming and online gaming throughout your home, through a secure and reliable connection to the Internet.
Variety of Applications: With the NETGEAR AC1000 (R6080), you can create a powerful home network for applications such as lag-free multiple HD streaming, multi-player online gaming, ultra-fast, reliable connection to the Internet and a secure wireless connection.
- Surf/Chat/Email: Enjoy a reliable, secure wireless connection to the Internet for surfing the web, chatting, and email.
- HD Streaming: Optimized for a smooth, lag-free HD video streaming experience; even for multiple devices.
- Internet Radio Music: Enjoy a fast and reliable wireless connection for listening to music online.
- Online Gaming: Play online video games.
Ethernet: In addition to WiFi connectivity, the AC1000 (R6080) is fitted with five 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN) with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices.
Simple Setup: NETGEAR makes installation and management fast & simple, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way. The router offers a built-in Setup Wizard for computer setup, an Apple & GooglePlay apps for Apple iOS & Android setup, plus a WPS push-button setup.
- Setup Wizard: You can use the router's built-in Setup Wizard for Windows & Mac to detect your Internet settings and automatically set up the router from your computer.
- Setup Mobile App: Easy setup from your Apple iOS or Android device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Push 'N' Connect: Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
- WiFi Power On/Off: Schedule your WiFi On/Off time for better power savings
NETGEAR Nighthawk App: The NETGEAR Nighthawk App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android OS 4.2+) makes it easy to set up your router from your Apple iOS or Android device. With the app, you can install your router in few steps - just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup smart parental controls and much more.
Security Options: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with NAT firewall protection.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, or 2000; as well as Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
- Internet Connection: Broadband (cable, DSL) Internet service and modem with Ethernet connection.