About the NETGEAR AC1750
Fast, reliable Wi-Fi® with all the trimmings
The NETGEAR AC1750 dual-band router provides high-speed wired and wireless connectivity.
Fast, reliable Wi-Fi® with all the trimmings
When I buy a new router, I want fast Wi-Fi that doesn't lag or drop out. The NETGEAR R6400 has three external antennas with powerful amplifiers that can broadcast a strong dual-band wireless signal throughout even a large home. It's also packed with advanced features that help you direct signal where it's needed most, protect your data, and share content with friends and family.
Put your USB drive to work
Plug a USB hard drive into this router and you'll immediately have NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. Wherever you are, you'll be able to access your connected USB storage device, so you can keep large files like photos and videos at home, then see and share them when you're out and about without taking up precious space on your mobile device. The router can also perform regularly scheduled backups to the connected drive, so your important data stays current and safe.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA/WPA2 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. If you have young ones in the house, use the router's parental controls to filter out content you don't want them to see. If you travel for work, or work from home on occasion, the R6400 offers a strong, secure VPN connection as well.
Easy to install and use
NETGEAR routers are designed for easy installation. Just plug in the necessary cables, then use the single-button Push ‘N' Connect function to connect your Wi-Fi quickly. The NETGEAR Nighthawk app helps with setup, and lets you monitor, control and troubleshoot your network from a convenient personal dashboard.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless router
- simultaneous dual band operation (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
- high-powered amplifiers with 3 external antennas provide wireless coverage for large properties
- AC1750 Wi-Fi (450+1300 Mbps)
- up to 450 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- powerful 1GHz dual-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- advanced upstream and downstream QoS (quality of service)
- single-button Push 'N' Connect function
- DLNA compliant for easy content sharing
- Nighthawk® app helps you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your home network
- 128 MB flash and 256 MB RAM internal memory
- bandwidth can be prioritized for online gaming, streaming videos, or high-res music
- Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- Airtime fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- ReadyCLOUD® USB Access allows secure remote cloud access to USB storage
- ReadySHARE Printer lets you wirelessly access and share a USB printer
- five 10/100/1000 (4 LAN and 1 WAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- one USB 3.0 port
- one USB 2.0 port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2-PSK)
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- ReadySHARE Vault software for automatic PC backup to a connected USB hard drive
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 11-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 1.58 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R6400-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Dual-band WiFi router
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR AC1750 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR AC1750
Features & specs
|Wireless Range||Not given|
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.75 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||450 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||1300 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||1|
|USB 3.0 ports||1|
AC1750 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router: The NETGEAR AC1750 (R6400) Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router offers improved performance and wireless coverage for your entire home. With up to 450+1300 Mbps speed, simultaneous dual-band WiFi technology, and three high performance antennas, it avoids wireless interference for fast and smooth streaming with up to twelve more more wireless devices. Compatible with next generation WiFi (802.11ac) devices, this router is also backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
- Dual-Band WiFi: Simultaneous Dual-Band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming. Simultaneous dual-band WiFi reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices.
- WiFi (802.11ac): The NETGEAR AC1750 dual-band WiFi Router is an incredibly fast router delivering AC1750 WiFi speeds. This router offers improved performance and wireless coverage for your entire home. It provides access that is 3x faster than similar 802.11n technology, and delivers the speed and reliability for HD streaming and online gaming throughout your home, through a secure and reliable connection to the Internet.
Beamforming+: Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
Quality of Service (QoS): You can also use Quality of Service (QoS) to assign a high priority to gaming and streaming video from the Internet. Upstream Quality of Service (QoS) assigns a high priority to Internet traffic from your gaming system, while Downstream Quality of Service (QoS) assigns a high priority to Internet video streaming from websites like YouTube and Netflix. WiFi Multimedia Quality of Service (WMM QoS) prioritizes wireless voice and video traffic over a WiFi link. WMM QoS is automatically enabled for the router. WMM QoS prioritizes wireless data packets from different applications based on four access categories - voice, video, best effort, and background.
- NETGEAR recommends that only gamers enable the Upstream QoS feature. If you do not game and you turn on this feature, some applications might not perform as well as usual
- NETGEAR recommends that you enable downstream QoS only if you watch streaming Internet video. When downstream QoS assigns a high priority to streaming video, it also assigns a lower priority to the rest of your Internet traffic. That means other tasks like downloading content from the Internet take longer
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play): Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) helps devices such as Internet appliances and computers access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network.
5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: In addition to WiFi connectivity, the AC1750 (R6400) is fitted with five 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN) featuring auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices.
Simple Setup: NETGEAR makes installation and management fast & simple, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way. The router offers a built-in Setup Wizard for computer setup, an Apple & GooglePlay apps for Apple iOS & Android setup, plus a WPS push-button setup.
- Setup Wizard: You can use the router's built-in Setup Wizard for Windows & Mac to detect your Internet settings and automatically set up the router from your computer.
- Setup Mobile App: Easy setup from your Apple iOS or Android device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Push 'N' Connect: Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
- WiFi Power On/Off: Schedule your WiFi On/Off time for better power savings
NETGEAR Nighthawk App: The NETGEAR Nighthawk App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android OS 4.2+) makes it easy to set up your router from your Apple iOS or Android device. With the app, you can install your router in few steps - just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup smart parental controls and much more.
ReadySHARE: The NETGEAR AC1750 (R6400) router allows you to share USB devices, DLNA media, and printers through ReadySHARE.
- Dual USB Ports w/ ReadySHARE: The USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the router can be used to connect USB storage devices such as flash drives or hard drives, or a printer. The router works with most USB-compliant external flash and hard drives (if your USB drive uses special drivers, it is not compatible). You can share data that is stored on most common USB storage devices across your WiFi network with ReadySHARE USB Storage Access. ReadySHARE lets you access and share a USB drive connected to the router's USB port. Do not connect computers, USB modems, CD drives, or DVD drives to the router's USB port.
- ReadyDLNA Media Server: By default, the extender functions as a ReadyDLNA media server, which lets you stream music and movies from an attached USB device to DLNA/UPnP AV-compliant media players, Smart TVs, game consoles, and NETGEAR media players.
- ReadySHARE Printer: The ReadySHARE Printer utility lets you share a USB printer that is connected to the USB port on your extender. You can share this USB printer among the Windows and Mac computers on your network.
ReadyCloud USB Access: Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into the NETGEAR WiFi Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you'll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home.
iTunes & AirPlay Compatible: The router's iTunes Server lets you play music with your Windows or Mac iTunes app from a USB device that is connected to the router USB port. You can also use the Apple Remote app from an iPhone or iPad to play music on any AirPlay devices, such as Apple TV or AirPlay-supported receivers. Supported music file formats are MP3, AAC, and FLAC. The maximum number of music files supported is 10,000.
USB on TiVo: You can set up your TiVo to access media files stored on a USB device that is connected to your router. The TiVo must be on the same network as the router. Media files supports include MPEG 1/2 video, JPEG photo, and MP3 music files. You can also use the TiVo (Series 2 and up) Home Media Option to play photos and music on your Windows or Mac computer in your TiVo user interface.
Auto Backup: Keep your content safe by using the included ReadySHARE Vault application for backing up Windows-based PCs. For Mac OS users, back-up using Apple Time Machine.
- ReadyShare Vault PC: Free ReadyShare Vault PC software it there for you to schedule automatic hassle-free backups to safeguard precious photos and files from any PC directly to the connected USB storage. ReadyShare Vault is free to download and use with the NETGEAR AC1750 (R6400).
- Time Machine: You can use Time Machine to back up your Mac computers onto a USB hard disk drive that is connected to one of the router's USB ports.
Security Options: Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network.
- Secure WiFi Connections: Secure WiFi connections offer the highest level of WPA/WPA2/WPA2-PSK security with double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall) & Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention.
- VPN & FTP Support: VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters. With your customized free URL, you can use FTP to access your network when you aren't home through Dynamic DNS.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, or 2000; as well as Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher.
- Internet Connection: Broadband (cable, DSL) Internet service and modem with Ethernet connection.
LEDs: LEDs on the top-panel of the NETGEAR AC1750 (R6400) Smart WiFi Router indicate router status.
1 question already asked