About the NETGEAR RAX10
Dependable, speedy Wi-Fi that's easy to set up
Dependable, speedy Wi-Fi that's easy to set up
The NETGEAR RAX10 covers a small- to medium-sized home with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6, which makes working, learning, and playing at home a smooth experience. The Nighthawk app helps you with initial setup, then lets you monitor, control and troubleshoot your network from a convenient personal dashboard on your computer or mobile device. And once you have it set up the way you like, you can issue voice commands to your router via Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices.
The RAX10 is protected by tough 128-bit AES encryption with PSK that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal, and NETGEAR Armor™ offers additional tools and utilities that help keep you safe. If you have young ones in the house, use the router's parental controls to control their access, and filter out content you don't want them to see. The Nighthawk offers VPN support to keep your flow of information secure when you're working from home. (Subscription required for some advanced features.)
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) wireless router
- three high-performance antennas provide excellent wireless coverage for small- to medium-sized homes
- 4-stream dual-band AX1800 Wi-Fi
- 2.4 GHz @ 600 Mbps
- 5 GHz @ 1,200 Mbps
- powerful 1.5GHz quad-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- memory: 256MB flash and 512MB RAM
- Nighthawk app helps with setup and enables remote monitoring and control of the router
- traffic meter and internet speed test utilities included
- compatible with voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices
- five 10/100/1000 (4 LAN and 1 WAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- separate and secure guest network for visitors
- NETGEAR Armor™ offers layers of protection:
- vulnerability assessment tool scans and identifies network security flaws
- antivirus and ransomware protection at home or on the go
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- robust parental controls help keep kids safe online
- subscription required for some advanced features
Dimensions and warranty:
- 9-5/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-5/16"D (antennas retracted)
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RAX10-100NAS
What's in the box:
- WiFi Router w/ 3 attached 4.5" antennas
- AC Power supply w/ attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/1.5A output)
- 78" CAT-5e cable
- Quickstart card
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the NETGEAR RAX10
Features & specs
|Wireless Range||Not given|
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-band 1.8Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||600 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||1200 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Overview: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AX1800 (RAX10) WiFi Router with simultaneous Dual-Band performance delivers combined WiFi speeds of up to 1.8Gbps. The AX1800's powerful 1.5GHz quad-core processor gives you a high-performance networking engine for faster connections. Incorporating the latest WiFi 6 technology (802.11ax), the AX1800 features proven high-performance while preventing lag spikes, drop outs, and high ping times for better 4K streaming, web-surfing, gaming, and more.
1.5GHz Quad-Core Processor: The NETGEAR Nighthawk AX1800 utilizes a powerful 1.5GHz quad-core processor to separate processes and prioritize high performance WiFi connections to get maximum combined WiFi speeds of up to 1.8Gbps, with up to 4 streams available.
IPv6: The AX1800 supports Internet Protocol version 6 and can be configured as such.
Dual-Band WiFi: Dual-band WiFi delivers up to 1.8Gbps combined WiFi speeds through two dedicated WiFi bands. Both WiFi bands can operate simultaneously and provide up to 2 separate streams in the 5GHz band and 2 separate streams in the 2.4GHz band. Both bands are backwards compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi.
- 5GHz (ax): 2x2 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/160MHz, up to 2400Mbps
- 2.4GHz (ax): 2x2 (Tx/Rx) 1024/256 QAM 20/40MHz, up to 600Mbps
Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS): QoS resolves internet traffic congestion when you have competing internet demands at home. QoS identifies your online activities by application and device, then utilizes bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization techniques to automatically allocate more bandwidth to latency sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming. This ensures that lower priority applications continue to work.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: Five Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports (1 WAN & 4 LAN) allow you to connect multiple wired devices. The WAN port is used to connect your internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices.
Nighthawk App: The Nighthawk App for iOS and Android devices makes it easy and intuitive to setup and use the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX1800 router. With the Nighthawk app, you can install your router using very few steps - just connect your mobile device to the default network, and the app will walk you through the rest. The app automatically updates the router to the latest firmware, allows you to personalize your WiFi network, and even help register your router with NETGEAR. The intuitive Nighthawk app dashboard lets you monitor your home network from most anywhere, check broadband speeds from your service provider, pause the internet to any connected device, track internet data usage, and setup separate networks for guests.
Notes: You can still use the web-based installation wizard to install the router by visiting from your mobile device or a computer connected to the router.
NETGEAR Armor: NETGEAR Armor is a subscription-based security service that's powered by Bitdefender, a global leader in cybersecurity. NETGEAR Armor protects your home network from potential cyber threats and provides complete data protection, advanced threat defense, parental control, webcam protection, multi-layer ransomware protection, anti-phishing, safe files, secure browsing, rescue mode, anti-fraud, and anti-theft. NETGEAR Armor provides you with multiple performance and privacy tools that can be viewed and configured on PC, Mac OS, iOS, and Android devices.
Note: NETGEAR Armor requires a paid subscription after the initial 30-day free trial period.
Smart Parental Controls: NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls lets you create custom profiles to manage online time for children and pause internet service for needed breaks. With a NETGEAR Armor subscription, you can get a detailed report of your child's internet usage, the ability to block any sites, as well as set up filters and internet time-limits.
VPN: The AX1800 router lets you create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to securely access your network via the internet when you are not at home. The VPN feature must be enabled on the router and you must install and run VPN client software on the computer.
Memory: The NETGEAR router features 256MB of flash memory and 512MB of RAM.
Antennas: The AX1800 features 3 built-in antennas that can be swiveled and tilted for optimum performance.
Controls & Indicators: The router's rear-panel includes a WPS button, for connecting to WPS-enabled devices, and a Reset button. Pressing the Reset momentarily will reset the router, while pressing and holding the Reset button will revert the router back to the default settings . Additional top-panel LEDs include:
- Power: Indicates whether router is On or Off.
- Internet: Lights when an internet connection is ready.
- WiFi: Lights to indicate that each WiFi radio is operating.
- Ethernet: Lights green when a 1Gbps link is detected, amber when a 10/100Mbps link is detected, blinking green when sending/receiving data at 1Gbps, and blinking amber when sending/receiving data at 10/100Mbps. LED will be off when no device is connected to an Ethernet port.
Mounting Options: The NETGEAR router can simply be placed on a flat-surface table-top or it can be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome 55 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher, Safari 10 or higher.
Automatic Firmware Updates: The AX1800 can automatically install the latest firmware updates and patches, continually keeping performance and security at the highest level.