About the NETGEAR RAX20
Make more, faster Wi-Fi connections
Make more, faster Wi-Fi connections
The NETGEAR RAX20 is designed to optimize Wi-Fi connectivity in a small to medium home. Four-stream Wi-Fi and a speedy quad-core processor ensure superior performance for 4K multimedia streaming, online gaming, and audio/video chats.
A capable network multi-tasker
Built-in Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices. That makes this router especially useful for latency-sensitive applications such as cooperative gaming, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and smart home devices.
Use voice commands or a mobile app
The router is compatible with voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices for easy setup and control. If you don't use voice control yet, don't worry, you can take care of business quickly with NETGEAR's Nighthawk® app, too.
Multiple wired connections
The RAX20 connects to your modem via a dedicated WAN port, and offers four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for making wired connections to TVs, streaming boxes, gaming systems, and more. And it features a USB 3.0 port for streaming, backup, and easy access to your stored media.
NETGEAR's Wi-Fi Protected Access® offers tough WPA3 encryption that denies outsiders access to your wireless signal. And security updates happen automatically, so it protects against new threats as they emerge. It also offers a strong, secure VPN connection for secure remote access.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) dual-band Gigabit wireless router
- backward-compatible with earlier generations of Wi-Fi
- simultaneous dual-band operation (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz)
- covers up to 1,500 square feet with fast, secure Wi-Fi
- AX1800 Wi-Fi (600+1200 Mbps)
- up to 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band
- up to 1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band
- powerful quad-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices
- OFDMA improves network capacity and efficiency so more devices can connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- Nighthawk® app helps you monitor, control, and troubleshoot your home network
- five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) with auto-sensing technology
- one USB 3.0 port
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA3)
- 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters
- automatic firmware and security updates
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-1/16"D
- weight: 1.23 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RAX20-100NAS
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- "Update the Firmwware" note
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
NETGEAR RAX20 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR RAX20
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.8 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||600 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||1200 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||1|
WiFi 6 Technology: The NETGEAR 4-Stream AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20), built with the latest generation WiFi 6 technology, provides greater capacity to handle more devices on your network and speeds up to 1.8Gbps, ensuring that you can enjoy blazing fast Internet connections on all your devices. WiFi 6 is the latest generation of WiFi that delivers 4x better performance than AC WiFi for a huge boost in speed and total capacity. This new standard of WiFi is designed to support more devices with better reliability and faster speeds. WiFi 6 is also backward compatible with earlier WiFi generation devices (including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac).
1500 Sq/Ft Range: The 4-Stream AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) with additional high-power external antennas provides WiFi connectivity throughout your home for all your Internet-enabled devices. Experience reliable and stronger WiFi coverage indoors and outdoors for all your devices. High-performance antennas, pre-optimized for best peformance, on the router amplify WiFi signals for maximized range and reliable coverage. This next-gen router is recommended for small to medium homes, up to 1500 sq. ft. with 20 or more connected devices.
Powerful Quad-Core Processor: The AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) is powered by a quad-core processor designed to transfer gigabits of data with almost zero CPU load. Robust processing power provides the best performance across all wired and wireless devices. The quad-core processor ensures superior performance for connect real-time applications such as multimedia streaming, online gaming, and audio/video chats. It aslo features a 256MB Flash and 512MB RAM memory.
Dual Band WiFi with 4 Streams: Simultaneous dual band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz (600Mbps) for legacy devices and 5GHz (1200Mbps) which is less interference-prone for media streaming. Simultaneious dual band WiFi technology reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices with fast download speeds up to 600+1200Mbps.
- 2.4GHz: 600Mbps, 40/20 MHz 1024/256-QAM
- 5GHz: 1200Mbps, 80/40/20 MHz 1024-QAM
4 Stream MU-MIMO: The WiFi 6 router supports multi-user MIMO transmission technology. Four WiFi streams (two in the 2.4GHz band and two in the 5GHz band) enable the router to send and receive more data from your network devices. Essentially, more spatial streams means more available bandwidth and less congestion for all the devices in the WiFi network. As a result, you'll maintain fast and reliable wireless connections throughout your home, even when multiple devices are concurrently streaming UHD content.
OFDMA with Intelligent Scheduling: Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network. This increased or available bandwidth allows you to add more devices to your network. The AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) supports uplink and downlink OFDMA to efficiently use air-time with better frequency reuse, reduced latency, and increased network efficiency. This is extremely useful for latency sensitive applications such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and Internet of things (IoT) sensors.
Beamforming: Beamforming boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming the router & device communicate with each other, so the router can directly beam the WiFi signal to the device. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The NETGEAR AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) is outfitted with five 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN / 4 LAN) with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices
USB 3.0 Port: The USB-A 3.0 port on the AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) can be used for faster backup and easy access to your stored media. USB 3.0 is up to 10x faster than USB 2.0.
Nighthawk App: The Nighthawk App for Apple iOS 10.0+ & Android OS 4.2+ makes it easy and intuitive to setup and use the NETGEAR AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20). With the Nighthawk app, you can install your router using very few steps - just connect your mobile device to the default network, and the app will walk you through the rest. The app automatically updates the router to the latest firmware, allows you to personalize your WiFi network, and even help register your router with NETGEAR. At the end of installation, an easy to use overview screen provides quick way to see what your network credentials are so you don't have to write it down on a piece of paper. The overview screen also shows you all connected devices and links you to helpful support information related to your router.
Voice Control: When you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa or Google Assistant, you can use voice commands to configure your router's settings. You can also ask Alexa or Google Assistant to send your network credentials to your Alexa or Google Home app, which makes accessing your credentials more convenient while still keeping your information secure. The following voice commands are supported -
- Alexa or Ok Google, ask NETGEAR to enable the guest network
- Alexa or Ok Google, ask NETGEAR to disable the guest network
- Alexa or Ok Google, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router
- Alexa or Ok Google, ask NETGEAR to send me my WiFi settings
- Before you enable your NETGEAR router to work with Alexa or Google Assistant, you must download the The Nighthawk App for (Apple iOS 10.0+ & Android OS 4.2+), create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- You'll also need to enable the "NETGEAR Skill" within the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) or Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
- You can only have one digital voice assistant (Alexa or Google) activated.
High Security: Maintain high security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it's preventing phishing & spyware, the NETGEAR AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) has you covered.
- Latest Security Standards: The WiFit 6 router supports WPA3, the latest WiFi security protocol with new capabilities to enhance WiFi protection for your home network. Features such as improved password-based authentication and stronger encryption provide high-level of security for all connected devices on your network. Automatic firmware updates deliver the latest security patches to the router.
- VPN Support: VPN support offers secure remote access for telecommuters giving you secure access to your home network away from home.
- Parental Controls: Keep your Internet browsing experience safe and secure with free parental controls. It allows you to limit access to certain web sites at certain times. For example no social networking or gaming site access after dinner time.
- Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
- Personal FTP Server: With your customized free URL, you can use FTP to access your network when you aren't home through Dynamic DNS.
System Requirements: Make sure your home network meets the following system requirements.
- Operating Systems: Supports Microsoft Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux.
- Internet Browser: Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome 55 or higher, Firefox 45 or higher, and Safari 10 or higher.
- Internet Connection: Broadband (cable, DSL) Internet service and modem with Ethernet connection.
Auto Firmware Updates: You can configure the Nighthawk app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device to automatically update the routers firmware over a wireless network internet connection. Click here for the latest firmware updates from NETGEAR.
AC Power Adapter: The NETGEAR AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Mounting Options: The AX1800 WiFi 6 Router (RAX20) can simply be placed on a flat-surface table-top or it can be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).
2 questions already asked