About the NETGEAR Orbi AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi® System (RBK13)
Fill your large home with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
Fill your large home with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
NETGEAR has been a pioneer in creating powerful mesh networks, but they've never rested on their laurels. This version of the Orbi system is more compact and affordable than previous systems like the original RBK50 model, but it still provides the reliable wireless coverage you need for a larger home.
The main router module plugs in wherever your modem is located, and broadcasts wireless signal to the satellites, which repeat and boost it throughout your home. Used together, the modules can cover up to 4,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi. And the router and satellites use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
Smart features for busy networks
Having broad coverage is nice, but this system helps you use your bandwidth intelligently, too. Beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of your Wi-Fi connection. MU-MIMO (multiple user-multiple input/multiple output) creates more fast streams for households with multiple users and several connected devices.
Download the free Orbi app to make setup, monitoring, and control very easy.
A safe, secure network
NETGEAR Armor™, an optional subscription service, provides comprehensive anti-virus & data theft protection for your connected devices. You can even receive notifications via the Orbi app any time a threat is detected and dispatched. A free 30-day trial of this service is included. And your wireless network is protected by 128-bit AES encryption with PSK.
You can also control access to your network. You can set up separate, secure internet access for guests, so you don't have to give out your personal password. And you can monitor your children's access via Circle® Smart parental controls. (Basic parental controls are free; subscription required for advanced controls after 30-day free trial.)
- Orbi router with two satellite boosters covers up to 4,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
- AC1200 Wi-Fi (400 + 866 Mbps)
- up to 866 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- preconfigured for fast, easy setup with your existing network
- router and satellites use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) for seamless operation with all your devices, anywhere in your home
- two high-performance internal antennas in each module
- implicit and explicit beamforming offers improved Wi-Fi performance with newer and older devices
- MU-MIMO capable for simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices
- powerful quad-core 710MHz processor in each module
- free NETGEAR Orbi app available for Apple® and Android™ devices
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- NETGEAR Armor™ provides comprehensive anti-virus & data theft protection (subscription required after 30-day free trial)
- 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- Circle® Smart parental controls (basic parental controls are free; subscription required for advanced controls after 30-day free trial)
- separate, secure internet access for guests
- one WAN and one LAN port (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- memory: 256MB flash and 512MB RAM
- 4-1/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 9.44 oz.
- 4-1/8"W x 2-3/4"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 8.64 oz. each
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NET-RBK13-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Orbi router (RBR10)
- Orbi satellites (RBS10)
- 3 AC power adapters (attached 6' DC cords)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- Quick STart Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi® System (RBK13)
Whole Home WiFi System: The Orbi RBK13 WiFi System creates dedicated high-speed WiFi connections to your Internet service. The Orbi system includes a router and two satellites. The router connects to your modem or gateway (not included), while the satellite extends the WiFi signal throughout your home. This 3-pack WiFi system provides reliable WiFi coverage up to 4,500 sq/ft throughout your home.
ISP Compatibility: The Orbi RBK13 WiFi System is compatible with all internet service providers (ISP) and recommended for homes with over 50Mbps Internet plans. Just connect to your modem to create high-speed WiFi for your whole home. Unlike some WiFi systems, Orbi works with your existing gateway or modem and Internet service provider right out of the box. You won't need to change your current equipment to use the Orbi WiFi Home System. Orbi uses a single WiFi name (SSID) and with just a couple of clicks, your secure WiFi network will be ready in no time.
- If your gateway or modem has router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, choose AP mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
- If your gateway or modem does not have router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, select router mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
Note: After your existing WiFi is disabled, you can use that WiFi network name for your Orbi network.
One Network Name: Orbi provides a single WiFi network for your entire house. With Orbi, you have one network name and password, and you don't need to change networks as you move around your home. In contrast, extenders work by repeating the WiFi signal of your router to other parts of your house. As a result, with an extender, you have two different WiFi networks to connect to - one for your router and another for your range extender. That means you need to reconnect based on where you are in your home. Orbi creates a single high speed network that gives your entire home complete coverage. Orbi dynamically optimizes your connections for you without having to reconnect.
710MHz Quad-Core Processor: A powerful quad-core 710MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity, while a 256GB flash memory and 512MB RAM offers reliable throughput.
Dual-Band WiFi: Dual-band WiFi gives you the maximum flexibility when it comes to setting up a home network. Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi provides two separate WiFi networks - 2.4GHz for legacy devices and 5GHz which is less interference-prone for media streaming. Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices.
- 2.4GHz: max 400 Mbps (802.11 b/g/n)
- 5GHz: max 866 Mbps (802.11 a/n/ac)
802.11ac: NETGEAR's Orbi features a WiFi 802.11ac chipset for fast download speeds. It is also backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n devices. Next generation 802.11ac WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz) avoids wireless interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds (up to 12Gbps) and reliable connections.
Amplified Antennas: High-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity throughout larger homes for all your Internet-enabled devices.
Advanced WiFi Technologies: With features like MU-MIMO, WMM QoS, & Beamforming, you get enhanced speed and increased reliability so you can roam freely throughout your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- WMM QoS: WMM QoS prioritizes WiFi data packets from different applications based on four access categories - voice, video, best effort, and background.
- Beamforming: Beamforming boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz band. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
UPnP: Universal Plug N Play (UPnP) helps devices, such as Internet appliances and computers, access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The NETGEAR Orbi router is fitted with two 10/100/1000 (1 WAN / 1 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN port is used to connect a local network device. The Orbi satellite are not equipped with Ethernet ports.
Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
Placement: The Orbi router should be positioned near your modem and in the middle of your home, while the satellites are placed in separate locations throughout your home. One of the Orbi satellites must be within range of the Orbi router's WiFi signal. The other Orbi satellite needs to be within range of the Orbi router's or other Orbi satellite's WiFi signal (but not both). At least one Orbi satellite must be within range of the Orbi router. Use the Orbi satellites' LED indicators to help you determine where to place the satellites.
NETGEAR Orbi App: Use the NETGEAR Orbi app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android 4.2+), now with a new dashboard, to install & personalize the Orbi Home WiFi System. The NETGEAR Orbi app makes it easy to set up and personalize your Orbi WiFi System. With the app, you can install the Orbi mesh network system in just a few steps; simply connect your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup Smart Parental Controls and much more.
- Parental Controls & Internet Filter: Parents can filter online content and limit time online as well as set an Internet bedtime for every connected device in the home. Easily pause the Internet and check what kids are up to online.
- Remote Management: The Orbi app lets you easily monitor and control your home WiFi from anywhere. You can even setup Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands for your network using the new remote management feature.
Voice Control: Control your Orbi mesh WiFi network with voice commands using Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant (devices sold separately). When you enable the Orbi to work with Alexa or Google Assistant, you can use voice commands to configure your router's settings. You can also ask Alexa or Google to send your network credentials to your smartphone or tablet, which makes accessing your credentials more convenient while still keeping your information secure. In addition, you can ask Alexa or Google to enable/disable the guest network and reboot the router.
- Before you enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa or Google, you must download the NETGEAR Orbi app, create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- There are two ways to enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa or Google. You can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill," or "Ok Google, talk to NETGEAR," or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa or Google Home app.
NETGEAR Armor: NETGEAR Armor is an advanced cyber threat protection for your home network and all your connected devices (including computers, smartphones, and tablets). Download the NETGEAR Orbi App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android 4.2+) to activate NETGEAR Armor and receive real-time security updates. At the end of the free trial period, a $69.99 per year subscription covers all your connected devices. NETGEAR Armor empowers you to eliminate vulnerabilities or simply know the status of your home network and devices, anytime, anywhere. Get instant notifications when malicious threats are detected, block unknown devices from joining your home network or take action on vulnerabilities as they are discovered easily through the NETGEAR Orbi App.
- Online Security: A critical layer of online security, NETGEAR Armor actively safeguards you from cyber threats, such as ransomware, malware, botnets and more, by actively blocking known malicious sites and applications. Instant notifications warn you whenever you or someone in your family visit websites that may try to scam, infect or steal your personal information
- Vulnerability Checks: Hackers are constantly finding new ways to target devices, such as thermostats, lights, appliances, outlets and cameras that can lead to unauthorized access, data theft, or malicious attacks. NETGEAR Armor regularly scans all Internet connected devices to keep you safer from potential security vulnerabilities. Armor also checks for open ports, password strength, firmware versions, and other potential security weaknesses. Scanning is fast and with minimal impact on your system performance, since it occurs in the cloud to maximize power and efficiency.
- Device Protections: Advanced cyber-security on your WiFi router is good. Added security on your router, plus all your smartphones, tablets, and computers is even better. NETGEAR Armor comes with award winning Bitdefender cyber-security for all your Windows and macOS computers, as well as Android and Apple iOS devices. Take this extra security wherever you go, whether it be to your local cafe or on the road and knowing you have an extra layer of protection against cyber threats. To download BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY, go to armor-install.com on the device you want to install local protection on.
Circle With Disney App: The Circle with Disney App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.2+) is a smart way for families to manage content and time online, on any connected device. Filtering content and balancing online usage has never been easier. From devices on your home network, both wireless and wired, to connected devices, the Circle with Disney App has you covered. Customizing the Circle with Disney App for your unique family is quick and easy. The Circle with Disney app offers a free Basic subscription or a paid Premium subscription.
- Basic (Free): Offers Filters, Pause, History, Ad Block, Safe Search for every member of the family.
- Premium ($4.99/month or $49.99/year): Offers Filters, Pause, History, Ad Block, Safe Search, Time Limits, Bedtime, Off Time, Usage, and Rewards for every member of the family.
Firmware Updates: Click here for the latest firmware updates.