About the NETGEAR Orbi Voice (RBK50V)
Mesh Wi-Fi plus a voice-controlled speaker
Mesh Wi-Fi plus a voice-controlled speaker
This system offers the strong, fast Wi-Fi of a NETGEAR mesh router system, paired with the convenience of a voice-controlled speaker. Connect the Orbi router to your modem with the included Ethernet cable, then sync it with the Orbi Voice smart speaker, and you'll have 4,000 feet of seamless Wi-Fi coverage, the ability to stream music from some of your favorite sources, and voice control via Amazon Alexa.
No need to pore over old-fashioned paper instruction booklets. Just plug the Orbi router into your existing high-speed modem and use the free NETGEAR Orbi app — available for Apple® and Android™ devices — to set up the network. You'll be enjoying speedy streaming and internet access shortly.
- Orbi router with smart speaker/satellite booster covers up to 4,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- voice control via Amazon Alexa
- AC2200 tri-band Wi-Fi:
- 2.4GHz (400Mbps) + 5GHz (867Mbps)
- 5GHz (867Mbps) dedicated Wi-Fi link for fast connection between router and satellite
- router and satellite use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) for seamless operation with all your devices, anywhere in your home
- fast, easy setup and control via Orbi app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- manage screen time for children with parental controls
- 78" Ethernet cable included
- system warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Orbi router (RBR20):
- powerful quad-core 710MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- four amplified internal antennas generate fast, secure tri-band Wi-Fi
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- MU-MIMO allows simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices
- Ethernet ports (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit) for wired connections:
- 1 WAN port for connecting to modem and 1 LAN port for connecting downstream devices
- 256MB flash memory and 512MB RAM
- 2-7/16"W x 6-5/8"H x 5-5/8"D
- weight: 1.05 lbs.
Orbi Voice satellite/speaker:
- designed by Harman Kardon for premium sound
- stream music from Spotify®, Pandora®, Amazon Music, Deezer, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio
- 3-1/2" woofer with 1" tweeter
- peak power: 35 watts
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- four mics with far-field voice recognition
- 2 LAN ports for connecting downstream devices
- 4-15/16"W x 8-5/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- MFR # RBK50V-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Orbi router (RBR50)
- Orbi voice satellite (RBS40V)
- 2 AC power adapters (attached 6' DC cords)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Circle on Negear Setup
NETGEAR Orbi Voice (RBK50V) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi Voice (RBK50V)
Whole-Home Coverage: One Orbi Voice system (router and one satellite) can cover up to 4,500 square feet, which meets the needs of the large majority of US homes. In addition, NETGEAR offers add-on satellites (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to blanket even larger areas with tri-band WiFi that uses one network name and password.
Note: An Orbi Voice mesh WiFi system can support up to one Orbi router and three Orbi satellites for a maximum coverage area of 8,500 square feet.
ISP Compatibility: Unlike some WiFi systems, Orbi Voice works with your existing gateway or modem and Internet service provider right out of the box. You won't need to change your current equipment to use the Orbi WiFi Home System. Orbi Voice uses a single WiFi name (SSID) and with just a couple of clicks, your secure WiFi network will be ready in no time.
- If your gateway or modem has router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, choose AP mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
- If your gateway or modem does not have router functionality, when you set up the Orbi network, select router mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve?performance.
Note: After your existing WiFi is disabled, you can use that WiFi network name for your Orbi network.
One Network Name: Orbi Voice provides a single WiFi network for your entire house. With Orbi, you have one network name and password, and you don't need to change networks as you move around your home. In contrast, extenders work by repeating the WiFi signal of your router to other parts of your house. As a result, with an extender, you have two different WiFi networks to connect to - one for your router and another for your range extender. That means you need to reconnect based on where you are in your home. Orbi creates a single high speed network that gives your entire home complete coverage. Orbi dynamically optimizes your connections for you without having to reconnect.
710MHz Quad-Core Processor: A powerful quad-core 710MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity, while a 4GB flash memory and 512MB RAM offers improved throughput.
Tri-Band WiFi w/ FastLane 3 Technology: Orbi Voice uses tri-band WiFi with FastLane 3 Technology to keep your Internet running at maximum speeds, no matter how many devices connect. The tri-band WiFi that powers Orbi includes a dedicated 1.7Gbps 5GHz band solely for extending Internet speeds to Orbi satellites. This enables the other two WiFi bands to be dedicated to all connected devices across an entire home. Tri-band WiFi ensures that your Orbi WiFi System provides both reliable WiFi coverage and maximum Internet speed throughout your home.
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1733 Mbps on first 802.11ac band
- up to 867 Mbps on second 802.11ac band
- up to 3GBps total WiFi speeds
Note: In contrast, range extenders do not offer tri-band WiFi. Extenders increase the range of your router by receiving and retransmitting your data using the same radio and channel, essentially transmitting your data twice.?Retransmission can reduce by half the data available to you in the far corners of a large home. While extenders are a simple and cost-effective way to boost router signals, the lower data rate and second network are less effective for large homes with high-data users.
802.11ac: NETGEAR's Orbi Voice features a WiFi 802.11ac chipset for fast download speeds. It is also backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n devices. Next generation 802.11ac WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz) avoids wireless interference and provides whole home coverage ensuring top WiFi speeds and reliable connections.
Amplified Antennas: The Orbi router and satellite are equipped with high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers to provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity throughout larger homes for all your Internet-enabled devices. The router has a total of six antennas, while the satellite has four antennas.
Advanced WiFi Technologies: With features like MU-MIMO, WMM QoS, & Beamforming, you get enhanced speed and increased reliability so you can roam freely throughout your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- WMM QoS: WMM QoS prioritizes WiFi data packets from different applications based on four access categories - voice, video, best effort, and background.
- Beamforming: Beamforming boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz band. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
UPnP: Universal Plug N Play (UPnP) helps devices, such as Internet appliances and computers, access the network and connect to other devices as needed. UPnP devices can automatically discover the services from other registered UPnP devices on the network.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The NETGEAR Orbi router is fitted with four 10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 3 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Orbi satellite is also fitted with two Ethernet LAN ports to connect home networking equipment, such as a NAS storage system, TV, gaming console, etc..
Guest Network Access: Separate & secure access for guests. Guest networks create a completely separate WiFi network for your guests' devices, ensuring they do not have access to your home network or to the shared USB hard drive with all your personal data.
Placement: The Orbi router should be positioned near your modem, while the Orbi satellite should be placed in the middle of your home. If you are using more than one Orbi satellite, place the Orbi router in the middle of your home with the satellites placed in separate locations. If you have a multi-level house, place the satellites on different floors.
- Orbi Mesh WiFi Router Dimensions: 6.75" (w) x 9.0" (h) x 3.75" (d)
- Orbi Satellite Smart Speaker Dimensions: 6.5" (w) x 8.75" (h) x 5.5" (d)
AC Power Adapters: Both the Orbi router & satellite include an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
USB-A 2.0 Port (Future Use): The Orbi router features a USB-A 2.0 port for future use (no ETA), so you can wirelessly access and share USB hard drives.
Firmware & Software Updates: Click here for the latest firmware & software updates.
Orbi Voice Satellite Speaker: Orbi Voice system includes an Orbi satellite with a built-in smart speaker featuring Amazon Alexa, combining Orbi's award-winning mesh WiFi technology with great sound and voice control.
Note: Only the Orbi satellite has the built-in speaker, microphone, and Amazon Alexa. The Orbi router is not equipped with a built-in speaker, microphone, or Alexa.
Voice Control w/ Amazon Alexa: Thanks to its built-in far-field microphones (4 total) and embedded Amazon Alexa software, the Orbi satellite speaker provides voice control over the Orbi mesh WiFi network system, as well as your smart home devices, online music services, and more.
- Before you enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa, you must download the NETGEAR Orbi app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.2+), create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- There are two ways to enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa. You can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill" or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+).
Note: No separate Alexa-enabled device is required, but can be used with other Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
Harman/Kardon Sound: Built-in premium audio by Harman/Kardon?delivers exceptionally rich, room-filling sound providing an impactful and captivating listening experience. The Orbi satellite speaker is equipped with a 1" tweeter and 3.5" woofer that is powered by a built-in 35 watt amplifier for a frequency response of 63Hz to 20kHz. Use the equalizer within the NETGEAR Orbi app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.2+) to adjust the bass, treble, and more on the Orbi Voice satellite speaker.
Voice Control Functions: Use the Orbi satellite speaker's built-in Alexa to adjust settings on the Orbi mesh WiFi network system, play music from your favorite online music services, control your connected smarthome devices and entertainment components, get updates on sports/news/weather, or answers to questions.
- Music: Alexa provides control of a variety of online music services and support multi-room audio
distribution when paired with other Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
- Online Music Services: Amazon Alexa provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through your Alexa device. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
- Multi-Room Audio: Multi-Room Music allows you to play and control music from Amazon, Amazon Unlimited, Amazon Prime, and some other 3rd-pary music providers across multiple, compatible Echo devices at the same time. You can tell Alexa to play music across your compatible Echo devices on the same WiFi network. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the family room, or play the same song throughout your whole home. To stream different music on multiple devices or on more than one Multi-Room Music group at the same time, you must have an Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan.
- Smart Home Devices: Alexa offers control of smart home automation and entertainment devices.
- Automation: Amazon Alexa works with devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more.?Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- Entertainment: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including? Sonos, Heos by Denon, Bose SoundTouch, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately); as well as Sony Android TVs and LG AI ThinQ TVs (sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions and features by simply using voice commands.
- IFTTT: Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules (or "Applets"). After you activate an Applet through the IFTTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the Orbi satellite speaker.
- Information: Alexa provides news, weather, and sports updates; as well answers to many of your daily
- News, Weather & Sports: Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times. Flash Briefing lets you put together a personalized lineup of updates from news sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, and CNET. If you've set up a voice profile, Alexa recognizes your voice and can catch you up on the latest without repeating old news. Alexa can help you get ready for your day. Set your commute start and stop point, and Alexa can tell you how long your commute will take. Or ask Alexa how the weather's looking. Get scores and schedules for the major football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer leagues or set up a personalized Sports Update to keep tabs on your favorite teams. Alexa can even tell you movie show-times at theaters near you.
- Questions & Answers: Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
Alexa App: The Alexa App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is a free companion to your Alexa device for setup, remote control, and enhanced features.?Interactions with Alexa are automatically mirrored visually on your Amazon Alexa App, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms, music, and more.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of Amazon Alexa. Alexa uses tens of thousands of skills and counting; new skills are being added all the time. You can search for and enable skills in the?Alexa app?or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app.?If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill."?Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, the same music content is available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
NETGEAR Orbi App: Use the NETGEAR Orbi app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.2+) to setup and personalize the Orbi Home WiFi System. The NETGEAR Orbi app makes it easy to set up and personalize your Orbi WiFi System. With the app, you can install the Orbi mesh network system in just a few steps; simply connect your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest.?Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup Smart Parental Controls and much more.
- Parental Controls & Internet Filter: Parents can filter online content and limit time online as well as set an Internet bedtime for every connected device in the home. Easily pause the Internet and check what kids are up to online.
- Remote Management: The Orbi app lets you easily monitor and control your home WiFi from anywhere. You can even setup Amazon Alexa voice commands for your network using the new remote management feature.
NETGEAR Armor: NETGEAR Armor is an advanced cyber threat protection for your home network and all your connected devices (including computers, smartphones, and tablets). Download the NETGEAR Orbi App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.2+) to activate NETGEAR Armor and receive real-time security updates. At the end of the free trial period, a $69.99 per year subscription covers all your connected devices. NETGEAR Armor empowers you to eliminate vulnerabilities or simply know the status of your home network and devices, anytime, anywhere. Get instant notifications when malicious threats are detected, block unknown devices from joining your home network or take action on vulnerabilities as they are discovered easily through the NETGEAR Orbi App.
- Online Security: A critical layer of online security, NETGEAR Armor actively safeguards you from cyber threats, such as ransomware, malware, botnets and more, by actively blocking known malicious sites and applications. Instant notifications warn you whenever you or someone in your family visit websites that may try to scam, infect or steal your personal information
- Vulnerability Checks: Hackers are constantly finding new ways to target devices, such as thermostats, lights, appliances, outlets and cameras that can lead to unauthorized access, data theft, or malicious attacks. NETGEAR Armor regularly scans all Internet connected devices to keep you safer from potential security vulnerabilities. Armor also checks for open ports, password strength, firmware versions, and other potential security weaknesses.?Scanning is fast and with minimal impact on your system performance, since it occurs in the cloud to maximize power and efficiency.
- Device Protections: Advanced cyber-security on your WiFi router is good. Added security on your router, plus all your smartphones, tablets, and computers is even better.? NETGEAR Armor comes with award winning Bitdefender cyber-security for all your Windows and macOS computers, as well as Android and Apple iOS devices. Take this extra security wherever you go, whether it be to your local cafe or on the road and knowing you have an extra layer of protection against cyber threats.?To download BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY 2019, go to?armor-install.com?on the device you want to install local protection on.
Circle With Disney App: The Circle with Disney App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.2+) is a smart way for families to manage content and time online, on any connected device. Filtering content and balancing online usage has never been easier. From devices on your home network, both wireless and wired, to connected devices, the Circle with Disney App has you covered. Customizing the Circle with Disney App for your unique family is quick and easy. The Circle with Disney app offers a free Basic subscription or a paid Premium subscription.
- Basic (Free): Offers Filters, Pause, History, Ad Block, Safe Search for every member of the family.
- Premium ($4.99/month or $49.99/year): Offers Filters, Pause, History, Ad Block, Safe Search, Time Limits, Bedtime, Off Time, Usage, and Rewards for every member of the family.