About the NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 Satellite
Extend the range of your mesh network
Extend the range of your mesh network
If you've already established an AX4200 mesh network, but you need just a little more coverage, this satellite module integrates easily with your existing system, and adds another 2,500 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6. It shares the same network ID with your existing Orbi network, so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam around your property. And it offers access to all the built-in features Orbi is known for.
Multiple streams, no waiting
MU-MIMO (multi-user, multi-input, multi-output) allows simultaneous streaming to multiple devices, so everyone in a large home can have glitch-free access to the internet at the same time. Each of the eight streams takes on a portion of your home's overall wireless traffic, reducing or eliminating lag and buffering, for smoother, faster performance with streaming devices.
Easy installation and voice control
The NETGEAR Orbi app can walk you through the process of adding additional satellites. And the app gives you access to settings and performance monitoring via your mobile device. And once you have the network configured the way you like, you can issue voice commands to your system via Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices.
This satellite offers 128-bit AES encryption with PSK. And built-in NETGEAR Armor™ (subscription required) provides anti-virus and data theft protection for your PC, Mac® and mobile devices.
- satellite booster adds up to 2,500 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 to your Orbi mesh network
- preconfigured for fast, easy setup with your existing network
- router (not included) and satellite use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) for seamless operation with all your devices, anywhere in your home
- 6 amplified, high-performance internal antennas
- 2 Ethernet LAN ports for downstream devices
- voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices
- easy setup and network management via free NETGEAR Orbi app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- AX4200 Wi-Fi (600 + 1200 + 2400 Mbps)
- up to 600 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 1,200 Mbps on first 5GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on second 5GHz band — dedicated band for communication between router and satellite
- powerful quad-core 1.4GHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- security features:
- WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and WPA3
- 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- NETGEAR Armor™ (subscription required) provides anti-virus & data theft protection for your PC, Mac® and mobile devices
- 78" Ethernet cable included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-1/4"W x 9-1/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- weight: 1.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RBS750-100NAS
What's in the box:
- One Orbi WiFi 6 add-on satellite
- AC Power supply w/6' DC cord (12VDC/2.5A output)
- Quickstart guide
- NETGEAR Orbi app QR codes
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 Satellite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 Satellite
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Tri-band 4.2Gbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Orbi WiFi 6 Add-On Satellite: The Orbi RBS750 Tri-Band WiFi 6 Add-On Satellite lets you easily add 2,500 sq. ft. of powerful WiFi coverage to your Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh system (sold separately). The Orbi WiFi 6 satellite creates a dedicated WiFi connection with the convenience of a single WiFi name for your whole home or office.
- The Orbi WiFi 6 Add-On Mesh Satellite is not a stand alone device and requires an Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 Router (sold separately).
- Not compatible with Orbi WiFi 5 systems or other brands of wireless routers.
Processor & Antennas: The Orbi RBS750 features a 1.4GHz processor and 6 high-performance internal antennas with high-power amplifiers, ensuring smooth and stable streaming.
Advanced WiFi Technologies: With features like simultaneous Tri-Band WiFi, MU-MIMO, & Beamforming, you get enhanced speeds up to 4.2Gbps and increased reliability so you can roam freely inside your home without fear of slow or dropped connections.
- Tri-Band WiFi: The Orbi RBS750 add-on satellite uses
tri-band WiFi to keep your Internet running at maximum speeds, no matter how
many devices are connected.
- Band 1: 600Mbps @ 2.4GHZ
- Band 2: 1200Mbps @ 5GHz
- Band 3: 2400Mbps @ 5GHz
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR WiFi 6 satellite, when paired with a compatible Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh router, can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- Beamforming: Beamforming boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on 2.4 and 5GHz band. The result is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection that is locked in even when the device is moved around the home.
WPS: The RBS750 features a WPS button for "Push & Connect" connectivity to your compatible WiFi router.
NETGEAR Orbi App: Use the NETGEAR Orbi app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android 4.2+), now with a new dashboard, to install & personalize the Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh add-on satellite with your existing Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh router. The NETGEAR Orbi app makes it easy to set up and personalize the Orbi Mesh WiFi System. With the app, you can install the Orbi mesh network system in just a few steps; simply connect your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, setup Smart Parental Controls and much more.
- Parental Controls & Internet Filter: Parents can filter online content and limit time online as well as set an Internet bedtime for every connected device in the home. Easily pause the Internet and check what kids are up to online.
- Remote Management: The Orbi app lets you easily monitor and control your home WiFi from anywhere. You can even setup Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands for your network using the new remote management feature.
Voice Control: Control your Orbi mesh WiFi network with voice commands using Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant (devices sold separately). When you enable the Orbi to work with Alexa or Google Assistant, you can use voice commands to configure your router's settings. You can also ask Alexa or Google to send your network credentials to your smartphone or tablet, which makes accessing your credentials more convenient while still keeping your information secure. In addition, you can ask Alexa or Google to enable/disable the guest network and reboot the router.
- Before you enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa or Google, you must download the NETGEAR Orbi app, create a remote access account, and register your router with your remote access account.
- There are two ways to enable the Orbi router to work with Alexa or Google. You can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill," or "Ok Google, talk to NETGEAR," or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa or Google Home app.
Mounting: The Orbi RBS750 add-on satellite is designed to sit on a table-top or shelf and features rubberized anti-slip pads along the bottom of the unit.
Power: The RBS750 is powered by the included AC power supply with attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/2.5A output).