About the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AX6000 Router (SXR80)
Strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 for your business
Strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 for your business
This single NETGEAR Orbi Pro SXR80 router delivers up to 3,000 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6. It offers several special features that can be customized to suit a single office location, and you can add additional modules to increase coverage as your business grows. There are eight amplified, high-performance internal antennas in each module for reliable connectivity. With up to six Gigabits of tri-band Wi-Fi, it gives you plenty of lanes to keep your data flowing — crucial for high productivity throughout the workday.
A capable network multi-tasker
This router and satellite are designed to handle serious traffic. MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices, and beamforming boosts the speed, reliability and range of your Wi-Fi connection. Built-in Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices.
Versatile configuration options for commercial use
Home users rarely require more than a single primary SSID (Wi-Fi network) for the house, plus maybe a guest network. This mesh system offers four assignable SSID networks for different use cases: administration, guests, employee devices, and internet of things (IoT) devices. And each network has individually configurable VLAN (administrator and security) settings. There's a local administrator user interface (UI) for setup and maintenance, and the NETGEAR Insight app allows secure installation, plus cloud and local management.
- Enterprise-class Orbi router delivers 3,000 square feet of Wi-Fi 6 coverage with flexible configuration for commercial use
- mesh network can be expanded by adding more modules (not included)
- 8 amplified, high-performance internal antennas
- AX6000 Wi-Fi (1200 + 2400 + 2400 Mbps)
- up to 1,200 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on first 5GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on second 5GHz band — dedicated band for communication between router and optional satellites
- MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- 1 Gigabit or 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet WAN or LAN port
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with optional link aggregation
- 78" Ethernet cable included
- 4 assignable SSIDs allow you to create independent secured Wi-Fi networks (administration, guest, employee devices, and IoT devices)
- flexible VLAN configuration on all four SSID networks
- default client isolation on guest SSID; configurable on others
- WPS/WPA2/WPA3 support
- NETGEAR Insight app for secure installation plus cloud and local management
- local admin UI for feature setting and maintenance
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-3/4"W x 10-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 2.06 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SXR80-100NAS
What's in the box:
- Orbi Pro router
- AC Power supply w/attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/3.5A output)
- 6.5' Ethernet cable (RJ-45 connectors on both ends)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Drywall anchors w/screws
- Two 10mm machine screws
- Quickstart guide
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
NETGEAR Orbi Pro AX6000 Router (SXR80) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AX6000 Router (SXR80)
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Tri-Band 6.0 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||1200 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||2400 Mbps|
|5.8GHz band||2400 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Business Network: NETGEAR's Orbi Pro SXR80 (AX6000) router can provide a dedicated high-speed WiFi connection for your small business. The Orbi Pro router connects to your network modem and provides up to 3000' of WiFi coverage. The SXR80 lets you configure up to 4 separate SSIDs - Administration, Employee devices, Guest WiFi, and IoT (Internet of Things) devices, for added security. You can add up to four SXS80 satellites (sold separately) for additional WiFi coverage, with each satellite providing an additional 3,000 square/feet. Orbi SXS80 Satellites are designed to automatically pair to your SXR80 Router.
- The SXR80 WiFi router does not contain a modem. You will still need a separate modem from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) with an active subscription plan.
- The Orbi Pro router requires a hardwired Ethernet connection to your existing network modem.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Aggregation: Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (one 2.5G/1G WAN & four 1G LAN) on the SXR80 Router allow you to connect multiple wired devices. The WAN port is used to connect your internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. Two LAN ports on the Router can be aggregated for faster LAN transfer. The LAN ports let you connect multiple devices for your business, such as printers, IP phones, digital billboards, and more.
Orbi Tri-Band Mesh Technology: NETGEAR Orbi's Tri-band technology creates the ultimate WiFi experience. Innovative Tri-band WiFi can provide the fastest internet speeds available for your business on every device. 4x4 transmit & receive radios on all three bands can provide up to 6.0Gbps throughput and a 2.4Gbps backhaul.
- 5GHz (ax): 1024 QAM support, up to 2.4Gbps
- 5GHz (ax): 1024 QAM 20/40/80MHz, up to 2.4Gbps
- 2.4GHz (ax): 256 QAM support, up to 1,200Mbps
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): With 4X more capacity than WiFi 5 (802.11ac), WiFi 6 (802.11ax) is the ideal solution for your ever-growing smart home. Connect over 60 devices without affecting speed or reliability. Additional WiFi technologies include -
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- TWT (Target Wait Time): Designed to conserve battery power on IoT (Internet of Things) devices, TWT allows the Mesh system to define a specific time or set of times for IoT devices to access the wireless network.
- Beamforming+ (Explicit & Implicit): Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ (Explicit), the router actively tracks connected devices and directs power to the router antenna closest to the client device. With Beamforming+ (Implicit), the router can use information from client devices that support Implicit Beamforming for even greater WiFi speed, reliability, and range.
8 Amplified Antennas: The Orbi Pro router is equipped with 8 high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers to provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity for all your Internet-enabled devices.
Setup: The NETGEAR SXR80 can be initially setup using a computer or laptop connected to one of the LAN ports on the router, or using a wireless connection on the same network as the SXR80. If setting up via a wireless connection from a mobile device, search and select the network name and enter the provided password. Both the network name and password are printed on the bottom of the SXR80 Router. Once initial setup is completed, the SXR80 router can be managed from your mobile device using the NETGEAR Insight app.
NETGEAR Insight: After using the built-in web interface to setup the router, you can use the NETGEAR Insight app and your Insight subscription to manage and monitor your Orbi network remotely. Download the NETGEAR Insight App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) to activate NETGEAR Insight and receive real-time security updates. NETGEAR Insight provides secured cloud and local management of your business network, letting you eliminate the risk of losing business-critical information while protecting your employees, guests, and customers from malicious websites. Other features include real-time WiFi activity status, downtime notifications and firmware upgrades, and the ability to organize wired and wireless networks to create a clear and concise network map of your system.
Note: The NETGEAR SXR80 includes a 1 year pre-paid Insight subscription. Paid subscription options after that include $9.99 per device/per year (Insight Premium), and $22 per device/per year (Insight Pro). Insight Pro adds additional business management options such as; managing a portfolio of access points, switches, and storage devices; One-touch NETGEAR support; rapid remote deployment; remote monitoring; and more. Click here to learn more about NETGEAR Insight services.
Placement & Mounting Options: The SXR80 Router can be table-top mounted or wall-mounted using the included brackets and hardware, and should be positioned near your modem.
AC Power Adapters: The Orbi router includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately), and provides a +12VDC/3.5A output.