About the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AX6000 Satellite (SXS80)
Expand your enterprise-class Orbi mesh network
Expand your enterprise-class Orbi mesh network
This single NETGEAR Orbi Pro SXS80 satellite adds up to 3,000 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6 to your existing enterprise-class Orbi mesh network. It extends broader access to Orbi Pro special features that can be customized to suit multiple business units when used with the Orbi Pro router. There are eight amplified, high-performance internal antennas inside for reliable connectivity. With up to six Gigabits of tri-band Wi-Fi, it gives you plenty of lanes to keep your data flowing — crucial for high productivity throughout the workday.
A capable network multi-tasker
This satellite is designed to handle serious traffic. MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices, and beamforming boosts the speed, reliability and range of your Wi-Fi connection. Built-in Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices.
Versatile configuration options for commercial use
Home users rarely require more than a single primary SSID (Wi-Fi network) for the house, plus maybe a guest network. This satellite is part of a mesh system that offers four assignable SSID networks for different use cases: administration, guests, employee devices, and internet of things (IoT) devices. And each network has individually configurable VLAN (administrator and security) settings. There's a local administrator user interface (UI) for setup and maintenance, and the NETGEAR Insight app allows secure installation, plus cloud and local management.
- Orbi satellite adds 3,000 square feet of Wi-Fi 6 coverage to an existing mesh network
- flexible configuration for commercial use
- 8 amplified, high-performance internal antennas
- AX6000 Wi-Fi (1200 + 2400 + 2400 Mbps)
- up to 1,200 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on first 5GHz band
- up to 2,400 Mbps on second 5GHz band — dedicated band for communication between router and satellite
- MU-MIMO allows fast simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- beamforming boosts speed, reliability and range of Wi-Fi connection
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- 1 Gigabit or 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with optional link aggregation
- 4 assignable SSIDs allow you to create independent secured Wi-Fi networks (administration, guest, employee devices, and IoT devices)
- flexible VLAN configuration on all four SSID networks
- default client isolation on guest SSID; configurable on others
- WPA/WPA2/WPA3 support
- NETGEAR Insight app for secure installation plus cloud and local management
- local admin UI for feature setting and maintenance
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-3/4"W x 10-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 2.06 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SXS80-100NAS
What's in the box:
- One Orbi Pro satellite (SXS80)
- AC power supply w/attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/1.5A output)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Drywall anchors w/screws
- Two 10mm machine screws
- Quickstart guide
- Online warranty registration information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NETGEAR Orbi Pro AX6000 Satellite (SXS80)
Business Network: NETGEAR's Orbi Pro SXS80 creates a dedicated high-speed WiFi connection for your small business when combined with an Orbi Pro SXR80 router (sold separately). The Orbi Pro Satellite connects to your Orbi Pro Router and extends the WiFi signal throughout your business area (up to 3,000 square/feet). The Orbi Pro satellite is preset to automatically find and sync with an Orbi SXR80 router's WiFi signal.
Note: The SXS80 Pro Satellite requires a NETGEAR Orbi Pro SXR80 Router to function and is sold separately.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Aggregation: Five Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports (one 2.5G/1G & four 1G) on the SXS80 Router allow you to connect multiple wired devices for your business, such as printers, IP phones, digital billboards, and more. Ports 2 & 3 on the SXS80 Satellite can be aggregated for faster data transfer.
Orbi Tri-Band Mesh Technology: NETGEAR Orbi's Tri-band technology (when combined with an SXR80 Router) creates the ultimate WiFi experience. Innovative Tri-band WiFi can provide the fastest internet speeds available for your business on every device. 4x4 transmit & receive radios on all three bands can provide up to 6.0Gbps throughput and a 2.4Gbps backhaul.
- 5GHz (ax): 1024 QAM support, up to 2.4Gbps
- 5GHz (ax): 1024 QAM 20/40/80MHz, up to 2.4Gbps
- 2.4GHz (ax): 256 QAM support, up to 1,200Mbps
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): With 4X more capacity than WiFi 5 (802.11ac), WiFi 6 (802.11ax) is the ideal solution for your ever-growing smart home. Connect over 60 devices without affecting speed or reliability. Additional WiFi technologies include -
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Using Multi-User MIMO technology, the NETGEAR router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
- TWT (Target Wait Time): Designed to conserve battery power on IoT (Internet of Things) devices, TWT allows the Mesh system to define a specific time or set of times for IoT devices to access the wireless network.
- Beamforming+ (Explicit & Implicit): Beamforming+ boosts speed, reliability, and range of WiFi connections on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Unlike typical WiFi routers that just blast the WiFi signals in all directions; with Beamforming+ (Explicit), the router actively tracks connected devices and directs power to the router antenna closest to the client device. With Beamforming+ (Implicit), the router can use information from client devices that support Implicit Beamforming for even greater WiFi speed, reliability, and range.
8 Amplified Antennas: The Orbi Pro satellite is equipped with 8 high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers to provide extremely reliable WiFi connectivity for all your Internet-enabled devices.
NETGEAR Insight: After using the built-in router web interface to setup the Orbi system, you can use the NETGEAR Insight app and your Insight subscription to manage and monitor your Orbi network remotely. Download the NETGEAR Insight App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) to activate NETGEAR Insight and receive real-time security updates. NETGEAR Insight provides secured cloud and local management of your business network, letting you eliminate the risk of losing business-critical information while protecting your employees, guests, and customers from malicious websites. Other features include real-time WiFi activity status, downtime notifications and firmware upgrades, and the ability to organize wired and wireless networks to create a clear and concise network map of your system.
Note: The NETGEAR SXS80 Satellite includes a 1 year pre-paid Insight subscription. Paid subscription options after that include $9.99 per device/per year (Insight Premium), and $22 per device/per year (Insight Pro). Insight Pro adds additional business management options such as; managing a portfolio of access points, switches, and storage devices; One-touch NETGEAR support; rapid remote deployment; remote monitoring; and more. Click here to learn more about NETGEAR Insight services.
Mounting Options: The Orbi Pro Satellite can be table-top mounted or wall-mounted using the included bracket and hardware.
AC Power Adapters: The Orbi Satellite includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).