About the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera 3-pack
Cover all your angles
Cover all your angles
This bundle of three Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras makes it easy to keep an eye and ear on what's happening around your home — indoors or outside. Each camera connects directly to your Wi-Fi and is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, so you don't even have to run wires anywhere. The cameras have a 130-degree field of view, and they can see up to 25 feet away in the dark. You can even get nighttime footage in color, thanks to the built-in spotlight.
These Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras are weather-resistant and battery-powered, so you can use them almost anywhere (within range of your Wi-Fi network).
Get a live view, anytime
Download the free Arlo mobile app, and you'll have access to live streams from each camera from anywhere, anytime. The app lets you adjust motion zones and schedule when each camera is active. You can also activate a camera's built-in siren.
Secure cloud storage
When a motion event is recorded, the HD video is automatically saved to the cloud. Arlo's free plan stores up to 1 gigabyte of data, and the archived footage is stored for seven days before being deleted. If you want to save more clips for a longer period of time, you can subscribe to an optional cloud storage plan for a monthly fee. Arlo uses advanced 128-bit data encryption and optional two-factor authentication to keep your data safe.
Smart home integration
If you have an Echo Show, you can ask Alexa to show you the view from your Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras. Same goes for the Google Home Hub. You can also get notifications on your Apple Watch.
- bundle of 3 weather-resistant home security cameras
- view 1080p HD video from anywhere
- built-in spotlight lets you see in color at night
- infrared night vision up to 25 feet
- connects to your network via Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
- connect via Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (sold separately) for additional options, including local storage
- 130° field of view
- get smart alerts on your Android™ or iOS® mobile device when motion is detected
- app features include:
- adjustable motion zones
- siren activation
- 12X digital zoom
- two-way talk with noise- and echo-cancellation
- live view
- Arlo accounts can also be accessed from a web browser and compatible Apple TV devices
- compatible with:
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 6 months on a single charge
- access the previous 7 days of footage for free
- optional subscription plans provide additional cloud storage and advanced detection features for a monthly fee
- operating temperature: -4°F to 113°F
- 2-1/16"W x 3-1/16"H x 3-1/2"D (each)
- weight: 9.9 oz. (each, including mount)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMC2330B-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 3 Wireless security cameras (black)
- 3 Wall mount brackets (black)
- 9 Self-tapping screws (Length 1")
- 9 Plastic wall anchors
- 12" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro B USB on other end)
- Setup Guide
- Safety and Compliance Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera 3-pack
Overview: The Arlo Essential Spotlight Security Camera is a weather-resistant, wire-free, Full HD security camera with an integrated spotlight. It has a video resolution of up to 1920 x 1080p. You can use the free Arlo app on your Apple iOS or Android device, Apple TV, or your web browser to wirelessly keep an eye on things while you are away. Arlo Essential also works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, and IFTTT. Each of the three cameras in this kit comes with a built-in rechargeable battery, and a wall-mount bracket. The kit also includes a USB charging cable.
Camera Features: Arlo Essential features a full-color CMOS image sensor with a video resolution of up to 1080p with H.264 compression. It has a wide-angle lens with a 130° horizontal field of view. With up to 12x digital zoom, you can zoom into a scene to obtain the best view. With its built-in microphone and speaker, you can remotely carry on a two-way conversation with someone at the camera location. It has built-in infrared 850nm LEDs that illuminate up to 25 feet in very low light. With the integrated spotlight, the camera shoots in color at night. The Arlo Essential camera automatically detects movement, adjustable to up to 23 feet. It sends alerts to the Arlo app on your mobile smartphone or tablet, and starts recording video. This indoor/outdoor camera can be used in temperatures from -4° to 113°F, and has a weather-resistant design.
Power Requirements: The Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera has a built-in rechargeable battery that can power the camera for up to 6 months on a single charge. The battery is not user-replaceable. You can also keep the battery charged with the optional Arlo Essential Solar Panel (VMA3600), sold separately.
Wi-Fi Connection: The Arlo Essential Spotlight camera operates on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band. You can connect the camera directly to your router, or to an optional Arlo SmartHub (VMB5000 or VMB4540), or an optional Arlo Base Station (VMB4500 or VMB4000). Connecting to a SmartHub or Base Station gives you additional benefits, such as local storage or remote access. The camera should be placed within 300 feet of the router (line of sight). Each obstruction (wall, ceiling, etc.) reduces the range of the Wi-Fi signal. You should also maintain at least 6-1/2 feet between the camera and other installed Arlo cameras to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
Installation and Setup: The Arlo Essential camera can be placed on a flat surface, or mounted using the included wall-mount bracket. The bracket provides 360° swivel and 90° of tilt for best positioning. The camera should be installed in a location with a strong Wi-Fi signal from your router, or an Arlo SmartHub or base station.
Arlo App: To monitor your Arlo security system on your smartphone or tablet, you will need the Arlo app. To view your cameras on your smart device, you'll need to connect it to your Wi-Fi router (2.4 GHz band), or an Arlo SmartHub or base station. The app lets you view video listen to audio from your cameras, change camera settings, arm or disarm the cameras, turn on/off the camera spotlight, and activate or deactivate the siren manually. You'll receive notifications of motion detected by one of the cameras. The Arlo app is compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with version 5 and up. To use your computer, you'll need to use a supported web browser to work with the Arlo web application, such as Internet Explorer 10 or later, Microsoft Edge, Firefox 3.5 or later, Safari 3 or later (only with Mac OS X), or the latest version of Chrome. A high-speed internet connection, with a minimum of 1 Mbps upstream, is recommended.
Motion Detection Modes: The Arlo app lets you set each camera's motion detection modes. You can customize the modes, making some cameras active while others are not. The camera modes can be set as follows:
- Armed: Motion detection is turned on.
- Disarmed: Motion detection is turned off.
- Schedule: Motion detection is based on a schedule that in maintained in the Arlo app.
- Geofencing: Motion detection status is based on when you arrive at or leave a given location, based on the location of your mobile device. The Geofencing Zone is created and defined using the Arlo app on your mobile device.
Arlo Partners: Arlo security cameras are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. You can use voice commands to view your Arlo cameras on the Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV, on the Arlo Apple TV app, or on your Chromecast device (using the Google Assistant). Arlo also partners with IFTTT (If This Then That) to make other devices interact when the Arlo Pro camera detects motion. For example, if motion is detected, an IFTTT recipe can automatically turn on your Philips Hue smart lights will turn on.
Streaming and Cloud Storage: The Arlo Essential camera sends video and audio to the cloud storage associated with your Arlo account. The Arlo app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer lets you see your camera feed, and arm and disarm your camera. All audio and video from the camera is sent to the cloud for secure storage in your library. You can access the recordings from anywhere using your mobile device or home computer. A rolling 7 days of recordings are stored, and you can subscribe to paid plans for viewing the last 14 or 30 days worth of recordings. You can also download recordings to save them on your mobile device or computer for long-term storage.
Smart Plans: The Arlo Essential automatically saves each video recorded in an online cloud storage account. How much video your cloud account holds and how long it stores each video depends on your subscription plan:
- Basic (Free): The free Basic subscription plan includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan.
- Premier: The Premier plan includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $2.99/month for one camera, and $9.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- Elite: The Elite plan includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 20 cameras. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $4.99/month for a single camera and $14.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- 24/7 Continuous Video Recording (CVR): A Continuous Video Recording plan can be added to your Arlo Pro System. If you have a CVR plan, your cameras must be plugged into AC power. You can view recordings from any time of the day. If motion or sound is detected during CVR, it will be indicated by an special icon in the video timeline. Rates for CVR are $9.99 per month per camera for 14 days of 24/7 recordings, and $19.99 per month per camera for 30 days of 24/7 CVR recordings.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.
Cloud Storage and Security: Recorded video from the security cameras is stored in the Arlo cloud so you can see all the activity the cameras detect at any time. The Arlo system is designed to maintain the highest level of security to keep your videos private and secure in the cloud.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the Arlo Essential camera:
- Camera: 2-1/16" Width x 3-1/16" Height x 3-1/2" Depth
- Weight: 8.4 ounces (camera); 9.9 ounces (camera w/mount)