About the Arlo Pro 3 Two-Camera System
Crisp HD footage
Crisp HD footage
This Arlo Pro 3 system is an easy way to keep an eye on what's happening around your home — indoors or outside. The system includes a SmartHub and an Ethernet cable for connecting it to your router. The two cameras then connect wirelessly to your network and are powered by removable rechargeable batteries, so you don't even have to run wires anywhere. Each has a wide 160-degree field of view and can deliver crisp 2K video with High Dynamic Range (HDR) for exceptional detail. Along with infrared LEDs for night vision, there's a built-in spotlight for clear, color footage at night.
Robust app features
The free Arlo mobile app also gives you access to live streams from each camera from anywhere, anytime. You can adjust motion zones and schedule when each camera is active. The camera's built-in siren and spotlight can be set to trigger automatically with motion, or you can do it manually anytime using the app.
Secure cloud storage
When a motion event is recorded, the HD video (up to 1080p) is automatically saved to the cloud. Arlo's free plan stores up to 1 gigabyte of data, and the archived footage is stored for seven days before being deleted. If you want to save 2K footage, or save more clips for a longer period of time, you can subscribe to an optional cloud storage plan for a monthly fee. Arlo uses advanced 128-bit data encryption and optional two-factor authentication to keep your data safe.
Smart home integration
If you have an Echo Show, you can ask Alexa to show you the view from your Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras. Same goes for the Google Home Hub. You can also get notifications on your Apple Watch.
- bundle of 2 weather-resistant home security cameras and Arlo SmartHub
- view HD video from anywhere
- 4-megapixel image sensor
- video resolution up to 2K (2560 x 1440)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) for natural colors and improved detail
- built-in spotlight lets you see in color at night
- can be activated with motion or manually
- infrared LEDs with IR Cut Filter
- Auto Zoom and Tracking feature captures a closer look at detected motion
- 160° field of view
- get smart alerts on your Android™ or iOS® mobile device when motion is detected
- app features include:
- spotlight control
- adjustable motion zones
- siren activation
- 12X digital zoom
- two-way talk with noise- and echo-cancellation
- live view
- Arlo accounts can also be accessed from a web browser and compatible Apple TV devices
- compatible with:
- each camera is powered by a removable rechargeable battery
- access the previous 7 days of footage (up to 1080p) for free
- optional subscription plans provide additional cloud storage options (including the ability to save 2K footage) and advanced detection features for a monthly fee
- SmartHub connects directly to your router with the included Ethernet cable
- camera operating temperature: -13°F to 113°F
- camera dimensions: 2-1/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 3-7/16"D (each)
- SmartHub dimensions: 5-9/16"W x 6-1/16"H x 2-1/8"D
- camera weight: 11.35 oz. (each, including battery)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMS4240P-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 2 Arlo Pro 3 security cameras (white)
- 2 Lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries (3.85V 4800mAh 18.48Wh)
- 36" Magnetic power cable (Type A USB)
- AC adapter (DC output: 5V 2A)
- SmartHub (white)
- Magnetic Mount (white)
- Mag mount screw (length 3/4")
- Plastic wall anchor
- Adjustable wall mount
- 3 Mounting screws (length 1")
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Hub power supply with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 1.5A)
- 79" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- Setup Instructions
- Safety Rules for Arlo batteries
- Arlo window decal
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Pro 3 Two-Camera System
Overview: The Arlo Pro 3 2K QHD Wire-Free Security System includes two weather-resistant, wire-free security cameras with an integrated spotlight. The cameras have a video resolution of up to 2560 x 1440p. You can use the free Arlo app on your Apple iOS or Android device, Apple TV, or your web browser to wirelessly keep an eye on your home while you are away. Arlo Pro 3 also works with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and the Google Assistant. Both of the cameras in this kit come with a rechargeable battery. Two wall mounts are included: one magnetic and one adjustable. The kit also includes the Arlo SmartHub that connects wirelessly to your wireless cameras, and to your network router.
Camera Features: Arlo Pro 3 camera features a full-color 1/3" 4MP CMOS image sensor with a video resolution of 1440p (2K), 1080p, or 720p with H.264 and H.265 encoding. It has a wide-angle lens with a 160° diagonal field of view. With up to 12x digital zoom, you can zoom into a scene to obtain the best view. With its built-in microphone and speaker, you can remotely carry on a two-way conversation with someone at the camera location. With the built-in infrared 850nm LEDs and the integrated spotlight, you can record in color day or night. The bright white spotlight (6500K) can be turned on manually through the Arlo App, or automatically when motion is detected. The Arlo Pro 3 camera automatically detects movement in a wide 130° arc. It sends alerts to the Arlo app on your mobile smartphone or tablet, and starts recording video. The camera also has a built-in Smart Siren that you can trigger remotely from the Arlo app, or automatically with detected motion. This indoor/outdoor camera can be used in temperatures from -13° to 113°F, and has a weather-resistant design.
Power Requirements: The Arlo Pro 3 Camera includes a rechargeable battery that can power the camera for 3 to 6 months on a single charge. The battery can be charged in approximately 3.5 hours in the camera using the magnetic cable and AC adapter. You can also keep the battery charged with the optional Arlo Pro 3 Solar Panel Charger, sold separately.
Installation and Setup: The Arlo Pro 3 camera can be placed installed in multiple ways. It comes with a strong magnetic mount that holds the camera securely and lets you aim the camera in virtually any direction. It also comes with an adjustable mount that can be tilted or swiveled in multiple directions. The camera should be installed in a location with a strong Wi-Fi signal from the Arlo SmartHub or base station.
Wi-Fi Connection: The Arlo Pro 3 camera operates on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band. With the included SmartHub (VMB4540) connected to your router, you can add the cameras wirelessly to your Arlo Pro 3 system. When used with the SmartHub or Arlo base station, the Pro 3 2K QHD Wire-Free Security System works with Amazon's Alexa, the Google Home hub, and Apple HomeKit. You can also receive alerts on your Apple Watch.
Arlo App: To monitor your Arlo security system on your smartphone or tablet, you will need the Arlo app, and connect it to your Wi-Fi router or the SmartHub. The app lets you view video and listen to audio from your cameras, change camera settings, arm or disarm the cameras, turn on/off the camera spotlight, and activate or deactivate the siren manually. You'll receive notifications of motion detected by one of the cameras. The Arlo app is compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices (version varies with device). For best results, you'll need a working broadband connection with a 2 to 4 Mbps upload speed for high quality simultaneously 2K streams.
Arlo Partners: Arlo security cameras are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and IFTTT. You can use voice commands to view your Arlo cameras on the Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV, on the Arlo Apple TV app, or on your Chromecast device (using the Google Assistant). Arlo also partners with IFTTT (If This Then That) to make other devices interact when the Arlo Pro camera detects motion. For example, if motion is detected, an IFTTT recipe can automatically turn on your Philips Hue smart lights.
Streaming and Cloud Storage: The Arlo Pro 3 camera sends video and audio to the cloud storage associated with your Arlo account. The Arlo app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer lets you see your camera feed, and arm and disarm your camera. All audio and video from the camera is sent to the cloud for secure storage in your library. You can access the recordings from anywhere using your mobile device or home computer. A rolling 7 days of recordings are stored, and you can subscribe to paid plans for viewing the last 14 or 30 days worth of recordings. You can also download recordings to save them on your mobile device or computer for long-term storage.
Smart Plans: The Arlo Pro 3 automatically saves each video recorded in an online cloud storage account. How much video your cloud account holds and how long it stores each video depends on your subscription plan:
- Basic (Free): The free Basic subscription plan includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage) for up to 30 days. When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan. After 30 days, you will need to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription to maintain features such as cloud storage and activity zones.
- Premier: The Premier plan is for up to 2K quality (including Pro 3). It includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $2.99/month for one camera, and $9.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- Elite: The Elite plan is only for 4K-capable cameras (Pro 3 not eligble). It includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 20 cameras. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $4.99/month for a single camera and $14.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- 24/7 Continuous Video Recording (CVR): A Continuous Video Recording plan can be added to your Arlo Pro System. If you have a CVR plan, your cameras must be plugged into AC power. You can view recordings from any time of the day. If motion or sound is detected during CVR, it will be indicated by an special icon in the video timeline. Rates for CVR are $9.99 per month per camera for 14 days of 24/7 recordings, and $19.99 per month per camera for 30 days of 24/7 CVR recordings.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.
Cloud Storage and Security: Recorded video from the security cameras is stored in the Arlo cloud so you can see all the activity the cameras detect at any time. The Arlo system is designed to maintain the highest level of security to keep your videos private and secure in the cloud.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the Arlo Pro 3 camera:
- Camera: Width 2.048", Height 3.087", Depth 3.425"
- SmartHub: Width 5.512", Height 6.034", Depth 2.066"
- Weight: Camera: 11.35 ounces (w/battery); SmartHub: 8.15 ounces