About the Arlo Go
The Arlo Go is truly a go-anywhere security camera. Unlike most wireless cameras, it needs no Wi-Fi connection to deliver 720p HD video directly to your phone. Arlo Go can actually make a network connection anywhere in the country as long as there is adequate LTE coverage (mobile plan required). This makes it a great choice for catching wildlife out on a trail or keeping an eye on a home away from home when you travel.
It's also weather-resistant and is powered by a removable rechargeable battery, so you can put it pretty much anywhere. The camera has a 130-degree field of view, and it can see up to 25 feet away in the dark.
Get a live view, anytime
Download the free Arlo mobile app, and you'll have access to your camera's live stream from anywhere, anytime. You can also adjust the 8X digital zoom or have a conversation using the two-way talk feature.
Cloud and local storage
When a motion or audio event is recorded, the HD video is automatically saved to the cloud. Arlo's free plan stores up to 1 gigabyte of data, and the archived footage is stored for seven days before being deleted. If you have more than five cameras, or you want to save more clips for a longer period of time, you can subscribe to an optional cloud storage plan for a monthly fee. Arlo uses advanced 128-bit data encryption and optional two-factor authentication to keep your data safe.
The Arlo Go also includes a slot for a microSD card (sold separately), so you have a local storage option when the network connection is spotty.
- weather-resistant mobile security camera
- view 720p HD video from anywhere
- infrared night vision up to 25 feet
- connects to 4G LTE network (mobile plan required)
- Arlo's mobile plan operates on AT&T's network
- 130° field of view
- sends email or mobile alert when motion or audio is detected
- Android™ or iOS® mobile app features include:
- live view
- 8X digital zoom
- two-way talk
- download and share videos
- Arlo accounts can also be accessed from a web browser and compatible Apple TV devices
- compatible with:
- removable rechargeable battery lasts up to 3 months on a single charge
- cloud access to the previous 7 days of footage for free for up to five cameras
- optional subscription plans provide additional cloud storage, allow more cameras, and add advanced detection features for a monthly fee
- slot for local storage with optional microSD card (up to 32GB)
- included wall-mount bracket offers 360° swivel and 90° tilt
- operating temperature: -4°F to 113°F
- 2-13/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 3-9/16"D
- weight: 11.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VML4030-200NAS
What's in the box:
- Arlo Go camera
- SIM card (installed in camera)
- Model A-2 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 3660mAh 26.35Wh)
- AC adapter with attached 8' DC output cord (DC output: 5V/1.3A or 9V/1.1A)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 3 Self-tapping screws (Length 1")
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Wind bracket
- 2 USB port caps
- Synthetic grease
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Rules for Arlo Rechargeable Batteries
- "Protected by Arlo" window decal
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Go
Overview: The Arlo Go Mobile HD Security Camera (VML4030-200NAS) is a weather-resistant, wire-free HD security camera that operates on the Arlo LTE Mobile plan (subscription required!). It has a video resolution of up to 1280 x 720. For local video storage, the camera contains a slot for a microSD card (up to 32 GB). Video can also be stored in the Cloud. You can use the free Arlo app on your Apple iOS or Android device, Apple TV, or your web browser to wirelessly keep an eye on things while you are away. Arlo Go also works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, and IFTTT. The camera comes with a rechargeable battery and a wall-mount bracket.
Camera Features: Arlo Go features a full-color CMOS image sensor with a video resolution of up to 1280 x 720p with H.264 compression. It has a wide-angle lens with a 130° horizontal field of view, and a fixed focus range of 2' to infinity. With up to 8x digital zoom, you can zoom into a scene to obtain the best view. With its built-in microphone and speaker, you can remotely carry on a two-way conversation with someone at the camera location. It has built-in infrared 850nm LEDs that illuminate up to 25 feet in very low light. The Arlo Go cameras automatically detect movement, send alerts to the Arlo app on your mobile smartphone or tablet, and start recording video. This indoor/outdoor camera can be used in temperatures from -4° to 113°F, and carries an IP65 weatherproof certification.
Power Requirements: Each camera can be used wire-free, powered by the supplied rechargeable battery, or plugged into an AC power outlet. The 7.2-volt, 3660mAh rechargeable battery (supplied) can be charged in the camera when they are connected to the included power adapter via the included cable. When the battery charge is low (less than 15%), an amber LED near the lens will flash slowly, then quickly when the level is critical. Battery life is affected by environmental factors (mounting location), mobile signal strength, and video quality settings. Typical battery life is approximately 2 to 3 months.
Arlo App: To monitor your Arlo security system on your smartphone or tablet, you will need the Arlo app. The app is compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with version 5 and up. To use your computer, you'll need to use a supported web browser to work with the Arlo web application, such as Internet Explorer 10 or later, Microsoft Edge, Firefox 3.5 or later, Safari 3 or later (only with Mac OS X), or the latest version of Chrome. A high-speed internet connection, with a minimum of 1 Mbps upstream, is recommended.
Arlo Partners: Arlo security cameras are compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. You can use voice commands to view your Arlo cameras on the Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV, on the Arlo Apple TV app, or on your Chromecast device (using the Google Assistant). Arlo also partners with IFTTT (If This Then That) to make other devices interact when the Arlo Pro camera detects motion. For example, if motion is detected, an IFTTT recipe can automatically turn on your Philips Hue smart lights will turn on.
Installation and Setup: The Arlo Go can be placed on a flat surface, or mounted using the included wall-mount bracket. The bracket provides 360° swivel and 90° of tilt for best positioning. The Arlo Mobile service is already activated and ready to use right out of the box. A subscription to the Arlo Mobile wireless service plan is required. The camera should be installed in a location where the Arlo app displays at least three bars of mobile network signal strength. Low signal can cause video problems, delayed notifications, and lower battery life. The camera can be powered by the included AC adapter, or via the included rechargeable battery.
Streaming and Cloud Storage: The Arlo Go camera operates on a 4G LTE mobile network to send video and audio to the cloud storage associated with your Arlo account. The Arlo app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer lets you see your camera feed, and arm and disarm your camera. All audio and video from the camera is sent to the cloud for secure storage in your library. You can access the recordings from anywhere using your mobile device or home computer. A rolling 7 days of recordings are stored, and you can subscribe to paid plans for viewing the last 14 or 30 days worth of recordings. You can also download recordings to save them on your mobile device or computer for long-term storage.
Smart Plans: The Arlo Go automatically saves each video recorded in an online cloud storage account. How much video your cloud account holds and how long it stores each video depends on your subscription plan:
- Basic (Free): The free Basic subscription plan includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan.
- Premier: The Premier plan includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $2.99/month for one camera, and $9.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- Elite: The Elite plan includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 20 cameras. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan. Cost is $4.99/month for a single camera and $14.99/month for up to 5 cameras.
- 24/7 Continuous Video Recording (CVR): A Continuous Video Recording plan can be added to your Arlo Pro System. If you have a CVR plan, your cameras must be plugged into AC power. You can view recordings from any time of the day. If motion or sound is detected during CVR, it will be indicated by an special icon in the video timeline. Rates for CVR are $9.99 per month per camera for 14 days of 24/7 recordings, and $19.99 per month per camera for 30 days of 24/7 CVR recordings.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.
Cloud Storage and Security: Recorded video from the security cameras is stored in the Arlo cloud so you can see all the activity the cameras detect at any time. The Arlo system is designed to maintain the highest level of security to keep your videos private and secure in the cloud.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the Arlo Go camera:
- Camera: 2-3/4" Width x 3-1/16" Height x 3-1/2" Depth
- Weight: 11.8 ounces (camera w/battery), 12.3 ounces (camera w/battery + mount)