About the Arlo Pro Home Security Camera System
Cover every angle with wireless security cameras
A free app lets the Arlo Pro system show multiple camera views on your smartphone or tablet.
Cover every angle with wireless security cameras
When you're keeping your home or business secure, you don't want to do it halfway. This package includes six wire-free cameras, so you can keep an eye on every part of your property — inside and out.
The Pro hub has a fast processor to keep your video clear and smooth. Each camera has a wide 130-degree field of view. And the hub includes a 100+ dB siren that can be triggered automatically by motion, or manually.
The cameras can be magnetically mounted indoors or out. Each one has a powerful rechargeable battery so you can go completely wireless. You can set up email alerts that will notify you when any of the cameras detects motion, and store footage in the cloud for later review. You'll get clear 720p video, and the camera's LED night vision will even let you see up to 25 feet away in low light.
The Arlo Pro comes with everything you'll need to install and position the included 100% wire-free cameras. You get four wall anchors, mounting screws, and magnetic brackets, so you can install your system right away.
Go live with the Arlo app
Download the free Arlo app for your Apple® or Android™ device, and you'll have access to a live stream from your surveillance system, so you can reassure yourself when you're at work or far from home on holiday. Control when each camera is active with the scheduler, set modes and rules to govern when your camera is on and recording, and catalog stills and video by date and time in the library.
Secure cloud storage
When you tell your camera to record an event, HD video is automatically saved to the cloud. Arlo's free Basic level of storage keeps up to 1 gigabyte of archived footage for one week before deleting, with more robust packages available for a monthly fee. The Arlo storage system uses advanced 128-bit data encryption and advanced security protocols from NETGEAR to keep your data safe.
- wireless security system with internet hub and 6 rechargeable cameras
- stay informed with automatic email alerts and push notifications
- two-way audio lets you have a conversation even when you're far away
- free app lets you remotely monitor and control your Arlo system
- Basic cloud storage option stores up to 1GB of video for up to 7 days free of charge
- upgraded storage packages available for a fee
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings home automation system and Apple TV
- 6 versatile magnetic mounts included
- 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless signal
- 900Mhz internal processor
- memory: 128MB flash, 128MB RAM
- internal antenna
- Smart Siren can be triggered manually or by motion or to frighten intruders
- connects directly to Wi-Fi® router
- 6-15/16"W x 5"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: 11.1 oz.
- full-color CMOS image sensor
- rated for indoor/outdoor use
- operating temp. range -4-113° F
- 130° wide-angle field of view
- resolution: configurable up to 1280 x 720 pixels
- motion detection with adjustable sensitivity
- LED night vision illuminates up to 25 feet away
- powered by 2440mAh rechargeable battery (included)
- 1-15/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight: 8.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VMS4630-100NAS
What's in the box:
- 6 Arlo Pro Wi-Fi HD cameras (VMC4030)
- Base Station (VMB4000)
- 6 A-1 Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries (7.2V 2440mAh 17.57Wh)
- AC adapter for base with attached 6' DC power cord (DC output: 12V 1.5A)
- Outdoor Camera mount
- 6 Magnetic dome-shaped camera mounts
- 8 Self-tapping screws (3/4" length)
- 8 Plastic wall anchors
- Two 79" Micro USB cables (each with Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on other end)
- 78" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- 2 AC adapters with USB output port (DC output: 5V 1.8A or 9V 1.1A)
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 Window stickers (2-sided)
- Safety Rules for Arlo Pro Rechargeable Batteries
- Arlo Pro accessories sheet
Arlo Pro Home Security Camera System reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arlo Pro Home Security Camera System
Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System: The NETGEAR Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System (VMS4630-100NAS) includes an indoor base station with built-in Wi-Fi and six 100% wireless HD indoor/outdoor cameras with motion detection. Additional cameras can easily be added for watching other areas of your home or business. You can use the Arlo app on your Apple iOS or Android device to wirelessly keep an eye on things while you are away. Arlo Pro also works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Stringify.
Applications: You can use the Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System to watch over an empty home or business, to monitor your driveway or the entrance to your home, or to safeguard any space in or around the house. The Arlo Pro security system can also keep an eye on the kids after school, pets home alone, sleeping babies, and elderly family members.
Camera Features: The Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera features a full-color CMOS image sensor with a video resolution of up to 1280 x 720p with H.264 compression. It has a wide-angle lens with a 130° horizontal field of view, and a fixed focus range of 2' to infinity. With its built-in microphone and speaker, you can remotely carry on a two-way conversation with someone at the camera location. It has built-in infrared 850nm LEDs that illuminate up to 25 feet in very low light. The Arlo Pro cameras automatically detect movement, send alerts to the Arlo app on your mobile smartphone or tablet, and start recording video. This indoor/outdoor camera can be used in temperatures from -4° to 113°F, and carries an IP65 weatherproof certification.
Power Requirements: Each camera can be used wire-free, powered by the supplied battery, or while plugged into an AC power outlet. The 7.2-volt, 2440mAh rechargeable battery (supplied) can be charged in the camera when they are connected to the included power adapter via the included Micro USB cable. Charging time is approximately 2.5 hours. When the battery charge is low (less than 15%), an amber LED near the lens will flash once per minute. Battery life is affected by environmental factors (mounting location) and by video quality settings. Typical battery life is approximately 4 to 6 months.
Base Station: The Arlo Pro Base Station serves as the hub of the Arlo security system. It is connected to your router through the included Ethernet cable. Everything the Arlo Pro cameras record is sent to the cloud for secure storage in your library. All of the connected cameras are synched to Base Station via Wi-Fi (802.11n / 2.4GHz) with a range of over 300 feet (line of sight). The Base Station has a built-in siren, which can be triggered by a camera when motion is detected. There are three siren volume settings, the loudest of which is over 100 decibels. The Base Station features two Type A USB ports for plugging in a USB storage device for local recording, if desired.
Arlo App: To monitor your Arlo security system on your smartphone or tablet, you will need the Arlo app. The app is compatible with Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and requires iOS 9.0 or later. It is also compatible with Android devices running OS 4.1 and up. With a Mac or PC, you'll need one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 10 or above, Firefox 3.5 or above, Safari 3 or above (except on Windows and Linux), or Google Chrome (any version). A high-speed internet connection, with a minimum of 1 Mbps upstream, is recommended.
Arlo Partners: Arlo security cameras are compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa), Google Assistant, and IFTTT. You can use voice commands to view your Arlo cameras on the Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV, on the Arlo Apple TV app, or on your Chromecast device (using the Google Assistant). Arlo also partners with IFTTT (If This Then That) to make other devices interact when the Arlo Pro camera detects motion. For example, if motion is detected, an IFTTT recipe can automatically turn on your Philips Hue smart lights will turn on.
Simple Setup: To set up the Arlo network camera system, you must connect the base station to your router and the Internet, mount and sync the cameras, and download the free Arlo app on your computer or mobile device. Once the system is set up, you can change settings, view content and view camera streams remotely using the app or web browser client. Arlo Pro can alert you by email notification or through the Arlo app whenever it records a video.
Arlo Smart Plans: The Arlo Pro Wire-Free Security Camera System comes with the Arlo Basic subscription plan, which includes 7 days of cloud recordings (up to 1 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 7-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 1 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 1 GB storage limit within 7 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Up to 5 cameras and 1 base station can be connected. 90 Day technical support is offered for the Basic plan. Additional Arlo Smart Plans are available (prices current as of 7/15/19, and subject to change):
- Arlo Smart ($2.99 per camera per month): The Arlo Smart plan lets you expand the Basic plan storage period from 7 to 30 days.
- Arlo Smart Premier ($9.99/mo. or $99/yr.): The Smart Premier plan includes 30 days of cloud recordings (up to 10 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 30-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 10 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 10 GB storage limit within 30 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. In addition, Premier plan subscribers can connect up to 10 cameras to the cloud. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
- Arlo Smart Elite ($14.99/mo. or $149/yr.): The Smart Elite plan includes 60 days of cloud recordings (up to 100 GB of cloud storage). When a video reaches its 60-day expiration date, it is automatically deleted. You have up to 100 GB of cloud storage to use within this period. If you reach the 100 GB storage limit within 60 days, then no more videos are stored in your account until you manually delete older videos. Elite plan subscribers can also connect up to 15 cameras and 3 base stations. Unlimited technical support is included with this plan.
Note: You can also add friends to your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras, record video clips, view, share, favorite and delete clips from your library, and take snapshots. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. You can select which cameras friends can see and what administrative rights are available to them.
Cloud Storage and Security: Recorded video from the security cameras is stored in the Arlo cloud so you can see all the activity the cameras detect at any time. The Arlo system is designed to maintain the highest level of security to keep your videos private and secure in the cloud.
Mounting Options: You can place the wireless network cameras on a shelf or other flat surface, or you can mount them to the supplied magnetic wall brackets. When positioning your Arlo Pro camera, keep these tips in mind:
- Position Mode: Use the Arlo app in Position mode to help aim the camera. Position Mode sends video to the cloud as quickly as possible. This allows you to aim the camera while watching the video feed on your Arlo smartphone app to make near real-time adjustments to the camera's position.
- Field Of View: The Arlo Pro cameras have a 130° viewing angle. Position the cameras so that the space that you want to monitor is within the cameras' field of view.
- Elevate Camera: Mount the Arlo Pro motion-detection cameras at least 7' above the floor and aim them slightly down for the best sensor performance.
- Side-To-Side Traffic: For best results, the path of expected motion should cross the cameras' field-of-view and not head directly into or away from the camera. For example, if you want to detect motion near a couch, place the camera to the side of the couch, rather than above it or opposite it. You can use the Motion Detection Test feature to verify if motion can be detected in a camera's current placement.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the Arlo Pro security system's base station and wireless cameras.
- Base Station: 6.88"W x 4.964"H x 2.29"D (w/o cables)
- Wireless Cameras: 1.943"W x 2.777"H x 3.126"D
- Weight: 8.4 ounces (camera w/battery); 11 ounces (base station)