About the Soundcraft Ui24R
In-depth control from... wherever
In-depth control from... wherever
Control what's happening onstage with Soundcraft's Ui24R mixer and indulge in all the sonic special effects you like. You set the mixer up like a stage box, connecting microphones and other audio sources to the inputs and powered speakers or amps to the outputs. After a Wi-Fi connection is made with the mixer, you use your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to wirelessly control the mix from wherever you need to be. Need to hand over mixing duties at some point during the set? Have some musicians who like to control their own mix? Up to ten devices can control the mix at the same time, but you can limit the functionality of each to prevent someone from tweaking a wrong monitor channel.
The Ui24R features 20 microphone inputs, 10 of which can also accommodate 1/4-inch plugs for line-level instruments like keyboards. You'll also find RCA and USB inputs for playing music on breaks or for background beats. The master outputs deliver the front-of-house stereo mix to your amplifiers, while eight auxiliary outputs take care of monitor or other mixes.
Easily (digitally) record the show
The Ui24R features a convenient USB output for recording directly onto a compatible flash drive or computer. You'll have dual-path, multi-track recording capability of all 22 inputs and your stereo mix. And if you don't have a digital audio workstation of choice, Soundcraft includes Ableton Live 10 Lite software to get you started.
Expand your control
Got more mixing to do than the Ui24R can handle? Download Soundcraft's free v3.0 firmware to utilize their cascading feature which lets you connect a second Ui24R, using an Ethernet connection.
Get famous guitar sound
The first two channels feature high-impedance inputs that you can plug your guitars into directly. The Ui24R's software includes DigiTech® Amp Modeling which creates the virtual amp and cabinet combination of your choice and allows you, for example, to sound like you're playing through a vintage Marshall stack without any actual amp or cabinet set up onstage.
Signal processing by Harman
Soundcraft's parent company also happens to make some of the world's finest sound processors, so it's no wonder the Ui24R is packed with so many cool effects. For dynamic control, a dbx® compressor, de-esser, and noise gate can be applied to every channel. To add spatial effects, you can use Lexicon's legendary reverb, delay, and chorus effects. With a 4-band parametric equalizer on each input, a 31-band graphic EQ on each output, plus a graphic RTA display with each EQ, you can craft individual instrument and room tones to perfection. And to top it off, a dbx AFS2 advanced feedback suppressor on each output automatically keeps the sound under control.
- 24-channel digital mixer
- 20 Studer designed mic preamps
- control surface not included — uses onboard Wi-Fi to send control app to separate computer and other portable device
- connect a second Ui24 via Ethernet with firmware download
- works with up to 10 devices at the same time
- cross-platform compatibility with iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux devices
- signal processing from dbx®, Digitech®, and Lexicon®
- dbx automatic feedback suppression
- channels 1 and 2: XLR combo mic/line inputs include access to DigiTech Amp Modeling
- channels 3-10: XLR combo mic/line inputs
- channels 11-20: XLR inputs
- stereo line input (RCA)
- USB input for 2-track files
- left and right XLR and 1/4" line outputs with onboard volume controls
- 8 balanced XLR auxiliary outputs
- USB output for recording onto a flash drive or computer
- two parallel headphone outputs with single volume control
- built-in Wi-Fi router, indicator light, and antenna
- Ethernet port for more secure control connection
Software Control Features:
- input gain page
- recallable gain faders
- individual channel switchable phantom power (+48 volts)
- phase invert
- digital level meter in dB and clip light
- input mix page
- channel level faders with dynamic level indicators
- mute and solo
- pan control with digital indicator
- editable channel name
- channel edit
- DigiTech guitar amp modeling available on channels 1 and 2
- dbx 4-band parametric equalizer, high-pass filter, de-esser, and RTA
- dbx dynamic compressor/limiter and noise gate
- Lexicon reverb, delay, chorus, and room effect
- aux and master outputs
- dbx 31-band graphic equalizer and RTA
- 4 subgroups, mute groups, and view groups
- Show/Snapshot recall with channel safes and security lockout
- rackmountable steel chassis
- dimensions: 19"W x 7"H x 7"D
- weight: 11.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5076585
What's in the box:
- 24-Channel digital mixer
- 116" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Safety instructions
- Product registration card
- Ableton Live Lite information and authorization code
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundcraft Ui24R
Features & specs
|Line inputs||(10) XLR/1/4" combo|
|Channel EQ||4-Band parametric|
|Master EQ||31-Band graphic|
|Digital outputs||(1) USB (type-A)|
|Monitor outputs||(8) XLR|
|Effects||Reverb, delay, chorus|
Overview: The Soundcraft Ui24R is a 24-channel, rack-mountable digital mixing and multi-track recording system with a flexible I/O matrix, pristine sound quality, intuitive wireless control, and roadworthy reliability, all in a compact design that only takes up 4 rack spaces. The Ui24R features 20 balanced inputs incorporating Studer-designed mic preamps - 10 XLR and 10 XLR/1/4" combo jacks, with two of the combo jacks accepting instrument-level signals. Additional inputs include stereo RCAs for consumer playback devices, and a USB input for 2-channel audio playback from a USB memory stick. Other key features include: 4-band parametric EQ, dbx dynamics, Lexicon reverb, chorus, and delay on all inputs; along with 31-band graphic EQ, dynamics, and AFS² (Automatic Feedback Suppression) on all outputs. Ten outputs are provided, 2 Master and 8 Auxiliary, that can be individually controlled from up to 10 tablets or smartphones using the Ui24R's built-in Wi-Fi, allowing stage musicians to be in control of their own monitor mix.
Inputs: The Soundcraft Ui24R includes 20 balanced Inputs consisting of 10 XLR and 10 XLR/1/4" combo jacks, all using Studer world-renowned microphone preamps. Inputs 1-10 are XLR/1/4" combo jacks, accepting balanced or unbalanced signals, inputs 11-20 are balanced XLR connections.
- Instrument Inputs: XLR/1/4" inputs 1 & 2 can be used for instrument-level signals, letting you plug a guitar or bass guitar directly into the mixer. These inputs feature a Hi-Z (high impedance) setting for instrument use, and include multiple DigiTech guitar amp and cabinet modeling presets that can be applied. Each of the amp modeling presets includes controls for Gain, Level, Bass, Mid, and Treble.
- Line In: A set of front-panel stereo RCA jacks lets you run consumer-level audio signals into the mixer such as a CD or MP3 player, or a headphone output from a portable player. The Line In signals feature their own L/R channel paths that get combined with the overall output mix.
- USB Play: A front-panel type-A USB port (5V/40mA) can be used for 2-channel playback from a USB memory stick, letting you add background music or pre-recorded vocal/backing tracks to the output mix. Compatible formats include: MP3, AAC, WAV, OGG, AIFF, and FLAC files.
- Master Outputs: Two balanced XLR and 1/4" connectors provide the main stereo Left & Right mix output. Corresponding LEDs for each channel will light to indicate signal present on the outputs. Two rotary controls, Mix L & Mix R, adjust the audio level for each output channel.
- Auxiliary Outputs (Aux): Eight balanced XLR connectors provide individual
monitor output mixes for stage and studio musicians. Both the Master and Aux Outputs can be controlled by up to 10 connected
smartphones or tablets using the Ui24R's built-in Wi-Fi.
- AFS²: Each of the eight Aux Outputs and the Master Stereo Outputs features dbx AFS² (Automatic Feedback Suppression) technology that uses 12 intelligent "live" filters to detect and eliminate feedback across the audio spectrum. The live filters in the AFS² system can detect when they are no longer needed and remove themselves from the audio path.
- Headphones: Two front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs are provided with a single rotary Level control that affects both outputs.
- USB Record: USB-A port for recording 2-channel or multi-track audio to a flash drive.
- USB I/F: USB-B port is used for connecting a PC or MAC computer for recording to a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). The Ui24R mixer can be used as a 32-in/32-out USB Audio Interface with CORE Audio and ASIO drivers built in, for compatibility with most DAW software packages.
Additional Connections & Indicators: Recessed panels on both sides of the Ui24R include the following connections:
- Ethernet: An RJ-45 port can provide a wired Ethernet connection to a computer or network for configuring and controlling the Ui24R.
- Ethernet 2: Future expansion port - currently not used.
- Wi-Fi Indicator: A front-panel LED will light solid to indicate the built-in Wi-Fi is working properly.
- USB 1&2: Two side-panel USB-A ports can be used to connect a keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen controller (audio playback not supported).
- HDMI: Allows the Mixer Web Interface to be displayed on an HDMI-enabled monitor or TV.
- Footswitch: A 1/4" jack lets you use an optional non-latching footswitch (sold separately) to toggle through configuration selections. Footswitch functions can be assigned in the Settings menu.
- Power Connector & Power Switch: The Ui24R's universal power supply can accept 100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz. An IEC 3-pin power cable is included.
- Reset: A recessed push-button will "soft reset" the Ui24R if pressed once. If held down for 10 seconds while powering the unit on, only the Network settings will be reset. A full reset, that reverts the unit back to factory default, can be done if required. Please see Owner's Manual for full procedure.
Wired & Wireless Operation: The Soundcraft Ui24R uses built-in web server technology to enable computer, tablet, and phone-based in-browser control of all functions, without the need for downloading apps onto the controlling devices. The Ui24R is compatible with iOS, Android (web browser 4.4 or higher, or Chrome), Windows, Mac OS, and Linux web browsers.
- Wi-Fi: The mixer's built-in Wi-Fi lets you easily connect to it wirelessly by searching and selecting the Soundcraft Ui24 from your device's Wi-Fi menu. Once connected, all configuration settings can be accessed and setup using that device. The browser-based software is available in two versions - small screen, which is optimized for phone-size devices, and large screen for tablets and computers. Two 3.5" Wi-Fi antennas are provided - one on the front panel and one on the right side-panel. Both can be swiveled and rotated for optimum placement.
- Ethernet: The Ui24R can also connect into an existing Wi-Fi network or wired LAN (Local Area Network) using the RJ-45 Ethernet port, letting you configure and control the mixer from a computer on the same network. The built-in configuration software lets you edit Wi-Fi and LAN settings, along with configuring access and control options for additional users.
Multi-User Interface: The Ui24R allows up to 10 wireless devices to be connected to it, allowing you and 9 other musicians to configure and control individual monitor mixes during a live performance. As the "administrator", you can control the Master Output, as well as set restrictions on which parameters each individual user can access, letting them change their own mix, but not others or the Master Output mix.
Channel Configuration: The Soundcraft Ui24R features a flexible I/O matrix that lets you route any input signal to any output, either Aux or Master. Up to 24 inputs can be used simultaneously - 10 XLR, 10 XLR/1/4" combo jacks, 2 line-level, and 2 digital. Channel Sub Groups can be assigned for quick control of multiple tracks (i.e. individual drum kit channels can be grouped to a single Sub Group fader). VCA Groups are also provided, letting you change the level of multiple channels simultaneously from the VCA Master, with all associated VCAs keeping their level-offset. Each Input and Output channel features a Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for displaying a spectral view of the audio signal. Other channel parameters include:
- Gain: Each input channel has a gain adjustment ranging from -10dB to +60dB. A corresponding Clip indicator will light if the input signal reaches the distortion point.
- Phantom Power: +48V of phantom power can be applied individually to each input channel if connecting a condenser microphone.
- Phase Reverse: Inverts the phase of the incoming signal by 180˚, for eliminating unwanted frequencies that may result in feedback, or to correct the sound when certain frequencies become either "cancelled" or "reinforced" while in-phase.
- HI-Z (Channels 1 & 2): This high impedance setting lets you plug a guitar or bass guitar directly into the mixer.
- DigiTech Processing (Channels 1 & 2): Lets you select from various DigiTech guitar amp and cabinet emulations when running a guitar through Inputs 1 or 2. Amp head and speaker cabinet can be individually assigned.
- Input Delay: Lets you delay that channel's signal from 1-250ms. This can compensate for the delay caused by microphones placed across a large stage.
- Mute: Shuts off the incoming audio signal.
- Solo: Lets you listen to the selected channel individually.
- Pan/Balance: Positions the incoming signal inside the stereo field.
- Fader & VU Meter: Each channel strip includes a virtual fader for adjusting the signal level, and a corresponding VU (level) meter.
- Channel Name: Each channel can be named for easy identification.
- HPF & LPF: High- and low-pass filters can be applied to each input and output channel, with a selectable cutoff frequency between 20Hz and 1kHz for the HPF, and 1kHz and 22kHz for the LPF. Three slope types are available - 12dB, 24dB, and 36dB.
- Parametric EQ: Input channels can
have a 4-band parametric EQ applied to them, with options for:
- Band: Each band is selectable from 20Hz-22kHz.
- Q: Determines how wide a range of frequencies the selected Band affects. Range: .05-15
- Gain: Provides ±20dB of boost/cut to the selected frequency.
- dbx Dynamics: Three types of dbx dynamics are available for input and output channels - Gate, Compressor, and De-esser, each with multiple parameters for fine-tuning.
- Lexicon Effects (FX): The Ui24R has three internal Lexicon FX processors - Reverb, Delay, and Chorus, that can all be individually applied to input channels, each with multiple parameters that can be adjusted.
- Graphic EQ: Auxiliary and Master Outputs can have a 31-band graphic EQ applied to them, with band selectable between 20Hz and 20kHz with ±15dB of boost/cut.
Shows & Snapshots: The Ui24R mixer lets you save and store the current configuration for all channels as a Snapshot, letting you quickly recall those configuration settings. A common usage for Snapshots is to have one Snapshot per song in a set list. At the end of a song, the next Snapshot can be recalled, setting up the mixer for the next song. Multiple Snapshots can be saved as a Show, letting you save/recall all Snapshots for different live events. Channel Safes allow a specified channel not to change when a new Snapshot is recalled. Snapshots and Shows are stored and recalled from a USB drive (sold separately).
Audio Playback & Recording:
- USB Playback: The Soundcraft mixer features a front-panel USB-A port for 2-channel or multi-track audio playback. This can be used for playing backing tracks during a live performance, or for background music between sets.
- USB Recording: The Ui24R lets you record up to 22 separate tracks simultaneously - 20 mic/line and 2 RCA line-in. It features a USB-B port for connecting a computer, letting you record up to 22 separate tracks directly to a computer DAW. A USB-A port lets you record 2-channel audio to a USB flash drive while simultaneously recording multi-channel audio to a computer DAW. If not recoding to a computer, up to 22 tracks can be recorded to a USB-A flash drive.
Note: All recording must be done to a connected USB flash drive or computer (sold separately). A USB 3.0 flash drive with a transfer rate of 25mb/s or higher is required for multi-track recording.
Ableton Live 10 Lite: The Ui24R includes an authorization key for downloading Ableton 10 Live Lite DAW software, the industry-leading music-making software that lets you record, edit, and produce your music. Key features include:
- Up to 16 audio and MIDI tracks
- 4 Software Instruments
- Over 1500 sounds (5+ GB)
- 21 Audio effects
- 8 MIDI effects
- VST2, VST3, and Audio Unit support
Rack-Mountable: Designed to be rack-mounted, the Ui24R is an industry-standard 19" wide and is 4 RU (Rack Units) high. Built-in rack-ears also double as handles for easy maneuvering and mounting. Recessed side panels allow any connected cables to pass through the open section of the handles, so no connectors or cables protrude from the rear of the unit.
- Total Input Channels: 24 (10 Mic, 10 Mic/Line, 2 RCA, 2-track USB)
- Audio Inputs:
- Mic: (10) Balanced XLR
- Mic/Line: (10) Balanced XLR/1/4" combo jacks
- Line-In: (2) RCA
- USB: (1) USB-A
- Audio Outputs:
- Master: (2) Balanced XLR, (2) Balanced 1/4"
- Auxiliary: (8) Balanced XLR
- Headphones: (2) 1/4"
- USB: (1) Type-A for audio playback, (1) Type-B for computer connection
- Networking: (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi
- Controller Inputs: (2) USB-A, (1) 1/4" Footswitch
- Monitor Output: (1) HDMI
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (± 0.5dB)
- Mic Input (Min Gain): <0.005% (@ 1kHz)
- Mic Input (Max Gain): <0.008% (@ 1kHz)
- Input Gain: -10dB - +60dB
- Inputs: 4-Band parametric
- Outputs: 31-Band graphic
- dbx AFS²: Available for all 10 outputs
- Dynamics: dbx Gate, Compressor, De-esser
- Effects: Lexicon Reverb, Delay, and Chorus
- Latency: 3.2ms (All processing on for inputs and outputs)
- Mic Input 1&2: 4.2kΩ
- Mic Input 3-20: 6kΩ
- Line Input: 12kΩ
- Hi-Z Input: >600kΩ
- Balanced Outputs: <150Ω
- Maximum Input & Output Levels:
- Mic Input: +19.5dBu
- Line Input: +19.5dBu
- Mix Output: +20.5dBu
- Headphones: 500mW (w/ 1 output used), 380mW (both outputs used)
- AC Power Consumption: <65W (typical)
- AC Input Voltage: 88-265VAC auto sensing
- AC Frequency: 47-63Hz
- Operating Temperature: 41˚F - 104˚F
- Dimensions: Width = 19.0", Height = 7.0" (4 RU), Depth = 7.0"
- Net Weight: 11.5 lbs.