About the Philips Hue Econic White and Color Ambiance Outdoor Wall Light
Paint your porch with light
Paint your porch with light
I have a couple Hue White and Color Ambiance bulbs in my house, and I enjoy changing them to suit my mood. And with this Econic Outdoor Wall Light, it's easy to be playful with your exterior lighting, too. The lantern-style fixture has an integrated LED that can display over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of white light. This is an attractive way to add some easy-to-adjust seasonal lighting to your front porch, outdoor dining area, and more.
Control it with the app
To set up the light, you'll need a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to select color and brightness, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere at home, or even when you're not at home.
Use the "Home & Away" feature in the app to make your porch light come on automatically when you arrive home.
If you'd like your guests to enjoy an automatically illuminated entrance, too, you can pick up an outdoor motion sensor to trigger the light when people approach.
Or use your voice
You can also control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Econic wall light works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
- weatherproof outdoor light fixture designed to illuminate entryways
- includes integrated Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LED
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- designed for hardwiring into your home's AC power
- requires Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- remotely control the bulb using the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- adjustable brightness up to 1150 lumens
- color temperature: 2000-6500K
- 15 watts (roughly equivalent to a 79-watt incandescent bulb)
- compatible with:
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- made of aluminum and tempered glass
- IP44-rated for outdoor use
- integrated bulb is not replaceable
- 7-5/8"W x 12-5/16"H x 9-5/8"D
- weight: 4.4 lbs
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1744030V7
What's in the box:
- Outdoor LED wall light
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Rubber washers
- 2 Cap nuts
- User Manual
- Safety Instructions
- FCC compliance sheet
- Get Started with Philips Hue
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Econic White and Color Ambiance Outdoor Wall Light
Overview: The Philips Hue Econic Outdoor Wall Light is designed to light your entryway with quality white or color light in a sturdy weatherproof fixture. The fixture comes with a single built-in LED bulb. When paired with the Hue Bridge (sold separately, or as part of a starter kit), you can vary the color or color temperature, or set light schedules to suit your needs. The Econic Outdoor Wall Light should be mounted to a 4" octagonal junction box and hardwired to your home's AC power.
Econic Outdoor Wall Light: The Econic Outdoor Wall Light is a traditional styled outdoor light fixture that'll last for years. It has an IP44 waterproof rating, with protection from splashed water, and against objects bigger than 1 mm. The tapered fixture is 7-5/8" wide, 12-1/4" high, 9-5/8" deep, and weighs around 4.3 pounds. The built-in LED bulb has a light output of 1150 lumens. It produces white light that can be varied from warm white (2000K) to cool daylight (6500K), and up to 16-million colors. The bulb has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 and 50,000 switching cycles.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Note: The Outdoor Wall Light is not controllable via Bluetooth.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Outdoor Wall Light operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)