About the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Signe Table Light
Set the scene
Set the scene
I have some Hue white and color ambiance ambiance bulbs, and they make it so easy to create just the right ambiance for any situation. I love that I no longer have to settle for harsh full brightness and a single shade of white light. And just like my Hue bulbs, this Signe table lamp lets you choose from over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light. But this lamp's slender design makes it a whole lot easier to brighten up the darker corners of your home.
To set it up, you'll need a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to select color and brightness, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home. Hue Sync, a companion desktop app, even lets you synchronize your lights to the movies, music, and games you play on your computer.
Create just the right ambiance with this sleek table lamp.
Control it with your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. The Signe lamp works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Other control options
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer or Tap. Or, if you've got a lot of smart gadgets you want to easily operate from one place, try replacing a wall outlet with a Brilliant Smart Home Control. You can also program Logitech's hub-based remotes to control Hue lighting.
- add-on accent light for Philips Hue smart lighting systems
- requires Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- plug-and-play design lets you easily move it around your home
- included AC adapter plugs into a wall outlet for power
- compatible with:
- controlled from the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- brightness: up to 700 lumens
- integrated 10-watt LED
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- 3-1/16"W x 24-3/4"H x 2-9/16"D
- weight: 1.79 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4080148U7
What's in the box:
- LED table lamp with attached 64" power cord
- AC/DC power supply (DC output: 24V 0.83A)
- 2-Prong US plug adapter (installed on power supply)
- User Manual
- Get Started booklet
- Safety Instructions
- FCC compliance sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Signe Table Light
Overview: The Philips Hue Signe (4080148U7) is a unique LED table light that can be controlled with your smartphone or tablet through the Philips Hue app. It has a 5" tall aluminum base with a 19.75" tall light tube that produces white and up to 16-million colors of light. Controlling the light requires the Hue bridge, sold separately, or as part of a Hue Starter Kit.
Note: The Signe light is not controllable via Bluetooth.
Signe Table Lamp: The Signe table lamp can be placed on a table or shelf in your living room or bedroom to add color to a wall or set a mood. The LED light is rated at 700 lumens with an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. The 19.5" tall light tube is made of aluminum with a slender "lens" for emitting the light. The lens is aimed toward the rear of the lamp (widest part of the base) in a 120° arc. The LED bulb is non-replaceable. The lamp has a 64" cord and a 24-volt power supply. The dimensions are as follows:
- Overall: Width 3.025" Height 24.75" Depth 2.566"
- Base Height: 5"
- Tube Length: 19.75"
- Weight: 1.79 pounds
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Signe operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, choose a color, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)