About the Philips Hue BR30 White Ambiance Bulb
Enjoy smart lighting in your home
Use warm light in the evening for a soft, comfortable feel.
Enjoy smart lighting in your home
Philips Hue systems let you personalize and control your home's lighting in fun and creative ways. This efficient LED bulb is an add-on for a Philips Hue Starter Kit. It replaces a floodlight-style BR30 incandescent or CFL bulb. Operate your smart lighting system with the free Philips Hue app on your phone or tablet (Apple®, Android™).
Ambiance made easy
The BR30 features easily adjustable white light. Use warm light in the evening for a soft feel in the room. Or dial up cool, bright light that makes waking up in the morning feel natural.
Expand your existing Hue system
You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
- smart LED light bulb for Philips Hue systems
- bulb can be controlled through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- compatible with:
- floodlight-style BR30 bulb
- uses your existing light fixture — simply replace the bulb
- produces high-quality white light
- adjustable color temperature lets you choose warmer (redder) or cooler (bluer) white light
- adjustable brightness up to 680 lumens
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 6.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 50-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use
- beam angle: -180° ± 20° for wide coverage
- bulb size: 5-1/2"W x 3-3/4"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 464438
What's in the box:
- Hue White Ambiance LED flood light bulb (BR30)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue BR30 White Ambiance Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White Ambiance BR30 flood light can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. It is not a standalone item, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb: The Hue LED White Ambiance BR30 flood light can be used in most standard light sockets (Edison screw base). It has a BR30 form factor, and is 3.7" at widest point and 5.2" tall. The bulb is rated at 6.5 watts (0.5W at standby), and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulbs have a beam angle of 120° (±20°), and a startup time of less than 2 seconds from AC power (less than half a second from standby). The White Ambiance bulb can create over 50,000 shades of white, from warm to cold color temperatures. The lumen output is as follows: 680 lm @ 4000K, 600 lm @ 3000K, 350 lm @ 2200K, 440 lm @ 6500K, and 46 lm/W luminous efficacy @ 4000K.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?