About the Philips Hue BR30 White Ambiance Bulbs
Enjoy smart lighting in your home
Use warm light in the evening for a soft, comfortable feel.
Enjoy smart lighting in your home
Philips Hue systems let you personalize and control your home's lighting in fun and creative ways. These efficient LED bulbs are an add-on for a Philips Hue Starter Kit. They replace floodlight-style BR30 incandescent or CFL bulbs. Operate your smart lighting system with the free Philips Hue app on your phone or tablet (Apple®, Android™).
Ambiance made easy
The BR30s feature easily adjustable white light. Use warm light in the evening for a soft feel in the room. Or dial up cool, bright light that makes waking up in the morning feel natural.
Expand your existing Hue system
You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
- two floodlight-style BR30 smart LED light bulbs for Philips Hue systems
- controllable via the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- compatible with:
- uses your existing light fixtures — simply replace the bulbs
- produces high-quality white light
- adjustable color temperature lets you choose warmer (redder) or cooler (bluer) white light
- adjustable brightness up to 680 lumens
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 6.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 50-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use (each)
- beam angle: -180° ± 20° for wide coverage
- bulb size: 5-1/2"W x 3-3/4"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 466508
What's in the box:
- 2 Hue White Ambiance LED flood light bulbs (BR30)
Philips Hue BR30 White Ambiance Bulbs reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue BR30 White Ambiance Bulbs
Overview: These Philips Hue LED White Ambiance BR30 flood lights can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. They are not standalone items, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb: The Hue LED White Ambiance BR30 flood lights can be used in most standard light sockets (Edison screw base). The bulbs have a BR30 form factor, and are 3.7" at widest point and 5.2" tall. The bulbs are rated at 6.5 watts (0.5W at standby), and have an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulbs are a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulbs have a beam angle of 120° (±20°), and a startup time of less than 2 seconds from AC power (less than half a second from standby). The White Ambiance bulbs can create over 50,000 shades of white, from warm to cold color temperatures. The lumen output is as follows: 680 lm @ 4000K, 600 lm @ 3000K, 350 lm @ 2200K, 440 lm @ 6500K, ands 46 lm/W luminous efficacy @ 4000K.
Note: The bulbs are not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and are designed for indoor use only.