About the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Convenient dimming (and more)
Convenient dimming (and more)
Some relatives and guests in your home might prefer a more traditional wall switch to downloading an app. This Philips Hue dimmer switch is a great way to please them and add a bit of convenience for you.
It functions like a standard wall switch with on, off, and dimming options. But if it's controlling Hue ambiance bulbs, it can also do a bit more. The on button can be used to switch between four light recipes — relax, read, concentrate, and energize. Or if you have a Hue bridge, you can use the Philips Hue app to replace those preset recipes with your four favorite custom scenes.
The dimmer is battery-powered, so you can mount the base plate just about anywhere in your home using screws or adhesive tape. The actual remote control is magnetic and can be easily removed from the base for portable control of your lights.
- remotely turn on, turn off, or dim Philips Hue light bulbs
- when used with ambiance bulbs, the on button switches between 4 light recipes
- includes mountable wall plate
- attaches to wall plate magnetically, making the dimmer portable
- wireless range of at least 40 feet
- rated to deliver up to 50,000 lifetime clicks
- dim up to 10 light bulbs at the same time
- powered by one long-lasting battery (included)
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- software is upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge
- bridge enables app control and compatibility with:
- remote: 1-7/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 1/2"D
- weight: 1.2 oz.
- wall plate: 2-13/16"W x 4-9/16"H x 5/16"D
- weight of remote and wall plate: 2.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 473371
What's in the box:
- Magnetic wall plate
- CR2450 battery (installed)
Philips Hue Dimmer Switch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Overview: The Philips Hue Dimmer Switch (473371) is used for controlling your Hue lighting system. The dimmer switch consists of a battery-powered remote control, and a wall-mountable, magnetic plate. The remote can be used anywhere, and stored on the wall plate like a light switch.
Remote: The Dimmer Switch needs no wiring or installation, but requires a connection to the Philips Hue Bridge and the latest Hue software (upgradeable when connected to the Bridge). It utilizes Zigbee Light Link (ZLL) wireless protocol (IEEE 802.15.4), working on the 2.4 GHz frequency band (2400-2483.5 MHz). It has an indoor range of 500 inches (over 41 feet). The dimmer controls include On, Dim Up, Dim Down, and Off. The switch has an estimated lifetime of 50,000 clicks.
Note: When not connected to the Hue Bridge, you can still control up to 10 lights per switch.
Scene Switching: When using the Dimmer Switch with Philips Hue White Ambiance or White and Color Ambiance bulbs, you can use the On button to switch between 4 light recipes. You can also switch between your favorite four scenes, as configured in the Philips Hue app.
Battery: The Dimmer Switch is powered by a user-replaceable CR2450 battery (installed). The battery has an estimated life of 3 years.
Wall Plate: The wall plate can be attached to any flat surface using the included adhesive strips, or with two screws (not included). Two magnets on the wall plate hold the remote securely to the plate, so that it can be used like a wall switch and dimmer.
- Remote: Width 1.382" Height 3.621" Depth 0.475"
- Wall Plate: Width 2.762" Height 4.525" Depth 0.29"
- Weight: Remote 1.2 ounces
1 question already asked