About the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19/E26 Bulb
A shade for every mood
A shade for every mood
The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance bulb is a standard size that fits most common light fixtures. But — unlike those old-fashioned bulbs — this smart LED bulb lets you choose from over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light. And you can control it in almost any way you want.
Choose from a variety of nifty white and color presets — or select your own custom shade — with the handy mobile app.
Robust app control . . .
To set it up, you'll need a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to select color and brightness, right from the palm of your hand. Use it from anywhere in your home, or even when you're not at home. Hue Sync, a companion desktop app, even lets you synchronize your lights to the movies, music, and games you play on your computer.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
. . . or use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. This Hue bulb works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Even more control options
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer or Tap. Or, if you've got a lot of smart gadgets you want to easily operate from one place, try replacing a wall outlet with a Brilliant Smart Home Control. You can also program Logitech's hub-based remotes to control Hue lighting.
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- requires Philips Hue Wireless Bridge
- remotely control your bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- sync your lights with movies and music for immersive experiences
- schedule lights to come on when you're away
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- compatible with:
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 10 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 530210
What's in the box:
- White and color LED light bulb
- Get started sheet
- FCC compliance sheet
More details on the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19/E26 Bulb
Overview: The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance E26 bulb (#530210) is a Wi-Fi controllable, highly efficient LED light bulb. Philips Hue light bulbs are designed to be added on to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. The bulbs have no local control, but are designed to be controlled remotely and wirelessly through the Philips Hue system. A Philips Hue Starter Kit (sold separately) contains the Bridge which will allow you to turn on/off, dim/brighten, or change the color of the bulbs with an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. It is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue light bulbs not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Light Bulb: The LED white and color ambiance bulb can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). It has an A19 form factor, and is 2.4" at widest point and 4.3" tall. The bulb is rated at 10 watts and 800 lumens, and has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from warm to cool daylight (2000K to 6500K), and choose from up to 16-million colors. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Three types of Philips Hue lights are available: White and Color Ambiance (this starter kit), White Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available for Apple devices running iOS 11.0 or later. The app is also available for Android devices -- version varies with device.