About the Philips Hue White A19 Starter Kit
Philips Hue bulbs make it easy to find the right lighting for every mood.
This Philips Hue white light kit is an easy way to add smart lighting to your home. The two included LED bulbs replace most standard incandescent or CFLs, and — unlike CFLs — they turn on at full brightness instantly. And the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ lets you control the lights from wherever you are, whether that's across the room or across the country.
Setup is simple
Connect the bridge to your wireless router using the supplied Ethernet cable, and plug it into a power outlet. Then replace your existing bulbs with Hue bulbs, and you're all set.
Use your voice
You can control your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. This Hue kit works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Home. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking.
Expand your Hue system
Controlling your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old-fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a dimmer wall switch or a Tap remote. The motion sensor can add even more convenience.
This starter pack comes with two dimmable white bulbs, but the included bridge can actually control up to 50 Hue bulbs, so you can mix and match with other Philips Hue smart lighting products. Pick up a color-capable bulb or lamp, and your mood lighting options will expand by 16 million colors.
- includes two Hue smart LED light bulbs and a wireless bridge
- remotely control your bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- compatible with:
Philips Hue light bulbs:
- standard E26/A19 bulbs fit most common light fixtures
- adjustable brightness up to 840 lumens
- color temperature: 2700K (warm white)
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 9.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
Wireless Bridge (version 2.1):
- connects to your router via Ethernet cable
- enables wireless control of your smart lighting system with the Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™
- controls up to 50 Hue bulbs and 12 lighting accessories
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3-1/2"W x 3-1/2"W x 1"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 530337
What's in the box:
- 2 Hue white bulbs (E26)
- Hue Bridge
- AC adapter with attached 5' DC output cord (DC output: 5V 5W)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- Get Started guide
Philips Hue White A19 Starter Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White A19 Starter Kit
Overview: The Philips Hue White E26 Starter Kit (#530337) consists of two Wi-Fi controllable LED white bulbs and a wireless bridge. With these items, and the free Philips Hue app, you can control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system allows you to set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. With optional color ambience bulbs and other accessories, you can even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 10 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge.
Apple HomeKit Compatible: This Starter Kit is compatible with Apple HomeKit technology, which allows you to control your lights using your Apple iOS device, including voice control through Siri. The kit includes the newest square-shaped Hue bridge (version 2.1), which supports the hardware authentication required for Apple HomeKit. (The round-shaped bridge from the original Starter kit #426353 is not compatible with HomeKit technology.)
Alexa and Google Assistant Compatible: The Hue Starter Kit is also compatible with Alexa (Amazon Echo) and the Google Assistant. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene.
Light Bulbs: The two LED white bulbs included in this Starter Kit can be used in most standard light sockets (E26 Edison screw base). They have an A19 form factor (or the metric equivalent A60) and are 2.4" at widest point and 4.2" tall. The bulbs are rated at 9.5 watts and 800 lumens, and have an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switch cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to dim or brighten the light output. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulbs have a beam angle of 180° (±20°), and, unlike compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs, these LED bulbs are "instant on."
Bridge: The Hue Bridge 2.1 is the heart of the Philips Hue system, and can be wall-mounted or placed on a desktop. It connects to your router via the included Ethernet cable, and communicates wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet and the Hue lighting products. It operates on the 2.4GHz band (2400-2483.5 MHz), and Zigbee Light link protocol, and comes with a AC adapter with a 5V 5W DC output. Dimensions: 3.5" x 3.5" x 1.".
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Three types of Philips Hue lights are available: White (this starter kit), White Ambiance, and White and Color Ambiance. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
App Compatibility: The Philips Hue app is available for Apple devices running iOS 11.0 or later. The app is also available for Android devices -- version varies with device.