About the Philips Hue White BR30 Bulb
Smarten up your recessed cans
Smarten up your recessed cans
Add dimmable warm, white light to your recessed cans and floodlights with these Hue bulbs (available in packs of one or two). They connect to your mobile device using Bluetooth — no bridge required. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Add smart dimming to your recessed lighting with this two-pack of BR30 bulbs from Hue.
Use your voice
You can also control these bulbs hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock.
- BR30 form factor with E26 Edison screw fitting for floodlights and recessed cans
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- delivers dimmable warm white light (2700K)
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 9 watts (roughly equivalent to a 65-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 3-3/4"W x 5-1/8"H x 3-3/4"D (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 538157
What's in the box:
- BR30 White flood light bulb (E26 screw base)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White BR30 Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White BR30 flood light (538157) is a wirelessly controllable, highly efficient LED flood light bulb that works well in your recessed lighting cans. Philips Hue light bulbs are designed to be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. It produces soft warm white light (2700K), and can be controlled (turn on/off, dim/brighten) via Bluetooth in a single room via Bluetooth, or paired to a Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The bulb is covered by a 3-year warranty.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White BR30 flood light can be used in most standard light sockets (E26 Edison screw base). It has a BR30 form factor, and is 3.7" at widest point and 5.1" tall. The bulb is rated at 9 watts (0.5W max standby), and 800 lumens, equivalent to a 65-watt incandescent bulb. It has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. The BR30 bulb is an energy saver with an estimated energy cost of $1.09 per year, based on 3 hours use per day and 11¢ per kilowatt hour. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to dim the light to suit the mood. The internal software is automatically upgradable via Bluetooth or when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 120° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Bluetooth App Control: The bulb features Bluetooth App Control, which allows you to access some features without the Hue Bridge. With the Philips Hue Bluetooth App gives you the ability to control up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights from up to 30 feet away. You can turn the lights on or off, dim or brighten the bulb, change the color, and apply Light "recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control them with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Android devices running version 7.0 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 13.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet.Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)