About the Philips Hue GU10 White and Color Ambiance Bulb (250 lumens)
Hub-free color and white light control
Hub-free color and white light control
Take smart control of your track lights or mini cans with this GU10 Ambiance bulb from Philips Hue. Bluetooth control means you can operate these lights without a hub, but you can get even more control if you connect them to the optional Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately).
No Bridge is required to use this bulb, but you can expand your options when you add one.
This bulb gives you tunable light, with millions of colors, including warm to cool white. And the free Philips Hue app makes it easy to group, schedule, and create presets for up to 10 lights using Bluetooth, and more using the Bridge.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is super-convenient, but some folks prefer a good old-fashioned wall switch. A Hue dimmer adds a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth- or Bridge-based system — and it's battery-powered so you don't need to deal with any wiring.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge. Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom — like a smart sunrise.
- mini flood bulb with GU10 two-pin base for track lights and mini cans
- adjustable brightness up to 250 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 25-watt incandescent bulb)
- dimmable (only with Philips Hue mobile app or Philips Hue Dimmer Switch — will not work with manual dimmer switch)
- works with Bluetooth, but offers expanded capability with Wi-Fi via Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- control your bulbs with the free Philips Hue mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- tunable white color temperature: 2000-6500K (warm white to cool white light)
- tunable to millions of custom colors
- schedule, group, and control up to 10 smart lights throughout your home (up to 50 with Philips Hue Bridge)
- operate lights when you are away from home (only with Philips Hue Bridge)
- compatible with:
- operational temperature from -4°F to 113°F
- rated at 6 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 15,000 hours
- 2" diameter x 2-5/16"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 542332
What's in the box:
- White and color ambiance LED (GU10) bulb
Philips Hue GU10 White and Color Ambiance Bulb (250 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue GU10 White and Color Ambiance Bulb (250 lumens)
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White and Color Ambiance GU10 bulb is a wirelessly controllable, highly efficient LED spotlight bulb for bright, directional light in kitchens or workspaces. It produces white and colored light, and can be controlled (turn on/off, dim/brighten, change colors) in a single room via Bluetooth, or paired to a Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The bulb is covered by a 3-year warranty.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White and Color Ambiance GU10 spotlight bulb can only be used in appropriate GU10 sockets. The GU10 form factor has two pins instead of a screw base like the Edison E26. The bulb is approximately 2" at its widest point and 2.2" tall. The bulb is rated at 6 watts (0.5W max standby), and 400 lumens. It has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color of the light output to any of 16-million colors, and 50,000 shades of white light ranging from 2000 (warm white) to 6500 Kelvin (cool daylight). The internal software is automatically upgradable via Bluetooth or when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of -46° (±3°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Philips Hue App: The Philips Hue app, when used with the Hue Bridge, gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake-up and go-to-sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. Bluetooth control has been incorporated into the Philips Hue app, allowing control of up to 10 Bluetooth-compatible Hue products from within the room. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 14.0 or later, or for Android devices running Android 10 and up.
Bluetooth Control: The bulb is Bluetooth-compatible, allowing you to control the light from the room without the Hue Bridge. Up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet from up to 30 feet away. You can turn the lights on or off, dim or brighten the bulb, and apply Light "recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control them with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Bluetooth control requires the Philips Hue app.
Note: The separate Philips Hue Bluetooth app is no longer available.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet.Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)