About the Philips Hue A19 White Ambiance Bulb 2-pack (800 lumens)
A shade for every mood
A shade for every mood
Sometimes when I'm light bulb shopping, I can't decide whether I want a warm or cool white light bulb. With this two-pack of White Ambiance Bulbs from Hue, you don't have to choose. Replace the standard bulbs in almost any fixture with these, and you'll get a wide range of dimmable white light. Experiment to find your favorite shade of white, or choose from four preset “Recipes” — relax, read, concentrate, and energize — that change the color temperature based on your mood or task.
No Bridge is required to use these bulbs, but you can expand your options when you add one.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. These new bulbs connect to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control these bulbs hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home device. That means you can turn your lights on or off, dim them, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock. And if you want to move from shades of white to your choice of 16 million colors, check out Hue's collection of White and Color Ambiance products.
- pack of two dimmable Hue White Ambiance bulbs with Bluetooth
- A19 form factor with E26 fitting fits most light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- bulbs can also be controlled through the free Philips Hue app (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- high-quality light that ranges from warm white to cool daylight
- color temperature: shades of white (2000-6500K)
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- light recipes allow easy customization of daily routines
- included presets: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- instant-on means no waiting for bulbs to warm up
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- 7.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use per bulb
- 2-7/16"W x 4-7/16"H x 2-7/16"D (each)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 548560
What's in the box:
- 2 White Ambiance LED A19 light bulbs (E26 screw base)
Philips Hue A19 White Ambiance Bulb 2-pack (800 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue A19 White Ambiance Bulb 2-pack (800 lumens)
Overview: The Philips Hue White Ambiance A19 bulb (#548560-2 pack) is a Wi-Fi controllable, highly efficient LED light bulb. Philips Hue light bulbs are designed to be added on to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. The bulb features instant local control via Bluetooth (and the Philips Hue app) in one room, and can be controlled remotely and wirelessly through the Philips Hue system. The Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately or as part of a Starter Kit) is required to turn on/off, dim/brighten, or change the color temperature of the bulbs with an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The bulbs in the 2-pack are covered by a 2-year warranty.
Bluetooth App Control: This new Hue White Ambiance bulb now features Bluetooth App Control, which allows you to access some features without the Hue Bridge. With the Philips Hue Bluetooth App gives you the ability to control up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights from up to 30 feet away. You can turn the lights on or off, change the color temperature, and apply "Light Recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control them with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Android devices running version 7.0 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app for use with the Hue Bridge gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Light Bulb: The LED White Ambiance bulb can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). It has an A19 form factor, and is 2.4" at its widest point and 4.4" tall. The bulb is rated at 7.5 watts and 800 lumens, with a brightness equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb. It has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours, and up to 50,000 switching cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from warm to cool daylight (2200K to 6500K). The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet.Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)