About the Philips Hue Filament Bulb
Vintage style with modern features
Vintage style with modern features
I have some Philips Hue bulbs, and I love how fun and easy it is to control them. But I wouldn't say I love the way they look — and I don't have to because they are safely tucked behind lamp shades. But when I saw this new filament bulb, I honestly thought "I really need to add some exposed bulbs in my house." The retro style and warm, amber light can add a real touch of glamour to your home's mood lighting. And you don't even have to sacrifice the modern convenience of an instant-on, dimmable smart bulb.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock. And if you want to add 16 million color options, check out Hue's collection of White and Color Ambiance products.
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- delivers warm white light (2100K)
- adjustable brightness up to 530 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 smart lights to control throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 7 watts (roughly equivalent to a 40-watt incandescent bulb)
- rated for approximately 15,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 2-3/8" diameter x 4-7/16"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 551770
What's in the box:
- White LED single filament bulb (A19 form factor)
- Operating Instructions
- Caution sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Filament Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED white Single Filament bulb is a vintage-styled light bulb with a coiled filament for a unique lighting treatment in any room. The bulb can be paired with the Hue Bridge for a full array of features, or connected to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth for basic lighting controls. The bulb gives off a warm white light, and is dimmable using the Philips Hue App. It has a standard Edison screw base (E26) and fits into most standard light sockets.
Wi-Fi Control: The Single Filament bulb can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system and combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, with a wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth. Bluetooth control requires a separate Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes of preset color, temperature, and brightness to set the mood. Individually, you can control each light bulb by changing color, turn on/off, dim or brighten the light. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app lets also you use the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa voice assistants to control your lights with your voice. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Light Bulb: The Hue LED white Single Filament bulb features a coiled filament design to give your light fixtures a vintage look. The bulb is dimmable, but the color temperature is fixed at 2100K (amber). The bulb can be used in most standard light sockets. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only. Specifications of the bulb include:
- Fitting: E26 (Edison screw base)
- Form Factor: A19
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Color Temperature: 2100K (Amber)
- Lumen Output: 530 lm
- Maximum Operation Power: 7W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.5W
- Estimated Lifetime: 15,000 hours
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.358" Height 4.435"
- Weight: 1.75 ounces