About the Philips Hue Smart Plug
Add smart control to your atypical lights
Add smart control to your atypical lights
Philips Hue offers an excellent variety of bulbs, but there's still not quite a bulb for every kind of lamp you might have at home. With this Philips Hue Smart Plug, you can bring smart control to any kind of plug-in light — including those oddball lamps and string lights. And you can control them using the Philips Hue Bluetooth app so you don't have to purchase and set up a hub.
Use your voice
You can also control this plug hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off just by asking.
The Smart Plug also has a stackable design that won't block other outlets. And there's a handy power button on the side so your houseguests don't have to ask you to turn off the lamp when they want to go to bed.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
- switch plugs into standard AC wall outlet to add smart control to plug-in lights
- no hub required — control with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- range: 30 feet
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- operate lights when you are away from home
- compact design doesn't block other outlets
- manual power button on the side
- 2-5/8"W x 1-7/16"H x 1-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 552349
What's in the box:
- Smart plug
- Pairing Instructions
Philips Hue Smart Plug reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue Smart Plug
Overview: The Philips Hue Smart Plug (552349) lets you add any plug-in lamp to your Hue Personal Wireless System. With the Smart Plug, you can control it instantly from up to 30 feet with your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. You can link it with the Hue Bridge and control the light from anywhere, set timers, or access other features in a whole house lighting system. You can even control the plugged-in light with your favorite Voice Assistant. The Smart Plug is 2-5/8" x 1-7/16" x 1-5/16" (W x H x D), and is rated at 1800 watts. It has a single 3-pronged outlet.
Bluetooth App Control: The Smart Plug features Bluetooth App Control, which allows you to access some features without the Hue Bridge. With the Philips Hue Bluetooth App gives you the ability to control up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights from up to 30 feet away. The plug lets you turn the connected lamp on or off, and apply Light "recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control it with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Android devices running version 7.0 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Zigbee Protocol: The Philips Hue Smart Plug operates on the Zigbee Wireless Protocol, which uses the IEEE 802.15.4 personal-area network standard to communicate with the Hue Bridge. It has a long wireless range, which enables you to set up a system of up to 50 Hue-compatible bulbs and devices.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet. Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance (this bulb), White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)