About the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance E12 Bulb
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Bored with your old-fashioned bulbs? Spice things up with this Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Bulb. It fits most candelabra-style light fixtures, but — unlike your old bulbs — this smart LED bulb lets you choose from over 16 million colors and 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light. And you can control it in almost any way you want.
No Bridge is required to use this bulb, but you can expand your options when you add one.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana. You can also set timers and create routines.
- E12 base with B39 form factor fits most candelabra-style light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from 16 million colors or 50,000 shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 450 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies and games — requires Hue HDMI Sync Box (sold separately)
- link with your Spotify account to sync Hue colored lights with your music
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 5.8 watts
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 1-1/2" diameter x 4-1/2"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 556968
What's in the box:
- White and color ambiance LED bulb (E12 screw base)
- Installation instructions
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance E12 Bulb reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance E12 Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White and Color Ambiance decorative candle light bulb is a stylish smart LED bulb that can be wirelessly controlled. It can produce up to 16-million colors, and shades of white light from warm to cool. You can control the bulb via Bluetooth in a single room, or pair it to a Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The bulb is covered by a 2-year warranty.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White and Color Ambiance light bulb fits into an E12 (12mm) base. It does not fit into a standard light bulb socket. The bulb is roughly 1.5" at widest point and 4.5" tall. The bulb is rated at 5.8 watts and 470 lumens, and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours and 50,000 switching cycles. At standby, the bulb is rated at 0.2 watts. The White and Color Ambiance bulb can create over 16 million colors in a range from 2000 to 6500 Kelvin through a wireless interface in the bulb. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge.
Wireless Interface: The White and Color Ambiance bulb can be controlled via Bluetooth and the Hue Bluetooth app. Up to 10 smart lights can be controlled in a single room. When connected to a Hue Bridge, or when added to a Starter Kit (all sold separately), you can control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home using Zigbee wireless protocol. With the built-in wireless interface, you can dim and brighten the bulb, or choose from millions of colors, to set a mood for any event. The app offers four preset light recipes for different tasks: Energize and Concentrate (cool tones to keep you focused), and Read and Relax (warm tones to calm you). You can also set timers for lights to turn on or off at specific times, or combine with motion detectors to come on automatically when you enter a room, or turn off when you leave. Separate Philips Hue apps for Bluetooth and Bridge control are available for both Android and iOS devices.
Voice Control: Philips Hue products work with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant when paired with a compatible Google Nest or Amazon Echo device. Connection to the Hue Bridge also gives you voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana. You can use voice commands to control individual lights, lights in one or more rooms, or control the lights throughout your entire home.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)
Friends of Hue: Philips Hue home lighting products work with many third-party devices to make it simpler to operate. In addition to voice control, you can control the lights with some Logitech Harmony remote controls, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest Thermostats and other products. In addition, Philips Hue lighting products can be triggered by certain events through the IFTTT (If This Then That) app.
The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance E12 Bulb replaces these items
- E12 base fits most candelabra-style light fixtures
- produces high-quality white light and 16 million colors to instantly change the look and atmosphere of your room
- adjustable color temperature up to 6500K