About the Philips Hue White Ambiance E12 Bulb
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Smarten up your candelabra-style fixtures
Sometimes when I'm light bulb shopping, I can't decide whether I want a warm or cool white light bulb. With Hue's White Ambiance Bulbs, you don't have to choose. Replace the E12 bulb in your candelabra-style fixture with one of these, and you'll get a wide range of dimmable white light. Experiment to find your favorite shade of white, or choose from four preset “Recipes” — relax, read, concentrate, and energize — that change the color temperature based on your mood or task.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana. You can also set timers and create routines.
- E12 base with B39 form factor fits most candelabra-style light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- high-quality light that ranges from warm white to cool daylight
- color temperature: shades of white (2000-6500K)
- adjustable brightness up to 450 lumens
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- rated at 5.2 watts
- rated for approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Zigbee and Bluetooth
- 1-9/16" diameter x 4-1/2"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 556976
What's in the box:
- White ambiance LED bulb (E12 screw base)
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White Ambiance E12 Bulb
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White Ambiance E12 bulb is a candelabra-styled light bulb that can be controlled wirelessly. The bulb can be paired with the Hue Bridge for a full array of features, or connected to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth for basic lighting controls. The bulb can produce thousands of shades of white light (warm to cool), and is dimmable using one of the Philips Hue Apps. The bulb has a small candelabra screw base (E12).
Light Bulb: The Hue LED White Ambiance candelabra bulb is dimmable, with a variable color temperature from 2200K (warm white) to 6500K (cool daylight). The bulb has the small E12 screw base for use in a candelabra-type fixture. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Wi-Fi Control: The E12 bulb can be added to an existing Hue lighting system and can be connected to wirelessly to the Hue Bridge (sold separately, or as part of a Starter Kit). The free Philips Hue app (iOS 13.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up) lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Up to 50 Hue products can be controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth. Bluetooth control requires the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes, or control each light bulb individually. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Voice Control: The Hue E12 candelabra bulb can be controlled by voice commands through your favorite Voice Assistant. The lightstrip is compatible with Siri (Apple HomeKit), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Note: Voice Control requires wireless connection to the Hue Bridge.
- Fitting: E12
- Form Factor: Candle
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Color Temperature: 2200K (Warm White) to 6500K (Cool Daylight)
- Lumen Output: 450 lm (at 4000K)
- Wattage: 5.2W
- Wattage Equivalent: 40W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.2W
- Estimated Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 1.54" Height 4.477"
- Weight: 1.76 ounces