About the Philips Hue White A21 Bulb (1600 lumens)
Smarten up your lighting
Smarten up your lighting
Looking to add or expand smart lighting within your home? Just replace the standard bulb in almost any light fixture with this energy-efficient Hue smart bulb for easy-to-control, dimmable, warm white light. This A21 model is a little bigger and a lot brighter than the more compact A19 Hue bulb.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories — like the Tap — and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set schedules and create routines. For example, a “wake up” routine gradually increases the brightness in your bedroom to mimic the effect of sunrise. That sure beats the buzz of an alarm clock. And if you want to add some color to your system, check out Hue's collection of White and Color Ambiance products.
- single smart LED light bulb
- A21 form factor with E26 fitting fits many light fixtures
- delivers dimmable warm white light (2700K)
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- bulbs can also be controlled through the free Philips Hue app (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set schedules, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- adjustable brightness up to 1600 lumens
- 17 watts (roughly equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use per bulb
- 2-11/16"W x 5-1/4"H x 2-11/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 557801
What's in the box:
- White A21 LED smart bulb (E26 screw base)
Philips Hue White A21 Bulb (1600 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue White A21 Bulb (1600 lumens)
Overview: The Philips Hue White A21 LED bulb (#557801) is designed to be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System. The bulb produces soft, warm white light (color temperature 2700 Kelvin), and you can wirelessly control the bulb (turn on/off, dim/brighten) via Bluetooth in a single room, or pair it to a Hue Bridge as part of a whole home smart lighting system. The bulb is covered by a 3-year warranty.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. They are designed for indoor use only.
Light Bulb: The White LED bulb can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). It has an A21 form factor, and is 2.663" at its widest point and 5.237" tall, and weighs 5.85 ounces. The bulb is rated at 17 watts and 1600 lumens, with a brightness equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb. It has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours, and up to 50,000 switching cycles. The White A21 bulb is also an energy saver, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $2.05, based on 3 hours use per day and 11¢ per kilowatt hour. The internal software is automatically upgradable via Bluetooth or when connected to the Philips Hue bridge.
Bluetooth App Control: The bulb features Bluetooth App Control, which allows you to access some features without the Hue Bridge. With the Philips Hue Bluetooth App gives you the ability to control up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled lights from up to 30 feet away. You can turn the lights on or off, dim or brighten the bulb, and apply Light "recipes" for everyday tasks. You can even control them with your voice through the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The Hue Bluetooth app works with Android devices running version 7.0 and up, and Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with iOS 12.0 or later.
Standard App Compatibility: The standard Philips Hue app is for use with the Hue Bridge, and gives you full home control of your Philips Hue lights. Within the full Hue Lighting System, you can set timers and schedules, control lights away from home, set wake up and go to sleep routines, and sync the lights to your music, movies, and video games. Additional Hue products can be added to the system, up to a maximum of 50 bulbs and 12 Hue accessories that can be controlled by a single bridge. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 13.0 or watchOS 3.0 or later, or for Android devices -- version varies with device.
Hue Compatible Products: Hue lighting products not only work within the Philips Hue universe, but, when paired with the Hue Bridge, are compatible with many third party products, including many of the top voice assistants. Hue products work with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana by Microsoft. Using simple voice commands, you can turn the lights on and off, dim or brighten the lights, and set a light scene. In addition, other "Friends of Hue" include IFTTT (If This, Then That), Logitech, Nest, Xfinity, and SmartThings.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet.Philips Hue lights are available in three color ranges: White Ambiance, White and Color Ambiance, and White. Through the Hue app, and with the right Hue products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall. (Requires Color Ambiance bulbs)
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)