About the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Convenient dimming (and more)
Convenient dimming (and more)
Some relatives and guests in your home might prefer a more traditional wall switch to downloading an app. This Philips Hue dimmer switch is a great way to please them and add a bit of convenience for you.
It functions like a standard wall switch with on, off, and dimming options. But if it's controlling Hue ambiance bulbs, it can also do a bit more. You can use it to switch between preset light recipes. Or if you have a Hue bridge, you can use the Philips Hue app to replace those preset recipes with your four favorite custom scenes.
The dimmer is battery-powered, so you can mount the base plate just about anywhere in your home using screws or adhesive tape. The actual remote control is magnetic and can be easily removed from the base for portable control of your lights.
- remotely turn on, turn off, or dim Philips Hue light bulbs
- when used with ambiance bulbs, you can toggle between 4 light recipes
- customize options by adding Philips Hue bridge
- includes mountable wall plate
- attaches to wall plate magnetically, making the dimmer portable
- rated to deliver up to 50,000 lifetime clicks
- dim up to 10 light bulbs at the same time
- powered by one long-lasting battery (included)
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- 3-1/8"W x 4-15/16"H x 5/8"D (including wall plate)
- weight of remote and wall plate: 2.7 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 562777
What's in the box:
Philips Hue Dimmer Switch owner's manual
- Handheld dimmer switch
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Wall plate
- Setup Instructions
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Philips Hue Dimmer Switch reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
Overview: The Philips Hue Dimmer Switch (#562777) is a convenient way to control the Philips Hue lights in your home. The Dimmer Switch can be hand-held or magnetically mounted to the included wall plate. It has three buttons: an on-off toggle, a dimmer rocker, and a "hue" button that cycles through four pre-selected lighting scenes. The switch is powered by a user-replaceable CR2032 coin-cell battery (included) which lasts for approximately 2 years or more. Dimensions:
- Dimmer Switch: Width 1.381", Height 3.622", Depth 0.459"
- Wall Plate: Width 3.13", Height 4.914", Depth 0.291" (0.615" w/ Dimmer Switch)
- Weight: Switch: 1.2 ounces, Wall Plate: 1.5 ounces
Dimmer Switch: The Dimmer Switch uses Zigbee Light Link wireless protocol (IEEE 802.15.4), and can be used with or without the Hue Bridge (sold separately). Without the Bridge, the switch can operate up to 10 lights. When paired with the Bridge, the Dimmer Switch can control many more devices, and is software upgradeable. The Dimmer Switch has a magnet imbedded in the back that lets you attach it to the provided wall plate, or to any metal object that's convenient. The switch has the following controls:
- On/Off: This single click-style button turns your Hue lights on and off.
- Dim: This rocker-style button lets you increase (up) or decrease (down) the light intensity. Pressing and holding the button in either direction will result in a smooth transition from dim to bright or bright to dim.
- hue: This single click-style button changes the light scenes, cycling through Read, Relax, Concentrate, and Energize.
Wall Plate: The wall plate can be attached to any flat surface using the included adhesive strips, or with optional screws. Two of the screw holes match a standard J-box, but The front and back of the wall plate can be separated for mounting with screws, then snapped back into place to cover the screws.
Philips Hue App: Setting up and configuring the Dimmer Switch can be performed in the Philips Hue app. The app is available for Apple devices running iOS 13.0 or later, or for Android devices version 8.0 and up.
Saved me a lot of aggravation. My alternative solution was to run wires through the attic to a new wall switch.
Grant from Stoneham, MA