About the Philips Hue A21 White Ambiance Bulb (1600 lumens)
A shade for every mood
A shade for every mood
Sometimes when I'm light bulb shopping, I can't decide whether I want a warm or cool white light bulb. With this White Ambiance Bulb from Hue, you don't have to choose. This A21 model is a little bigger and a lot brighter than the more compact A19 Hue bulb, but it should still fit easily in most standard fixtures. Experiment to find your favorite shade of white, or choose from four preset “Recipes” — relax, read, concentrate, and energize — that change the color temperature based on your mood or task.
The Hue app makes it easy to find just the right shade of white light.
No Bridge required
One of the only complaints I've heard about Philips Hue bulbs is that you have to have a separate Bridge to control them. Well — not anymore. This new bulb connects to your mobile device using Bluetooth. You can then use the Hue Bluetooth mobile app to control up to ten lights in one room of your home.
Use your voice
You can also control this bulb hands-free if you've got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home device. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
Add wall control
Operating your lights with an app or your voice is fun, but you might find that some members of the household prefer a good old fashioned wall switch. If so, you can pick up a Hue dimmer to add a wall-controlled option to your Bluetooth-based system.
Expand your system with a Bridge to do more
If you want to do even more, you can add a Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately). Then, you can use the Hue mobile app to control up to 50 Hue devices — even when you're not at home. The Bridge also adds compatibility with other Hue accessories and voice control via Apple HomeKit and Microsoft Cortana.
You can also set timers and create routines. And if you want to move from shades of white to your choice of 16 million colors, check out Hue's collection of White and Color Ambiance products.
- A21 form factor with E26 fitting fits most light fixtures
- control up to 10 bulbs in one room with the free Hue Bluetooth app for Apple® and Android™
- high-quality light that ranges from warm white to cool daylight
- color temperature: shades of white (2000-6500K)
- works with the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch
- light recipes allow easy customization of daily routines
- included presets: relax, read, concentrate, and energize
- add voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- additional features available with Philips Hue Wireless Bridge (sold separately)
- schedule, group, and control up to 50 Hue devices throughout your home
- operate lights when you are away from home
- set timers, notifications, and alarms
- sync your lights with movies, games, and music for immersive experiences
- voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) and Microsoft Cortana
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- adjustable brightness up to 1600 lumens
- 16 watts (roughly equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use per bulb
- 2-11/16"W x 5-1/4"H x 2-11/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 562990
What's in the box:
- White ambiance A21 LED smart lightbulb (E26 screw base)
- Quick Start Guide
- Legal Manual
Philips Hue A21 White Ambiance Bulb (1600 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Philips Hue A21 White Ambiance Bulb (1600 lumens)
Overview: The Philips Hue White Ambiance A21 bulb (#562990) is a wirelessly controllable, highly efficient LED light bulb. Philips Hue light bulbs can be paired with the Hue Bridge (sold separately or as part of a Starter Kit) for a full array of features, or connected to your phone or tablet via Bluetooth for basic lighting controls in a single room. The White Ambiance A21 bulb is covered by a 3-year warranty.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. It is designed for indoor use only.
Light Bulb: The LED White Ambiance bulb can be used in standard light sockets (Edison E26 screw base). It has an A21 form factor, and is 2.7" at its widest point and 5.25" tall. The bulb is rated at 16 watts and 1600 lumens, with a brightness equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb. It has an estimated nominal lifetime of 25,000 hours, and up to 50,000 switching cycles. Inside the bulb is a wireless interface that allows you to change the color temperature of the light from warm white to cool daylight (2200K to 6500K). The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The bulb has a beam angle of 160° (±20°), and instant 100% light output at startup.
Wi-Fi Control: The A21 bulb can be added to an existing Hue lighting system and can be connected to wirelessly to the Hue Bridge. The free Philips Hue app (iOS 13.0 or later, Android 8.0 and up) lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, and control the lights when you're away from home. Up to 50 Hue products can be controlled by a single bridge.
Bluetooth Control: In addition to Wi-Fi control through the Hue Bridge, this bulb is also controllable via Bluetooth without the Bridge. Bluetooth control requires the Philips Hue Bluetooth app. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 lights in a single room, to create the perfect ambiance in the room. You can choose from up to 30 light scenes, or control each light bulb individually. You must be within 30 feet of the lights you're trying to control. The Hue Bluetooth app is available for iOS (12.0 or later) and Android devices (7.0 and up).
Voice Control: The Hue A21 bulb can be controlled by voice commands through your favorite Voice Assistant. The lightstrip is compatible with Siri (Apple HomeKit), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
Note: Voice Control requires wireless connection to the Hue Bridge.
- Fitting: E26 (Edison screw base)
- Form Factor: A21
- Input Voltage: 110V - 130V
- Estimated Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Light Output: 2000K to 6500K (warm white to cool daylight)
- Lumen Output: 1600 lm at 4000K (equivalent to a 100-watt incandescent bulb)
- Maximum Operation Power: 16W
- Maximum Standby Power: 0.2W
- Number of Switching Cycles: 50,000
- Startup: Instant 100% light output
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.669" Height 5.23"
- Weight: 6.56 ounces